Exercise Challenge - inc. Insanity!

Wow I'm tired just reading it!! Double coffee? Is that two coffees or one coffee double strength? :) either way it sounds like you've earned it!!

Wow I'm tired just reading it!! Double coffee? Is that two coffees or one coffee double strength? :) either way it sounds like you've earned it!!
2 spoons of millicano coffee, 1 inch of water & a drop of milk. Pure caffeine :)

Well done china! About 40 mins of fast walking today for me: that's it, I'm afraid.

Thanks china! Off on my bike again now. Have a great day!

swim done,
happy cycling Dukanista, not the best weather for it though :)

Ah, well, I thought I'd combine a swim and a cycle today... :)

Seriously, though, you must burn more calories cycling with soggy clothing. Much harder work!

Well done on all the exercise this week, china. Looks like you're nearly there!

I'm quietly doing the 30 day shred - I did it last year and got in to what I felt was my best shape ever - but for whatever reason, stopped at 28 days?!? I finished day 22 today and determined to see it through this time! Not quite sure what to do once it's all over though..?

Ah, well, I thought I'd combine a swim and a cycle today... :)

Seriously, though, you must burn more calories cycling with soggy clothing. Much harder work!

Well done on all the exercise this week, china. Looks like you're nearly there!
Thats hardcore cycling. But the good news on the cycling is that my brother has cycled to & from work in all weathers for the last 8 years & is like a twiglet & eats like a horse. He says its the cycling that keeps him thin. I wish I could cycle.
My plan for today is zumba & yoga. Not got great co ordination & thought the more I did zumba the easier it would get but last week, I was more out of sync than ever before so not really looking forward to todays class!

I've been recording my exercising in my diary but a) it doesn't make for very interesting reading and b) I want the company so I thought I'd come across to here.

My aim is to do some cardio every day - I have various issues with my heart and am on 3 different types of medication so I mustn't do anything too strenuous but I can only think that regular, low-level activity is beneficial. So I try to alternate 30 minutes on the exercise bike one day with 30 minutes fast walking on the treadmill the next. I stretch my legs on the power plate afterwards.

I'm also trying to do weights 3 times a week, again nothing major: 2 sets of 15 reps lats pull down, chest press, seated row, triceps extensions and leg press, followed by some sit-ups and back extensions and some stretching.

Finally I try to go to a couple of mat-based Pilates classes a week. I go to one on Saturday lunchtime with a fabulous teacher. There is a second class I have so far tried once, at the gym I use, it's not terribly good, I don't think the teacher is qualified, but I'm such a fan of Pilates I'm going to try to go regularly anyway. Same teacher also teaches a class on Fridays at 7am and while it's a bit early for me really I would go but I normally run my son to the station at 7.30 every morning to ease his journey to school so I'll probably give it a miss at least for the time being.

So that's it! Today I went to the gym and did 30 mins on the bike, 15 of them on level 4 and 15 on level 5, at 85rpm. I then did weights routine as above: 25kg on lats pull down, 18kg on chest press, 18kg on seated row, 27kg on triceps extension and 59kg on leg press.

Ready for bed now and it's only 9 o'clock!

Last edited:
Yay Sara! Good to see you here, and your routine sounds great.

Gym done, it was a struggle

Well done, China! Bet you feel better for it now... or not?

I did 30 minutes fast-walking on the treadmill yesterday, 15 on 4 degree gradient and 15 on 5 degrees, all at 6.5kph.

Today I did cycling for 30 mins, 15 on level 4 of difficulty and 15 on level 5, all at 85rpm. Then usual weights routine but 3 sets of each exercise instead of 2 - think I'll only do that once this week though.

Feeling a bit bleh this week with the weather, but I did manage my first cycle yesterday. Have been lazy with the other exercises, though. Tomorrow I'll have to up it to 50 squats :)

Cycle number 2 done, plus 50 squats. Whoop whoop! Take that, scales :)

yoga done

Cycle number 3 done! And I didn't get rained on once :)

Working at home tomorrow so will do some more exercises here. Happy Friday dukanettes, and well done on a great week of workouts Cxx

Managed my 30 mins on the treadmill after all - wasn't sure I was going to go to the gym as I woke up with a raging sore throat. For some reason I started at level 3 though, and upped to 4 half way through, instead of doing level 4/5 - or I think I did! Senility is setting in already, I really can't remember! Enjoy your well-earned rest this weekend, girls, or at least change of routine xx

Back