Exante Virgin - Some advice please x

Montana01

Hi all

Its so encouraging to see everyones journeys.

I received my 4 week bumper pack Friday. The plan was to start it today - well it never happened.

I don't know what I'm so nervous about! Scared how bad it will be I suppose.

I've been googling all sorts and come across this. WOW, you all have achieved so much in such a short space of time!!!!!!!!

I'm on a journey to loosing 7st by July next year.

Does anyone have any tips? How bad was the 1st week?

Hi Montana..welcome to the world of the exante dieters!! Great that you found the minimins exante followers. First step of exante is googling it! lol!! My experience of exante has had its highs and lows. I started it in 2011 and lost 3 and a half stone in a very short space of time and was thrilled. Unfortunately took a break for Christmas and never got back on the exante wagon again despite several stops and starts. Needless to say all the old eating habits I never learned to control (all or nothing mentality) returned and regained the weight. So, here I am again, older (fatter) and hopefully wiser. I am on Day 8 of total solution and have lost 12lbs. I am hoping I have learned from my last experience and returning to eating needs to be more planned. (mind you, it did take a year and a half of a feeding frenzy to put the weight on again). My advice would be to make a date to start that gives you a good run at it without distraction particularly for the first 4 or 5 days as stopping and starting is a recipe for disaster. Remember to make sure you drink, drink drink at least 3 litres of water as it really does speed up the loss. A big loss in the first week is a great motivator and come on to this forum for inspiration. Best of luck and I look forward to hearing how you are shrinking!!

Good luck Montana! I did exante about 3 years ago and lasted 3 or 4 days!! it was awful! Alot of it was in my head and whilst i like soup being on it all the time killed me (I have never liked shakes so they were automatically ruled out for me). But this time round i am on day 10 and have lost 8 pound so far. I wont lie, its tough, the first week is awful. I was feeling so sorry for myself but being on here and speaking with the girls, moaning and grumping made all the difference. Now i feel that its not so bad, i eat 2 pasta carbonaras (i did buy the porridge but didnt like it, think clothes peg on nose to get it down) and a chocolate orange bar a day with lots of coke zero and buillion! I plan to eat if i am going out and being around people but otherwise i stay on the 100% completely. I would go as far to say that the feeling you get at the end of the day when you have done it and finish that first day means you know you can do it again. I still sometimes feel hungry but thats when i get my buillion out. It reminds me of knorrs chicken noodle soup, just without the chicken or the noodles!hahaha. The tips are, having just gone through that first week, is dont feel down if you are finding it hard, it is hard and two drink lots. My next tip is not to look at your kids foods longingly and go into a daydream, drooling so bad that you dont see your darling daughter pouring her dinner all over the floor! Did it Yesterday! Man her tea looked so good!!!! hahaha. Good luck again, you can do it!

Reading everyones success stories has made me want to start exante. Waiting for my 6 week bumper pack to arrive today so i can jump straight on it. I'm hoping to lose 2.5 st in the next 12 weeks. heres hoping we have enough motivation! nervous

Hi all

Its so encouraging to see everyones journeys.

I received my 4 week bumper pack Friday. The plan was to start it today - well it never happened.

I don't know what I'm so nervous about! Scared how bad it will be I suppose.

I've been googling all sorts and come across this. WOW, you all have achieved so much in such a short space of time!!!!!!!!

I'm on a journey to loosing 7st by July next year.

Does anyone have any tips? How bad was the 1st week?

Hey Montana, welcome and good luck on your journey. I think it's really important to be realistic about the highs and lows of something like Exante. It can be tough and expecting it is quite important, so you'll be prepared to just grit your teeth and get through the cravings/temptations/invitations whatever might come your way.
But think that amazing results only come from hard work and full effort. So you can lose a lot of weight with this. If you're willing to give it your very best shot and stick to the plan.
Don't be nervous about it. I think abstaining from food for a while makes us almost mourn it because most of us have a difficult relationship with food and stopping it suddenly is like a bit of a break up. So perhaps look at it like that. You'll get over and through the first tough phase. And come here plenty and write a lot!! It really helps :)

Hi Montana,

My advice, just jump in. If you can go for 100% but if you can't don't beat yourself up about it. Make sure you nibble on protein like prawns, eggs, seafood sticks - anything that has no carbs. Just make sure it is nibbling and not eating a full meal. Make sure the whole day's nibbles are not more than 400calories. That's like easing into 100% but with a working solutions approach. But the end of the first couple of days you'll be more able to contemplate 100%.

That's what I did anyway and this is coming to the end of week two for me. Even with my nibbling I've lost 11lbs and today I'm 100% no problems whatsoever.

Good luck

Back