Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

exercise surprise

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by clairegoodall, 1 June 2011 Social URL.

1. clairegoodall

clairegoodall Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(16.88%)
    Diet:
    CD
    On day 10 now (PV today - :D)
    Last night I went back to my Karate sessions after stopping for a week during attack. I did do the prescribed exercise but was worried that 2 hours of hard graft may be the end of me...
    I went yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. I had energy, and was able to work sufficiently hard in the session as normal.
    I am achey today, but to be fair, that is not unusual the day after a tough session!!
    Am I allowed to miss my 30 min walk on days that I do 2hours + of karate??!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. soshbfly

soshbfly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.8lb(10.05%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World since 25 April 16
    Well done Claire! Yes, exercise is exercise so you don't have to do exactly as prescribed. You'll find a lot of us do other things to get our obligated exercise in... and 2hrs of Karate seems quite a bit more strenuous than walking!!

I think the walking is just make it more palatable - not everyone likes targeted exercise.

Good luck!

4. bluenose1

bluenose1 Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.43%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I only walk on days I haven't done other exercise eg I count an hours zumba as my 30 minutes walk.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.