Exercise, Getting back on track

Another session on the Wii completed. It was easier going from the start but I was flagging towards the end.
I've been eating sensibly for nearly a week now so it could possibly be a bit of weight loss that's making it easier, I'm resisting the temptation to weigh untill Wednesday, one week into the feb challenge. I've also started taking cod liver oil capsules, my knees are giving me some gyp, especially my left, it's paying the price of carrying my dodgy right one and also the weight. It is actually feeling a bit better but I doubt it's the cod liver oil so soon, again probably some weight loss.

*Warning to my cat* If I haven't lost at least 4lbs on Weds you'd better hide.

I either slept funny or it's old age but I woke up with some aches and pains in my back and left leg. It didn't stop me though, I'm on a roll and have had a session on the multi gym.
A lot of sets of 10-20 reps of different exercises at a medium weight. No scientific workout, just switching from 1 exercise to another with little rest inbetween, that way it gets the heartbeat going and works up a sweat. Might go for a crawl round the supermarket tonight and test my resolve before tomorrows weigh in.

wow!! that sounds amazing, congrats :)

My back's been aching all day and got really bad in the supermarket. I started thinking I must have put weight on and that's the cause. I was going to get weighed tomorrow but decided to weigh tonight, and it is 7 days almost to the hour since I weighed for the start of the challenge on my Wii fit board.
Turned the Wii on went to body test, did as instructed then checked the result.....9LBS........Loss, I should be elated but I don't trust the Wii board so I'll check again tomorrow moning.

A crap nights sleep, my backs really giving me some stick and I've been up since 5.30am.
As the saying goes, No Pain, No Gain, or in my case, No Pain, No Loss, so I've had a session on the Wii and it was hard going but I got through it.

I then re-checked my weight with the Wii board, did it twice and same result both times -5lbs, I thought 9 was going it a bit so I'm happy with 5.

I gave yesterday a miss as my back and left knee were really painful. They felt a bit better this morning so I had a Wii session. Very frustrating, the exercises are getting easier but the EA server was a real pain updating data, hanging for ages then saying unable to connect, so no data has gone to the Minimins online group and a 1 hour workout took 2hrs 15 mins. Next time if it hangs once I'm just gonna carry on offline. If anybody from EA had walked in my room I'd have said "this is how to upload fast" and shoved the wii remote up their a**e.
On a positive note, my squatting has improved, which I suppose would be a good thing if I was taking Xenical.

Hey Fatman,

Just read up on all your progress on here. It's not easy, and congrats on all you've done so far! I am too am a worshipper at the temple of pies. I must admit, since I've been trying to lose weight, I've just stopped eating them altogether. After a while you forget how awesome they are, and stop craving them! Plus I remind myself how p*ssed off and down I feel when I cave in and eat them. It's just not worth it.

Also, regarding your knee troubles - how much exercise are you doing, per week? Maybe you're overdoing it? Have you thought about buying any deep heat or ice spray? It's saved my knee quite a few times.

Hmm its suspiciously quiet in here young man, you best be exercising ur butt off on the Wii
I haven't exercised since Friday's session, but I'll be back at it tomorrow. My back's ok now but I've had to give my knees a rest, one gave way Friday night and I was heading for a nasty fall but gabbed the door and saved myself, only trouble was I pulled the door shut on the tips of my fingers and that did hurt, I think they heard me swearing in Lancashire.

Hey Cherry Pie, you sound tasty.

I usually aim to exercise 5 times a week. One of my knees is damaged beyond repair. I think the strain of compensating for that combined with my recent weight gain is what's causing my other knee to give me some gyp.
Because I've avoided the temptation of pies for 3 consecutive shopping trips I'm going to up my exercise sessions to 2 a day from tomorrow.

Hey Cherry Pie, you sound tasty.

I usually aim to exercise 5 times a week. One of my knees is damaged beyond repair. I think the strain of compensating for that combined with my recent weight gain is what's causing my other knee to give me some gyp.
Because I've avoided the temptation of pies for 3 consecutive shopping trips I'm going to up my exercise sessions to 2 a day from tomorrow.

Ha Ha, thank you!

I dunno, 2 exercise sessions a day sounds like a lot of stress on your knee. You thought about doing some swimming or cycling? It's good to take the weight off sometimes. If I exercised twice a day, my hunger levels would go through the ROOF. I think I would have to demolish an entire Pieminister shop on a daily basis - staff included.

Swimming???? Every time I go near water Greenpeace appear and keep trying to save me.

Just done a morning session on the Wii, all cardio. The plan was, Cardio in the morning, Band exercises in the evening but I kept getting sensor battery warnings then they went. So it'll have to be another exercise disc tonight unless I get some batteries before then.

I should have bought some batteries for myself as well as the Wii sensors. My motivation went flat, however I've managed to have a decent cardio workout this morning but can I keep it going and get rid of this case of cantbearseditis I've become afflicted with.

An early morning session on the multi gym completed. Lots of high rep sets at a lowish weight to get the pulse rate going and a nice sweat. I ate sensibly yesterday too, I have found my motivation. I took some pictures to do a before/progress/after comparison and tbh I was gutted at how bad I look. If a look at them every time I want a pie doesn't stop binging or keep me motivated I'm doomed.

Back