excersize

tegzy

when is it advisable to start doing exersize? this has probably been asked 1million times hehe

im doing the race for life in 5 weeks on sunday so need to get fit pretty quickly. today is my 2nd day, i feel suprisingly good, maybe 1 mile on the treadmill a day is too much too soon?

Walking is highly recommended on LT as it's gentle and you can do it at your own pace. I walked 4-5 times a week before LT (3 miles in 40mins- ie. fairly fast) and was advised to keep it up?

I was just about to ask the same question.

but i have another question too....a girl at work claims that when she went to the gym whilst on LT she didnt lose as much as when she didnt go to the gym!! surely this cant be true
Gentle exercise is whats recommended (walking, yoga, pilates etc.). If you do too much cardio you'll burn way too many calories and run the risk of putting your body into starvation mode (google it) so your body will hang on to every ounce of fat, making it harder/impossible to lose weight!

hmm, strange?
i dont wanna have to walk the race, maybe i will wait till next week to start my training,

has anyone else had the same problem as above ^^?

Do you do any running at the minute? If not, you'll be better off walking to begin with to build up your stamina? If you already run a little, then I don't see why you can't continue if you feel up to it?

nah i dont run, i dont do any exersize, was doing a mile a day about 2 months ago, and i was nakard after everytime, like light headed and weak, maybe i should leave it for a while before i try, as i feel quite light headed and weak after doing bot all! and its only my 2nd day

LOL! I think that might be a good idea!

When you do feel up to it, build up to it gradually. I've done a few 5k's, but never managed to jog all of it- maybe 1-2k of them? But theres no shame in it- there are loads of walkers (speed & regular) as well as runners and joggers! Just do it at your own pace- finishing will feel just as good no matter how you get there- preferably not on a gurney hooked up to an oxygen tank though!! LOL! Start by walking, build up your distance, then you can concentrate on your speed.
Good luck!

I'm no expert! Just my tuppence worth!
Good luck, you'll manage it no probs!

Back