Exercise Challenge - inc. Insanity!

Great stuff china! What are you doing: running, classes, weights...?
today I did weights. Otherwise throughout the week I do yoga, zumba & body pump. My trouble is that i go through phases of regular exercise & then phases of couch potato!!!
I am envious of you & your bike. I'm no good on a bike & prob not safe to be let out on the road either :)

Wow, china, gym demon! You go girl!

Well, the cycling terrified me at first, even though I'd happily cycled around shanghai. London is scary, and I signed up for cycle safety classes to get more comfortable with it. Still scary, but I love being free of public transport.

So tomorrow no excuses, I'm on the bike!

Total body workout done at 7.30 am! totally aching :)

Warm up week, day 1:
Did 20 squats and 20 sets of waist bends
Cycled to work

Yay!

10 minutes on the power plate not much but every little helps seen as though I'm scared of exercise lol x

does a mini swim, steam and sauna count as exercise? prob not. was to aching to do anything else this morning.

Boo, missed my cycle today as I had to lug in my laptop for a presentation. Excuses, excuses... Luckily this was warm up week, and I've learned to jump in on Monday so that I can make my weekly quota early.

But I walked for an hour and I did manage 30 squats and 20 sets of side bends this morning :)

15 minute super fast total body workout from women's health don't know if its any good lol but I'm gonna alternate days with the vibration plate x

Course it's good! Great start, Em!

zumba & yoga

Managed cycle number 2 in lots of rain today. My own fault for taking the bus when it was gorgeous and sunny earlier in the week. And I added on a few miles as I cycled to hubby's work and we cycled home together.

Also did my 30 squats in the morning, but not the side bends as I realize you can't do that after huge quantities of coffee, water and yoghurt! But I can already feel sore stomach muscles from the last 2 days, so that's very encouraging! Muffin top seems to be shrinking, and the thighs are feeling stronger even though bum is still wobbly :) need to tackle the flabby arms from next week, though: press ups here we come!

Happy weekend lovely ladies Cxx

Body pump done.
Knees are aching, any tips please?

Body pump done.
Knees are aching, any tips please?
body pump! good for you, china!!

not sure about the knee problem, though... BP is low impact and they shouldn't really hurt unless maybe you were in the wrong position for squats or lunges? was it a different routine, or the first class you've done in a while?

good on you for exercising but I'd take it easy and make sure this is sorted before you do anything else.

Cx

cycle #1 - done!
morning exercises - done!

bring on tuesday (and can someone please turn the rain off?!)

body pump! good for you, china!!

not sure about the knee problem, though... BP is low impact and they shouldn't really hurt unless maybe you were in the wrong position for squats or lunges? was it a different routine, or the first class you've done in a while?

good on you for exercising but I'd take it easy and make sure this is sorted before you do anything else.

Cx
Now that I'm back home, knees feel ok. think it must be middle age :) Going to have a word with the physio tomorrow though.
Well done on cycling in this terrible weather. it looks like the winter is approaching quickly. It feels really chilly today.

Thanks china. I was lucky: clear morning and evening although it rained during the day. But the colder weather is incentive to do more cycling while I can. Once it REALLY gets cold I'll have to find something else to burn the calories!

Week 1, day 2: cycle 2 done, exercises done! Feel great :)

gym done, double coffee perked me up really well :)

Oops, double post...

Last edited:
total body workout done,
knees not too bad,
double coffee,

Back