• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Excess Loose Skin

Okay, I've been doing a bit of reading on the internet about this and If I'm honest a little worried about it as I have over 126 lbs to loose and everyone seems to be doom and gloom and that it's highly likely that I will have excess skin.

I'm not starving myself or having a low calorie diet but am doing food optimisation (SW) and increasing my exercise levels.

What are peoples personal experiences?

Have you lost weight doing the same as I am doing and how did you find your skin?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
i don't have any epxerience of loose skin, but i think it tends to come when you lose a lot of weight in a short space of time. If you are doing SW then thats a slow and steady diet, and if you combine it with toning exercise then you should be fine.

Good luck :)

There is a very helpful thread around here about this, except I can't find it to post a link. I'll keep trying.

i don't have any epxerience of loose skin, but i think it tends to come when you lose a lot of weight in a short space of time. If you are doing SW then thats a slow and steady diet, and if you combine it with toning exercise then you should be fine.

Good luck :)

I think if there's a lot of weight to lose then theres a lot of lose skin irrespective of the diet chosen.

I think exercise can help. However from what I've read on here ... waiting helps too i.e. the skin needs time to revert back too.

Melanie

Over half way to target
I think age may have a bit to do with it - I'm sadly finding skin no longer as elastic as it used to be. Never mind, a big pair of Spanx will see me right!

Barb

Gold Member
Better a bit of loose skin that a lot of fat! Well, thats what i'm telling myself anyway. I think it depends on lots of things, age, skin type, amount lost over how long etc..

Good luck with your journey.

Thanks for all of the comments, I've signed up for a primarily weights gym and if I can avoid all the budgies who look at themselves in the mirror, I may be able to stick to it and bulk up a little and hopefully lose a little extra fat and replace it with a different composition of muscle thus reducing the actually size loss. Oh and I've started to use coconut butter cream with vitamin E after showering and ex-foliating as I heard that helps - can't say just yet whether it works but my skin is soft and smells nice at the moment but then again only 20lbs down!