experienced sw members advice

moominmama

I wanna be a princess :0)
:)hi i am new to this forum but not to weightloss. my journey began in 2005 weighing over twenty stones i joined scottish slimmers was losing well but due to work had to go it alone in sept 09. i have successfully lost over 8 stones got down to 11 stones at my lowest but over a year i maintained at between 11 6 and 11 12. last november i had over 6 lbs of excess skin removed my weight has crept up a bit but i decided that i was going to have a change and a big push to get to goal but needed to change the diet i was on so i have choosen slimming world. i am loving it so far no weigh in yet its just nice very little counting and loadsa food :D my question is will i really lose weight ?? any expereiences i msticking to the rules but loving being able to eat:p

any comments welcome

You most certainly will lose weight if you stick to the rules.
SW is fantastic. Good luck!

Wow well done with what you've achieved so far!!!

I'm positive you'll lose on SW. Just stick at it! It might not be as quickly as you'd like, but it will come off eventually! X

Sent from Laura's iPhone using MiniMins

If you follow the rules you will definitely lose weight. I remember my first week thinking "There is no way this can work!" but it did!

From a man's pov sw is great cause I can eat loads of food and still lose weight, I eat more food now than I did when I was bad. Yesterday was my 13 wi and I fell 0.5lb short of my 4.5 stone!

Congratulations on your losses to date.

Stick with it and follow the rules and you'll lose weight. I've lost 3.5 stone since the end of October.

My husband didn't think it was going to work with what I was eating for the first month.

Good luck

Well done on your fantastic loss so far moominmama :D I love SW, been doing it for just over a year now and can safely say that its the only 'diet' I have been on where I havent felt deprived and continually ravenous.

thanks everyone i have never been on a forum before the support feels really nice ishould have done this sooner lol. My kids love the food too but i think we all cant believe it we had 'chips' last night with egg and beans and i love mullerlight yougs. everyday i am sooo excited i can finally eat with the kids when i was counting checks i never had any left by t time so i would just watch them eat :-( i think sw is fanatastic but i am sooooo nervous about weigh in i will let u know how i get on!!!! i am off to have some egg 'fried' rice yum yum. one last question i have been sticking to red or green does easy easy really work as well ?? best wishes guys .....happy healthy eating!!!!!

hi there, yes it works - and so glad you are able to eat with your children - not eating in front of impressinable young ones can be so hard.

I do mainly Red days (although on a Green today!) and i prefer them - but give EE a go if you want to - just make sure you do the ENTIRE day as whichever plan you start in the morning!

When is your first weigh in? xxx

hi there, yes it works - and so glad you are able to eat with your children - not eating in front of impressinable young ones can be so hard.

I do mainly Red days (although on a Green today!) and i prefer them - but give EE a go if you want to - just make sure you do the ENTIRE day as whichever plan you start in the morning!

When is your first weigh in? xxx

i know i love the eating with the kids but also the cooking too as when i was larger i would cook loads and makes cakes loads and had to stop but we made pasta bake together and they loved it i even said they could have an icecream or a mullerlight youg and they wanted the youg !!! i am choking up at how sweet and interested they are in the plan they even fight over who does the online food diary!!! i think sw is going to help me give them a healthier message about food which is great. i have weigh in on sunday i am too nervous to even peak at the scales but i rrr think even sts or any loss i will be happy cos for the first time i have actually enjoyed my food just dont wanna gain but if i have i will still give it another week i think my body will need adjusting. sw is better than ww or scottish slimmers !!! fingers crossed for sun lol:D

Hi! I wouldn't say i am an experienced sw members as i've only been following the plan for about 4-5 weeks, but I just wanted to say what a fantastic weight loss moominmama!! And yes I do believe SW works if you follow the plan. It's worked for me so far and I think it will continue to work. I follow the EE plan.

All the best and good luck x x

From a man's pov sw is great cause I can eat loads of food and still lose weight, I eat more food now than I did when I was bad. Yesterday was my 13 wi and I fell 0.5lb short of my 4.5 stone!
thats amazing!!! i do think i have a male appetite defo i love avin the cooked breakfasts :cool:

Hi! I wouldn't say i am an experienced sw members as i've only been following the plan for about 4-5 weeks, but I just wanted to say what a fantastic weight loss moominmama!! And yes I do believe SW works if you follow the plan. It's worked for me so far and I think it will continue to work. I follow the EE plan.

