exercise thread .today i...........

sukie sue

this is My time to shine!
right ladies its time to get of my rear again :0)
on other forums weve had an exersize thread which really helped motivate us to just move :p

used to run allot but found so many excuses not to while doing lll. so this week i am minus 1 daughter so with all the freedom in the world i am getting in gear after work to do some running , i know i wont be able to put in as many miles whilst on such low cals but i can certainly go a while :D
so i thought id do this thread to record my daily exercise.
so anyone fancy joining me in logging our exercise ? i know ll discourages allot but every little bit helps !!!

so today i had a lovely 3.5 mile run allong our wagon road wich runs allong the sea , loved it !!!!! ahhhh feel like me again :eek:

Hey SS ill join :D I love the gym just not amazing at it atm lol use to be a comeptitive cheerleader (uk) not anymore haha!! but still like working out :)
Id love to be able to run any pointers ive never been able to :(
Lots of Love
xxxx

I don't like running, though probably should get into the habit of it! I am getting into shape by walking lots though, so someday I'll build the strength up to actually run! :D
I do notice though that if I don't keep active, and have a lounging around day, I go absolutely stir-crazy ... I NEED to go for walks!!

Well SS I am sooooo not a runner either, but have done loads and loads of walking today and as you said every little helps :) Hoping to join the gym when I am on RTM, just cannot really afford both right now.

Jez
xx

Can't be classed as proper excercise by any imagination but just did 40 minutes on the Wii fit before I got bored with it! Still better than sitting on my arse!

totally agree with you pete , whether running walking or using the wii fit , its exercise !!! well done evryone , t.d i couldnt run either , but once i lost the weight i was determined to do the great north run and raise money in honor of my daughter for bliss , so when i got a balloted place i had to put my money where my mouth was and get pounding :0) stated run/ walking , 1 min of each then 2 . 3 ect until i could run (well a steady plod )about half an hour , i did this on a treadmill to avoid embarrasment , but i figured at this point i should get out as it were , OMG thought i would die LOL road running is hard !!! compared to treamill its tough on the old bones :0) but kept at it and 5 months after taking my first steps i completed the great north in 2hrs33.28 and proptly burst into tears LOL , an emotional day !!! its been alove affair ever since x

i did this on a treadmill to avoid embarrasment , but i figured at this point i should get out as it were , OMG thought i would die LOL road running is hard !!! compared to treamill its tough on the old bones :0)

Well done for the perseverance! Very inspirational! :D And well done on completing the race. That must have felt amazing. :)

As for the treadmill to road running... Well same thing with the exercise bike to be honest... The exercise bike is p*ss easy compared to riding on the city roads! Must say, I do prefer riding on my bike in the open, it's more of a challenge, and the scenery actually changes!! :D Just doesn't feel natural to be moving forward, standing on one spot in the living room! :confused:

Wow SS, amazing, funny how the running gene seems to have skipped this side of the family, because my Mom's brother's side all run, marathons and double marathons, infact my uncle even completed the Washie 100 miler - now that to me is nuts, I could not contemplate running for 24 hours :) Still you have given me inspiration to try, so watch this space!!!

Jez
xx

Wow! Well impressed with a 3.5 mile run!!! I am over the moon if I can run for 5 minutes!!! :giggle:

I love my walking and swimming....and have been having some fun with some new workout DVDs, but am going at it lightly whilst in the early days of abstinance. I wish I could swim more often.....if I had a pool I would swim every day, all day. I just LOVE being in water.

Go for it SUki!! :)

Its great to hear what everyone is doing exercise wise. I try and swim a couple of times a week, use the wii fit three times per week and get out on the hills to walk at weekends when not commited to other things.

Was in the pool last night and did a 2000m set.

I would love to start running, but am not mentally prepared yet. I am planning to plan it into an RTM routine :). I have bad knees though so it will be slowly slowly and I need to do some research on how to start running as it has definitely not been my forte in the past. Goal wise - I want to run a 5k - all the way.

good day today !!!
lovely day today so speed walked the mile into work, after work i had the 3.5 mile run along the sea on the wagon road again then stomped home :0) LOVED IT :D
feeling like me again and happy happy happy :D:D:D
being brave and planned a 6 miler tomorrow along our cycle path , even if i have to stomp some of it ill still have done the distance, so roll on !!!

Been exercising prior to starting ll again play footy 2x a week 2 hours so running around, done mix
martial arts for a tad bit of time had to stop due to wrist injury, but will start again, and I do the cross trainer and treadmill

thanks min , im actually really exited this morning , roll on 5 pm, getting the old buzz back again , running is such great therapy for the soul :0)xx

yay !!!! i did it , came back exhausted and red faced but did the 6 miles , ran half speed walked half but really pleased anyway , legs were aching after yesterday :0) so , 2 days rest now and trying my 7.4 mile route again on sunday , doesnt matter that im run/walking at least im getting my distances in again .

Awesome SS, I cannot reach your illustrious heights :) Sadly apart from a lot of up and down the stairs, and loads of schlepping about in the hot kitchen, I have done SFA - but I reckon I still got my 10 000 steps in today - need to increase it really.

Jez
xx

well jez , uping and downing the stairs ect are what make the difference , dont knock it and the 10'000 steps is quite a distance so be proud , you havent sat on youre jacksie complaining youre overweight , youre doing l.l and moving , whatever shape that comes in is fantastic !!!

i have made the tough decision to lighten up on myself . i have a place on the great north run again this year and ive been stuggeling with staying on lll or going onto something of a more healthy eating regime so i can train properly for the 13 miles. ive gone back and forward in my mind , im so close to my new goal and in a month or so im there , but !! that would leave me only weeks to get the big distances in , so basically i have to put off my goal or either do the run not fit enough or defere my place until next year.
so , next year it is . not ideal as ive been looking so much forward to it , but if i run it under fitness level it really will take away the joy of the event , i did it last year in another half marathon at carlisle and it was right after loosing the baby so i wasnt as fit as i should have been but it was quite awefull , i had to run / walk the last few miles and everything hurt !!!! my lips were blue after and i felt ill for soemtim after, it really did knock both my confidence and love of the sport.
anyway sorry guys im aware that im going on but verbalising helps :0)

spoke to my gorgeous hubba last night and he agreed with my decision to defer to next year so i can reach this very important goal, as i said to him , if i give up on my goal right now for the run , i still wont be as fit as i want to be before the race and when will i get back to it ? this is important right now , physically and mentaly i need to do this , then i can run even faster when im lighter:p
anyway i feel much lighter after making this decision , i will continue with my running but i can just enjoy it for what it is rather than stressing if im pushing myself enough, might see if i can get a race in later in the year instead.
anyway sorry again for the loooong post
have a wonderfull day everyone , im going to enjoy my walk to work xxx

Back