Extra Easy Food Diary

Hey :) Yes I have the Onken fat free natural yogurt, or else the Onken fat free vanilla yogurt which I believe is syn free too!?

Just about to try the syn free "crisps" that I saw on here!

Looking forward to them!

Well, just made the syn free crisps and all I can say is wow. Where have they been all my life! So nice and taste just like normal crisps :p have been reading here some arguments for and against these crisps, some people saying they should be synned as you could end up eating loads of them, etc, but I say anything in moderation! I used one medium potato and got a whole big bowl of crisps. Think I will be having these at the weekends as a little treat. Have had a good day today, here's what I've had!

Breakfast: 4 pieces lean bacon, small tin of baked beans and a fried egg.

Tea break: Banana and coffee

Lunch: Basically what I've had yesterday and the day before, but this time in a sandwich !! Used a laughing cow extra light triangle (part hexa) instead of butter, and had 2 slices of wholemeal bread (hexb). Then I had a bowl of melon and strawberries.

Snack: Melon and then some SW "crisps"

Dinner: Will be a chicken breast sliced down the middle before cooking, stuffed with 2 triangles of Laughing cow extra light (another part hexa - not sure how many of these I'm allowed, 5 ?? ) and wrapped in 2 pieces lean bacon. Will be having this with some rice and peas, sweetcorn and carrots.

Dessert (!): Well not dessert really but I'm managing to convince myself that this is dessert ... apple and banana, covered with Onken fat free vanilla sprinkled with cinnamon.

Snack: Before bed it'll be a pink n white wafer (2.5 syns) and a cup of tea.

Total syns for today: 2.5

Another busy day today! Just back from a big walk with the dogs, legs are sore!

Breakfast: 2 x Weetabix (heb) with milk from allowance, followed by some melon.

Tea Break: Banana

Lunch: Low Fat Supernoodles (sweet chilli), melon and strawberries, and a vanilla & choc Mullerlight.

Dinner: Omelette with peppers, onion, ham, mushroom and tomato, with a salad of lettuce, red onion and carrot, and some mashed potatoes!

Snack: Will be having my Curly Wurly soon :) and a nice cup of tea.

Total Syns for today: 6 syns :)

Called out to my mum's this evening, she does Slimming World as well - we joined on the same day and she has THIRTY ONE lbs off already!!! So jealous :p Well she was shopping today and she managed to get me some Uncle Ben's Rice time sweet n sour, so will be having one of these for lunch tomorrow, yay :)

FRIIIIIDAAAYYY :D

Breakfast: 2 x Weetabix (heb) with milk from allowance.

Tea Break: Mullerlight vanilla + choc sprinkles

Lunch: Uncle Ben's Rice Time sweet n sour (syn free), and a bowl of melon and strawberries.

Snack: 2 x oranges

Dinner: is marinating in the fridge at the minute! Sticky Chicken (2 syns), yum yum yum, haven't made this in a good while so looking forward to it! Will be following this up with a nice big bowl of melon, apples and strawberries.

After dinner I'm going to try out a recipe I saw here for chocolate cake, it sounds lovely and I am really craving chocolate today! It's working out around 12 syns for the cake so here's hoping I do it right :) will be having a little bit of that to try, so I'm allowing 4/5 syns for it ... hopefully I'll resist the temptation to eat the whole thing

Snack: will be a curly wurly with a cup of tea before bed :) 6 syns

Total syns: 14 approx !!

Having a nice lazy Saturday!! Woke up this morning at 9, had breakfast and fed the dogs, OH went in to work for a while and I went back to bed til 1! Just after having my lunch, going shopping soon to stock up on fruit, etc :)

Breakfast: was 1/4 of a melon, followed by 2 x Weetabix (heb) with milk from allowance.

Lunch: Uncle Ben's Rice time Sweet n sour (syn free) with some potato wedges, followed by more melon and strawberries, with sweetner :)

Snack: When I come home from shopping, I'll have a slice of my squidgy choc cake (which is really nice !!) - I'm counting this as 3 syns and a cup of coffee.

Dinner: Not sure what dinner will be, depends on what I pick up when I'm shopping!

Will update later :)

Well last night turned into a bit of a disaster! Got invited to a neighbour's house for a bit of a party and brought a bottle of my First Cape wine (drank just over half of it) 7 syns?? and managed to resist the food there, but when I got home I was craving crisps so I made some SW crisps with one potato and then had a purple snack !!! (5.5)

Dinner was lean bacon, beans and a fried egg.

So my total syns for yesterday were approx 15 ...

So much for having a light day !!

Oh well, back on track today, just having some weetabix now for breakfast, and will have a nice light day today and tomorrow, wi on Monday ,aaaahhh

So here's what today went like:

Breakfast: 2 x Weetabix (heb) with milk from allowance.

Lunch: Chicken fried in cajun spices with some wedges and frozen veg (carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and peas)

Snack: Alpen Light (3 syns)

Dinner: Omlette with ham, mushroom and tomatoes.

Dessert: is going to be a strawberry Mullerlight with some fresh strawberries.

