Exante Support Group - join us if you are on Exante VLCD

I am not sure sure YG, sorry. I only use mine as a shake as freezing or cooking them can mess about with the nutrients. I know that CD sell a product to turn it into a mousse, but exante don't.

Hello, I use my milkshake to make muffins and my soups to make crisps.

For the muffin use a tiny drop of water, plus sweetener tabs to taste, in a rammakin type dish, mix with the milkshake until it is in a really really thick paste almost so thick that it is dry and then put in the microwave for around 30 seconds to 1 minute depending on your microwave. Takes a bit of trial and error, so it may be worth trying it with a small amount first. Chocolate and vanilla are the best.

To make the crisps mix the soup with water into a batter and then place on grease proof paper and put in the microwave for two minutes. You can make small individual or larger ones, not the whole sheet though as they can end up being soggy in the middle. Thai chicken is the best for this.

Its worth a go especially if you are struggling.

Sounds interesting Jojo!

What have your losses been like doing this?

Like you say its good if you are struggling

I'm loving the shakes. They are so much creamier than the lighter life ones. Not too keen on the bar with raisins in it though but the choc and orange is nice and very filling. It's a shame there isn't more choice of flavours but it's certainly do-able.

Hello I have just ordered 4 weeks worth of stuff and am planning on doing the total programme. I will start this on 22nd June as I have a big meal coming up on the week before and didnt want to ruin it before I start.

I have read as well that it is best to reduce the carbs a week before or so to help in the transition...does this just mean cutting out all bread, cereals and potatoes...and filling up on fruit, veg, and meats?

I am currently 11st 5 and want to get down to 9 st 2 asap for my 40th Birthday 1st Aug!

Look forward to getting some help and seeing the journey unravel

Sonia
Look forward to hearing from you soon

Hi Sonia,

Welcome to the site - I'm sure you'll get on really well.

If you can reduce sugar, bread, potatoes, rice, pasta and alcohol in your diet before you start, tha will help you get off to a flying start. I'd also recommend you up your intake of water on this diet. it's recommended that you drink at least 2-3 litres a day. Great if you're already doing that but a useful bit of training if you're not.

There's lots of help here so don't be afraid to ask!

Thinking of joining you. I'm presently using Avidlite. I love the shakes but hate the soups and am getting a bit bored so I'm hoping that a change will remotivate me.
I've now only got 15lbs to lose. I would really like to get rid of this in around 8 weeks, do you think this is feasible. I've been using 2 avidlite shakes a day with a low cal/low carb meal. Don't know whether to carry this on with Exante or to try the Total Solution for a couple of weeks before going up the steps towards maintenance.
Any advice gratefully received....

Hi Gina and welcome!

I would personally do total solution for a couple of weeks first but that's because I find total abstinence far easier than moderation! I think the discipline is particularly helpful if you're getting bored as you say you are.

Your goal is very realistic and as you've been used to a similar regime, I imagine you'll adapt very easily.

Good luck and let us know how you're getting on.

BTW, how did you find Exante and what made you choose it?

My weightloss journey this time(got to 10st 4 last year on SW) began with celebrity slim, then i came on here and discovered avidlite. Then i explored the site more and found exante. Had looked at doing cd but, due to childcare problems i couldn't get to a counsellor. Fancied exante cos i can order online and i feel i am able to do this myself with help from this forum of course. I took the plunge and ordered a starter pack so will start on thursday.

Hi Gina and welcome to the forum. It's totally managable to shed your weight in 8 weeks. Exante products are great!

Hi Sonia, nice to see you on here. Glad to see that you took the plunge. Thanks for your mail BTW. I can't reply right now as PC with outlook (and all my mails) is in for repair. Will mail you as soon as I get it back. Good luck with starting!

Hi Sarah

Thanks....I have also told my sister about this and so hopefully we will be doing this together.

I am trying to get used to drinking all the water which has been advised earlier...difficult but I am hoping it will help keep hunger pangs at bay!

Do I need to go out and buy stuff to check that I am in ketosis...is this important? And if so does it have to be checked regularly?

thanks

Sonia

Hi me again!

I have been doing lots of reading regarding this diet and a thing that concerns me is as follows

I know that by reducing the carbs and doing very few calories that the body then uses the fat cells to get its energy for mere survival...isnt this putting the body into starvation mode and slowing the metabolism down? Whats then stopping the body putting the weight on again once you start eating normally because the body isnt used to the amount of calories that you will be eating again?

Looking forward for some clarification because I dont want to go through the next 4 weeks or so only to discover its not pernament...

Just thinking ahead before I start!

Thanks Sonia

Hi Sonia

With regards to ketostix, you can purchase them if you want to be sure you are in ketosis, but you can normally tell by the strange taste in your mouth. You can buy ketostix from boots or any chemist.

On the putting it all back on again, what we are recommend is that you go onto the healthy plan to gradually re-introduce food, however if that isn't an option for you, then eating sensibly when you come off will not make you put it all back on again. It will take a little while for your metabolism to speed up again, but so long as you gradually up your calories, you will be fine.

The way I look at it is old eating habits = old size, new and healthy eating habits = slim for life!

So even if you have a big blow out on your birthday, you aren't going to suddenly regain it all. I can help you with introducing a healthy diet when you get to that point if you would like me to and the other boards on here have some great advice too. HTH

Hi

Thanks for that...you know in a kind of weird way I am looking forward to these next few weeks.

I went to see a image consultant today and am looking forward to losing the weight and looking good in my clothes

I have received my pack today and read the stuff in readiness for Monday...it says on there that you don't feel hungry but we shall see!

I am cutting out all carbs this week and tea and coffee along with alcohol (apart from this sat when I am having a celebration meal...so hopefully this wont do too much damage)so that I can make it as easy a transition as possible

The water drinking I am finding difficult to fit in...managing 2 litres a day but when I am working out of the office and am out and about in my car this is a bit more difficult.

Can't wait to next week to see how it feels to get started!

thanks Sonia

Hello. I'm new to exante but hope it will help me lose the last stone of my baby weight. I've gone for the working solution and this is my 2nd full day. My skin is already looking healthier.

I'm so relieved to find this support coz there aren't any consultants near me. Hope to share good news you you lot in the future. xxx

Hi to Sonia, Gina and Ime...........hope you are all having a great week.

Hello everyone

well so far so good...I am on my 2nd day and am doing total solution

At the moment I feel ok and dont feel overly hungry.

I am splitting the milkshake in the morning at 9.00am and then I have the rest at 12.30pm

I then have half the bar at 3pm ish and then my soup at 5.30pm leaving the rest of the bar until about 8.00pm

the water comsumption is fine too.

I wonder if there is going to be a catch up time when I will suddenly become absolutely ravenous??!!

Best wishes

Sonia

Hi all,

I am currently on LT, this has been ok, have lost 13 pounds so far in just over a week, I have today ordered the starter pack of Exante products as I have been reading that they are tastier and have more choice. I have six stone to lose and want to do this by Christmas, do you think i'm being realistic. I have struggled with my weight all of my aldult life and the reason I have put on so much weight is beacuse I decided to give up dieting as I was miserable. I feel certain i'll lose weight on the food replacement, it's the first diet i've found fairly easy to stick to. Any tips and advice, how much does Exante work out at if I went for the total food replacement. Is there a popular flavour.

Any tips will be great, looking forward to getting to know you all.

x

ps i'd really like to be able to have a no/lo carb meal with my family in the evening, does this really slow down your weight loss?

x

Back