Exercise Challenge - inc. Insanity!

Snuck out today and did a pilates class. Really enjoyed it. Flippin' freezing here too!
check you out !!! very impressed! x

Insanity fit test - DONE! Like Caro, I noticed a few improvements, and had a couple of exercises where I stayed the same. I'm now a quarter of the way through. Slightly scared for month 2 workouts, as they are supposed to be even more insane....!!!

Well done everyone!xx

I was reading in the news today about calories burnt whilst watching scary films. Why am I wasting time exercising when I could just as easily sit on the sofa and watch TV?! There's loads of horror films on at the moment as it's halloween, so take a day off from the gym and scare yourself thin!!!

Top 10 energy-burning scary movies
1. The Shining: 184 calories
2. Jaws: 161 calories
3. The Exorcist: 158 calories
Alien: 152 calories
Saw: 133 calories
A Nightmare on Elm Street: 118 calories
Paranormal Activity: 111 calories
The Blair Witch Project: 105 calories
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre: 107 calories
[Rec]: 101 calories

I've not had chance to do much exercise the last few days, what do you think about running onthe spot.........I was thinking of just jogging on the spot whilst i watch tv, I could do a quarter of hour to start with doing advert to advert.

Do you think this will help?

scaring myself thin watching horror movies (yay) that means i could eat a chocolate bar whilst watching and it counts as if i havent eaten anything!!! lol x (ps, i am not advising anyone actually does this) xxx

I've not had chance to do much exercise the last few days, what do you think about running onthe spot.........I was thinking of just jogging on the spot whilst i watch tv, I could do a quarter of hour to start with doing advert to advert.

Do you think this will help?

Jogging on the spot would be good, or maybe star jumps to make it a little more high-impact? It all adds up!xx

Jogging on the spot would be good, or maybe star jumps to make it a little more high-impact? It all adds up!xx

I ended up doing about 12 mins of jogging on the spot between adverts, but my ankle was starting to hurt, I reckon I need to build it up. Would have done again tonight but feel crap so won't bother.

Plyometric cardio circuit - done! Tomorrow pure cardio & cardio abs.

No six pack yet..... sniff!

Maybe its a 2 pack to start with...........getting there!!!

I ended up doing about 12 mins of jogging on the spot between adverts, but my ankle was starting to hurt, I reckon I need to build it up. Would have done again tonight but feel crap so won't bother.

i reckon squats in between adverts wld be effective!

Halfway through week 3! Did the hated cardio circuit yesterday and pure cardio this morning. I'm supposed to also do cardio abs today, but not sure when that's supposed to happen... Definitely not right after I am lying in a sweaty heap after pure cardio. And I had an event after work and got home after 10:30, so not happening tonight either. I may have to fit it in after recovery tomorrow: I'm working at home so have more time during the day.

It's been tough this week... I've been sleeping badly and waking up late and the last thing I want to do is get out of bed and exercise! But I'm grateful that its pretty quick and I know I'll be done in a flash. Although now ceri has scared me with the thought of month 2 workouts...

Keep up the good work, team! And DNF, I agree that squats, lunges, planks, pushups, crunches and other strength training moves are great in front of the tv. Find a few challenging poses and just see how long you can hold them.
Cx

i'm in, you have all inspired me to get moving more1

i reckon squats in between adverts wld be effective!

A possible, though I aren't sure what my back will think LOL, though I do find it easier to bend and pick up stuff these days.

Keep up the good work, team! And DNF, I agree that squats, lunges, planks, pushups, crunches and other strength training moves are great in front of the tv. Find a few challenging poses and just see how long you can hold them.
Cx
Good Idea, I will have a go. Just need to do it when no one can see me LOL, don't like doing in front of hubby, feel shy LOL

Don't be shy, dnf. The first time you might feel weird, but he will respect you for it and may even be motivated to join in.

I had a lie in this morning and did my exercises a bit later. Did cardio abs followed by recovery. Seems much more sensible than doing it after pure cardio! Just 1 day left and then my week 3 is done!

How we all doing?

PS one of my motivations for exercising is the fact that our cats love the yoga mat and always try and join in! This morning couscous decided he wanted a lap while I was doing squats, and jumped up onto my knee! He didn't manage to stay there very long, though. But it's definitely one way to add to the challenge!

image-3204323564.jpg

PS one of my motivations for exercising is the fact that our cats love the yoga mat and always try and join in! This morning couscous decided he wanted a lap while I was doing squats, and jumped up onto my knee! He didn't manage to stay there very long, though. But it's definitely one way to add to the challenge!

View attachment 67466
loved that post!

Back