All the best and good luck x x
thanks ratty mum i love that name.....i just cant believe i am going to lose eating like this but i am sticking to the rules 100% havin ten sins so i can go costa tomorrow :D i know i have lost alot and happy with how i look and being a size 14 but the bmi chart still says very overweight so needed a change cos i couldnt eat any less than the 45 checks fingers crost for sun ......and good luck to you:D xx

first weigh in disappointed

:(please could someone give me advice i have included a few week days and weekend diaries i had a total of 95 sins all week 4 green days two red and on ee. istatred last sun weighed at night in at 12 5.......this am after what i would say was a week of no cheating i am 12 3 and a half i think i would weigh this anyway as i amalways lighter in the am. My questions are:
is it because i have already lost over 8 stones counting cals?
i have my period will this make a difference?
am i eating too much??
is it because i saved my sins till the weekend so i am weighing myself after two days of high sins?
please help i dont want to have to change back to counting cals again? thanks everyone in advance feeling sorry for mesell:confused::(
MONDAY
Free Foods
apples
pineapple
bananas
raspberries
blueberries
rice
mushrooms
Sausages, 4 pack, frozen
pears
Savoury Rice, Beef, dried
pears
very low fat natural yogurt

Healthy Extras
a 250ml semi-skimmed milk
b 1 Kellogg's Fibre Plus Milk Chocolate Cereal Bar, 28g bar
b 6 brazil nuts, shelled & whole

Syns
Bisto, Gravy Granules, Chicken, dried 1 Syn
Veg Pot, Moroccan Roasted Vegetable Tagine with Couscous, chilled 6½ Syns
Mullerlight Inspired By Yogurt, New York Style Cheesecake 1 Syn

Total:8½ Syns

wednesday

apples

potatoes
baked beans in tomato sauce
Quorn pieces
bananas
eggs
eggs

Healthy Extras
b 2 Alpen Light Cereal Bars, 21g bar, all varieties
b 20 cashew nuts, shelled & whole

Syns
Flake, Dipped 10½ Syns
Sugar, brown 1 Syn
Sugar, brown 1 Syn

Total:12½ Syns
FRIDAY
apples
eggs
potatoes
bananas
Quorn pieces
broccoli
broccoli
carrots

Healthy Extras

Syns
Barratt, Flumps, Fluffy Mallow Twists 1½ Syn
Sugar, brown 1 Syn
Christmas, Magical Elves 3½ Syns
Sugar, brown 1 Syn
Green & Black's, Chocolate Squares 1 Syn
Tate & Lyle, Sugar Sachets 1 Syn

SATURDAY
Free Foods
apples
ham
bacon
lettuce
bananas
Stewed Steak with Gravy, canned
carrots
strawberries
eggs

Healthy Extras
b 1 slice Roberts Bakery Wholemeal bread (800g sliced loaf)
b 1 slice Roberts Bakery Wholemeal bread (800g sliced loaf)

Syns
Alpen, Light Apple & Sultana Cereal Bars 3 Syns
Non-branded, Eggs, fried in fat ½ Syn
Butter, full fat 3½ Syns
Non-branded, Eggs, fried in fat ½ Syn
Cadbury, Christmas, Magical Elves 3½ Syns
Sainsbury's, Coleslaw 4 Syns
Cadbury, Christmas, Magical Elves 3½ Syns
Sugar, brown 1 Syn
Finest, Dark Mint Chocolate Bar, 100g bar 6½ Syns
Sugar, brown 1 Syn

Total:27 Syns

SUNDAY
Free Foods
apples
eggs
lentils, all varieties
bananas
Quorn pieces
dried pasta, all types including low carb

Healthy Extras
a 175ml whole milk

Syns
Buttons 8½ Syns
Kraft, Mikado, Dark/Milk/White Chocolate ½ Syn
hp 1 Syn

Total:23 Syns

Without reading all your food it looks okay at first glance, I take it the sausages are quorn on a green day?

I don't like to have all my syns on a weekend but it works for some.

Yes, your period can affect you weight loss, but normally the week before if you have water retention.

You can only eat too much on SW if you are eating until you are stuffed, not satisfied.

It's hard to tell meals with the online diary as it only lists foods but it does look okay to me.

One last thing - if you weighed on a Sunday night last week, why didn't you do the same this week?

It will work for you, pick a day and time to weigh and stick to it. Good luck and don't give up.

thanks. i joined online on the sunday night so it was monday when i started the plan and mon when i was due to input my weight. the saus were quorn i have been having lots of cooked breakfasts 3 quorn saus beans mushrooms and have made lentil loaffrom sw recipies sorry the diet isnt more detailed its how it was saved on the online. i defo havent been hungary maybe i have been eating past when i was full. on the old plan i would prob skip evening meal but i am trying to get back to three meals a day. i hope next week will be better my period is just about to start and i know that can be 2lbs. i am off ill with layrngitis and tonsilitis so i am defo due some good luck lol. i will try writin meals this week then if i need more help the detail will be better. many thanks tho:wave_cry:

You've done so well so far. Your body will need time to adjust especially if you weren't eating an evening meal before but the scales will catch up. Also my period being due or the first day of it can effect me by up to 3 pounds. Please don't be disheartened.

Back