Exante Support Group - join us if you are on Exante VLCD

Thanks for getting back to me quak been to docs today reasured me and my mother that this diet is fine so she doesnt need to keep undertakers on speed dial LOL.Everyone happy for now.:clap: love to all xx

Hi all, have had a slight problem, tried tomato & basil soup and could't finish it, thought it tasted horrible. :sigh: I bought 2 wks supply of diet and have 3 more sachet's of it. Just hope I like the other flavours. I ended up having some chicken for dinner instead! Hope to do better tomorrow. :mad:

Sorry you didn't like your soup, I think it is more a texture thing that you have to get used to, try some of the others and then go back to the tomato - you may find it better then. It took me a couple of days and now I love them all. How much water did you use as that can make a difference too.
B xx

Thanks for getting back to me quak been to docs today reasured me and my mother that this diet is fine so she doesnt need to keep undertakers on speed dial LOL.Everyone happy for now.:clap: love to all xx

Hi snack - that comment about the undertakers on speed dial really made me laugh! :D:D:D Glad you are feeling better about it - hope it goes really well for you.
B xx

Hi all
Not been about much last week as I had family up to stay. I made the decision to eat what i wanted for my evening meal (within reason!) last week as I wanted to eat with them, not sure if it was the right or wrong decision but I enjoed the week! Anyway the price to pay was staying the same when I weighed in on Monday, could have been a lot worse so I am happy with that and back on track again. Hope everyone is having a good week x

You can't give up living, you got through it without putting any on which is the main thing and now you are back at it which is fabulous - onwards and downwards!

Hi Quak, I use about 250ml's of water for the soup. I like the mushroom, have still to try the veg and thai chicken, although I don't like the frothy texture after blending!
Mx

Hi Baby jane

Well done on your weightloss so far!! I hope I can be as good as you - i have been on a few other diest and had probs with the tomato soup...i then tried mixing it like a shake and then heating it up in a pan aftrwards. Havent tried it with these yet, but I will tonight and will let you know how i get on :)

Hi samwidge, I just had the chicken thai soup, I blended it in cold water, making sure the hand blender was underneath liquid and heated up in pan, tasted nice & no froth!! Hope you enjoy yours! Mx

i am currently enjoying my soup - with a few drops of tabasco in it so v spicy - but did it the cold water way and its really nice!

mushroom tomorrow- eurgh - dont like mushroom :wave_cry:

Well today is the start of week 4 on exante. I had to go away on a residential course last week for work which was a bit of a challenge as all meals were provided and the choice and quantity you could have were enormous. I took my food replacements, blender etc and "enjoyed!" my shakes and soup in my room. I'm so glad that I was resolute as I missed my weigh in last because of being away but when I weighed in this morning another 9lb has gone which I'm very pleased with. 1s 5lbs in 3 weeks isn't bad.

Giving the cereal bars a miss at the moment as a bit sick of them so thought a break might be good. Got the hot chocolate right now and it's so nice to drink something that isn't water or black coffee.

Skin has also started to improve from the spotty pubescent look I had a week ago so pleased about that.

I'm actually starting to believe that by the end of the 12th week which is 20th December I might be able to look quite a bit slimmer. Although I don't think I will have reached my target wait I've decided that for the Christmas week I will stop the food packs and have Christmas dinner - but I will keep an eye on what I have and then return to the foodpacks until I reach goal.
I'm so glad I took the decision to do this. Had I gone to a slimming club (ww or sw) I would probably have only lost a few pound by now and I think my motivation would have gone by now.

Good luck to everyone else - I never thought I'd be able to do this but still feeling positive and motivated (even when cooking roast and making bacon sandwiches for other half!)

Julie

Well done Julie, you are doing so well and the willpower you showed last week is tremendous! Keep up the fantastic work. :D
B xx

Hi guys
Glad to hear everyone is doing so well :) I have lost 1lb this week, which I am pleased with as I am now including food as well as shakes. My work trousers did up without the aid of a hairband yesterday though I couldn't sit down! So nearly to my second mini goal :) Hope you all have a great day x

hi Q yes I am, I am having 2 meal replacements and then an evening meal but keeping it under 1000 cals. Got meatballs and sauce tonight :)

Mmmm Bluemoon .... some food sounds nice. I've been feeling a bit peckish today which is unusual but I've managed to resist and at 9.30pm am still left with a cup of hot chocolate to have...

Someone at work today said "oh julie you look like you've lost a bit of weight.." I felt rather pleased. I haven't actually told anyone what I'm doing but it's nice to think that it's started to become a big noticeable.

Keep up the good work

Julie x

My next worry is next week as it'll be week 5 and according to the booklet I should add some food that week before going back to complete replacement.

Although the food on the list looks fine I'd rather not move away from the total meal replacement.

My OH is adamant that if it says I should eat something off the list then that it what I must do but I'm not convinced. I'm certain I can stick to the list of allowed foods and the protions will be fine but something in my head is nagging away saying "don't it".

I guess deep down I'm really quite scared. It has been such a relief excluding food from my life I'm reluctant to let it back in at this early stage.

Has anyone else had the same sort of experience that they could share with me. Any thoughts would be welcome.

Julie x

To be honest I was quite worried myself the first time but the only problem I really had was getting it all into the day! And yes, at the end of the week it was a relief to get back to TS. The weight loss did slow down that week but the following weeks it was really good again and more than made up for it. It also made loo visits a "regular occurrence" again lol. I did the 2nd one a bit earlier than the 12 weeks as I was having loo problems and wanted the fibre from the veggies and again the following weeks losses were brilliant. I am due another one in a couple of weeks and quite looking forward to it now. If I were you I would definitely do it, they don't put it there for no reason and it will give you a boost. Good luck with whatever you decide.
B xx

Thanks Quak

I think I'll give it a go. It would be nice to go to the loo again. It's not been worth taking the newspaper in with me for the last few weeks!

Julie x

Back