Exercise, Getting back on track

Hi there

As a long term knee problem Ive learned so much. The noise is likely to be meniscal cartlidge but you may have damaged either anterior or medial ligament. At first I did all the wrong things, then nothing and thats when the weight stacked on, probably 3 stone in 3 years.....

So I started pilates and got some strength and balance, then got a wobble board and some physio kit and rehabilitated myself. I read up on sites on what to do and learned esp about vastus medialus the muscle that stops your knee rotating out which is what my ligament doesnt do. I now weight train and even run. Its still a problem but I can control it and know my limits

One tip - you will benefit from icing your knee as inflammation causes problems and limit you. I use one of the knee gel things that has a compression pump got it off ebay £30 works a treat, its always in the freezer ready for use

Well, I've just done a 2 hour session, but not according to plan. My intention was a bit of wii followed my a bit of multi gym. I never made the gym, I had a nice sweat/pulse rate doing exercises/fat burners so I stuck to the wii.

That's my 5 sessions for the week done and I can notice a bit of difference, some of the exercises I struggled with are getting easier, and my overall energy level has increased, I'm not as lethargic (lazy really) as I was.

Just had a sweaty hour and half cardio session to go towards burning my weekends sins off.
Some of the running exercises on the wii are a bit hard due to my dodgy knee but I've got a cunning plan. They use strapped on motion sensors so if I use my air walker it should pick it up. I'm gonna try it tomorrow.

Had a session trying the air walker and it's so-so. It doesn't work on some exercises, obviously you need to be lifting the leg with the sensor on. It does work with the jogging though if you can put up wth the messages saying move your arms faster or you need to put on a sprint to pass the person in front.

Sounds like you are working out ways of exercising without causing any more damage to that wii, am sure you'll find more and more things you can do to help it

All the best
x

I keep looking for ways to adapt the ones I struggle a bit with, and to go easy on my knee, but I am finding they're getting easier, I must have been more unfit than Professor Unfit, head of Unfitness at Unfit University.

Well done to you for sticking with the exercise I try to do a bit of running every second day but somedays I talk myself out if it.. Really need to get focused or I'll never shift all this weight.
Keep up the good work :)

Just put in another hour and half. Started with a few different exercises which got the heart rate up and I managed to keep it up all the way through. It was the sweatiest workout yet, I was absolutely dripping and on a endorphin high.

Another morning session done, I'm on a roll here. I did feel it though, I might have to re-think this, 5 consectutive days then 2 off might not be the most effective way to go.

Tonght's exercise was a walk round Morrisons. Why do they have to reduce the price of freshly baked pies when I'm in there.

It's not been going well, I wasn't feeling well and relapsed into a junk eating fest. I'll see what the damage is at tomorrows weigh in.

Back on track with a 1 hour sweaty workout. Weigh in showed a 1lb loss but a few days junking wouldn't show so soon. Next weeks weigh will be the test, if I stay the same it will be a bonus.

I don't if there's something in the water but I had a bit of a binge eat on friday and saturday afternoons too

Good for you for being back on track and hope you have a good week :)

I don't know what happened last week, I woke up one day feeling really peed off and started back on the comfort foods. I might not have done too much damage if I can stay back on track.

Glad you're back on it - Was wierd how I fell off the wagon last week too, still I guess it'll happen sometimes hey
x

I was just feeling sorry for my sad lonely self and wanted a hot date, so i had one, with the pie counter in the supermarket

pies are quite nice aren't they lol

I had a yearning for a meat pie last week but luckily I wasn't anywhere near a pie counter at the time
x

Back