Exercise Challenge - inc. Insanity!

Dear ma'am Ceri. Miss B reporting on today's progress: 6week six pack DVD plus 30mins walk.

Wow, this thread is hot right now! Big shout-out to the new recruits - Pauline, Becky & tutter29. This thread is definitely helping me, I felt quite lazy earlier, but then didn't want to have to report back here that I hadn't done anything, so I stuck on day 3 of Insanity!

Feeling pretty pleased with myself right now, and found the workout a little easier than yesterday, but have a feeling I'm going to ache big time tomorrow as there was a lot of leg and arm work. Oh my god, how hard are moving push-ups???!!! I gave up on those and just stuck with regular push-ups (which are hard enough anyway!!). Looking forward to Cardio Recovery tomorrow, but I'm going to have to do it before I go to work as I'm going out tomorrow night.

:)x

Ive started the coach to 5k and doing zumba once a wk(first time tonight) bit nervous....was doing my running on my treadmill but have decided to sell it and go run outside yay lol...must say am shattered only strated the running last week

Hope you had fun at Zumba! Let us know how you found it. I think running is a lot more fun outside, it can get quite boring on the treadmill. You'll be surprised how quickly you can increase your speed and distance with the running, so keep with it, it will definitely be worth it :)x

Zumba was great!!! So much fun really enjoyed it so thats my wednesdays sorted lol...me legs are hurting alot more than when i run tho but feels good!!!....cant wait to get rid of the treadmill then i can get my proper out door stuff :) xx

Arrgghhh haven't had chance to do anything today, shopping, ebay, hospital, school run and late time with DD. So I think I will take the dukan exercises upstairs to bed and do a few of them.

tutter29 said:
Zumba was great!!! So much fun really enjoyed it so thats my wednesdays sorted lol...me legs are hurting alot more than when i run tho but feels good!!!....cant wait to get rid of the treadmill then i can get my proper out door stuff :) xx

Yay, glad you had fun! X

Poor Mr DF is in so much pain that he'll be lucky to even managed the stairs at the same time LOL. Though i reckon he'll be wondering what I am doing when the bed bangs LOL.... :eek:

Hooray! Completed insanity day 4, cardio recovery. And happily it was a real recovery, with lots of stretching and yoga poses, but also some nasty squats and lunges that I almost didn't manage.

I'm still not quite sure about the schedule, as I can't see myself managing this plus gym. I'd also prefer to do 5 days a week, since I'm usually out and about, sailing, cycling etc on the weekends. I'll look around and see if there is any advice on doing a modified program. But I'm also enjoying it and don't want to mess around with the plan too much since it seems quite well designed. Ideas?

Welcome to all the newbies and well done everyone on the fantastic start!
Cx

Hooray! Completed insanity day 4, cardio recovery. And happily it was a real recovery, with lots of stretching and yoga poses, but also some nasty squats and lunges that I almost didn't manage.

I'm still not quite sure about the schedule, as I can't see myself managing this plus gym. I'd also prefer to do 5 days a week, since I'm usually out and about, sailing, cycling etc on the weekends. I'll look around and see if there is any advice on doing a modified program. But I'm also enjoying it and don't want to mess around with the plan too much since it seems quite well designed. Ideas?

Welcome to all the newbies and well done everyone on the fantastic start!
Cx

If you check out the schedule, then each week one of the sessions is repeated, so maybe each week you could cut out the duplicated session? That would mean you'd only have to complete the workouts 5 days a week. You could also maybe switch out the cardio recovery session for a yoga/pilates workout at the gym? I think out of all the workouts that would be the one I'd be most willing to skip/switch.

I was supposed to do day 4 this morning, but I didn't get out of bed in time. I'm still definitely going to do it, but it will be pretty late (probably around 10.30pm), as I'm going out straight after work tonight. At least it's not one of the more strenuous workouts!x

Eek, feeling a little but tipsy after having drinks after work. I'm still going to do the insanity workout, this should be interesting!!

LOL, have an image of a stumbling exercise LOL. Some walking done today, not a lot but a bit mroe than usual.

I managed to complete day 4 last night, luckily it was the recovery workout, so fairly easy compared to everything else. I've got the day off work today and I'm playing a round of golf, and then later on I'm going to do day 5 of Insanity (pure cardio). I hope everybody else has fun getting sweaty today!!!xx

Made it through week 1! Pure cardio was torture today. I can't manage half those moves properly, never mind at their speed! But I'm still feeling good, although definitely getting hungrier, and craving carbs...

Unfortunately I have also managed to get a really painful shoulder, probably a combination of the workouts and not sleeping well this week. Insanity has a lot of stretching, but mainly legs, and I feel like I should have stretched my back and shoulders more. Went for a traditional chinese massage today and have applied lots of tiger balm. I smell wonderful right now!

Hoping to sail tomorrow, but will see how I feel. Hope everyone enjoyed their first 5 days of the challenge!

Back