Excess Loose Skin

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by CMAN, 2 January 2009 Social URL.

1. CMAN

CMAN Member

Start Weight:
    23st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(6.21%)
    Okay, I've been doing a bit of reading on the internet about this and If I'm honest a little worried about it as I have over 126 lbs to loose and everyone seems to be doom and gloom and that it's highly likely that I will have excess skin.

I'm not starving myself or having a low calorie diet but am doing food optimisation (SW) and increasing my exercise levels.

What are peoples personal experiences?

Have you lost weight doing the same as I am doing and how did you find your skin?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Purpleangel

Purpleangel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    i don't have any epxerience of loose skin, but i think it tends to come when you lose a lot of weight in a short space of time. If you are doing SW then thats a slow and steady diet, and if you combine it with toning exercise then you should be fine.

Good luck :)

4. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    There is a very helpful thread around here about this, except I can't find it to post a link. I'll keep trying.

5. cah-ching

cah-ching Gold Member

I think if there's a lot of weight to lose then theres a lot of lose skin irrespective of the diet chosen.

I think exercise can help. However from what I've read on here ... waiting helps too i.e. the skin needs time to revert back too.

6. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    HERE IT IS

I think this was the thread I was thinking of.

7. Melanie

Melanie Over half way to target

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(26.42%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think age may have a bit to do with it - I'm sadly finding skin no longer as elastic as it used to be. Never mind, a big pair of Spanx will see me right!

8. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    Better a bit of loose skin that a lot of fat! Well, thats what i'm telling myself anyway. I think it depends on lots of things, age, skin type, amount lost over how long etc..

Good luck with your journey.

9. CMAN

CMAN Member

Start Weight:
    23st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(6.21%)
    Thanks for that Jim, I must have been blind when looking previously

10. CMAN

CMAN Member

Start Weight:
    23st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(6.21%)
    Thanks for all of the comments, I've signed up for a primarily weights gym and if I can avoid all the budgies who look at themselves in the mirror, I may be able to stick to it and bulk up a little and hopefully lose a little extra fat and replace it with a different composition of muscle thus reducing the actually size loss. Oh and I've started to use coconut butter cream with vitamin E after showering and ex-foliating as I heard that helps - can't say just yet whether it works but my skin is soft and smells nice at the moment but then again only 20lbs down!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.