Snack: Gonna have a purple snack (5.5) later with a cup of tea before bed.

Total Syns: 8.5

Not feeling too confident about wi tomorrow, have had a bit of a funny weekend and not sure that I was getting my 1/3 superfree with all my meals, I won't be surprised with no loss (or even a gain) .. fingers crossed for me!!!

Weigh In Day Has Arrived !!

I would love a loss this week, even 1lb would be good!

Here's what I've had so far:

Breakfast: Omlette with ham, mushroom and tomato, and a small tin of baked beans. 1/4 of a melon.

Tea Break: Banana and coffee with milk from allowance

Lunch: Ham sandwich made with 2 slices wholemeal bread (heb) and 2 Extra Light Laughing Cow triangles (part hea). Cup of coffee. I then had a fruit salad of strawberries, melon and pineapple; and a Mullerlight.

Snack: An apple

Waiting for WI now so will have dinner after it!! Will be having my "usual" SW chinese takeaway (2 syns), if I have lost weight this week I'll have a glass of wine this evening (6 syns) and a Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Total Syns: 14

Will be back later with update after wi!

Aaaaaaghhhhh!!!!

Ok ... bad news !! Have weight on this week !!!

Good news is that it's only half a pound.

Have decided to set myself some challenges this week:

Walk the dogs every day after work, and go for another walk in the evening when OH is home.
Do 20 mins of my Fitness channel on Sky every day.
Drink at least 1.5 litres of water a day.
Make sure I have at LEAST 1/3 superfree with all meals.

Here's hoping for a good week (and weekend - nothing on this weekend so should be ok!!)

Off to get lunch ready for tomorrow, don't know what it will be as I'm on playground duty and will only have 10-15 mins to eat :(

Hiii Teddysgoldengirl!

I really like your diary! How do you make syn free cake? :D lol! It sounds so good!

I'm with you on the challenges you've set yourself! Im going to try and do Zumba on the Wii every day and also eat 1/3 superfree with all meals!

I wish there was places near me that did approved slimming world menus! :(
I may actually pick up on your curly wurlys because every now and then I need a chocolate bar and curly wurly doesnt have as many syns! I always end up going for like a twirl or something and its like 11.5 syns! lol :eek:

p.s. cute dogs you have there! I have two crazy cats! :D

Hi Emily! Thanks for your post :) The syn free cake is yum, if you go to the recipe section on here and search for "syn free roulade" you'll get the recipe for it. I love my curly wurlys, they are my chocolate fix, also love purple snacks (5.5 syns if you buy them in a multipack). Good luck with your challenges for this week! Hope you've had a good day! Here's how mine went:

Breakfast: 2 x Weetabix (heb) with milk from allowance ~ didn't have time to eat any fruit to get my superfree in here! Running late for work !

Tea Break: Banana and coffee

Lunch: Had made a tuna pasta salad but left it in the fridge at home, so had melon, strawberries and pineapple for lunch, followed by a Mullerlight vanilla.

Snack: Was on the go after work today and did a lot of driving about so just grabbed an apple and an orange and had those in the car.

Dinner: Syn free spaghetti bolognese, followed by some more melon (I'm going to turn into one)

Didn't have any syns today, will see how I go during the week, think I might have went a bit overboard with them last week so I'll try my best not to "spend" too many! Just chopped up my melon and strawberries for tomorrow, will be having syn free supernoodles for lunch I think cos I'm too lazy to make anything!

Night night!

Really busy day today, just in the door from work, feeling rotten (*week) and dying with cramps! Have no meat in to make something nice for dinner, will have a night off from cooking and I'm just gonna have my Uncle Ben's Rice Time sweet n sour with some SW chips, and will have lots of fruit after this.

Breakfast: Was 2 weetabix (heb) with milk from allowance, and a pear

Tea Break: Banana and coffee

Lunch: Low Fat Supernoodles (syn free), melon and strawberries, and a Mullerlight.

Snack: Just about to have an apple.

Dinner: Will be having my easy night, Uncle Ben and chips, just couldn't be bothered cooking tonight! Feel so rotten!

Snack: I don't think I can resist a Curly Wurly tonight!!!

Total syns: 6

SW Crisps?

Please share ....crisps are my utter downfall

Saw something about the sw crisps here, some people say they should be synned as you can end up eating lots of them!! I only did 1 potatoes worth of them and it makes loads. Basically what you do is peel the potato (or leave skin on), and slice it really thin (wafer thin - I use the potato peeler to do this) spray a plate with frylight and place crisps on top, spray frylight on crisps and season, pop in microwave for 4-6 mins, can take longer depending on quantity etc! They go really crispy!! Yum :)

Saw something about the sw crisps here, some people say they should be synned as you can end up eating lots of them!! I only did 1 potatoes worth of them and it makes loads. Basically what you do is peel the potato (or leave skin on), and slice it really thin (wafer thin - I use the potato peeler to do this) spray a plate with frylight and place crisps on top, spray frylight on crisps and season, pop in microwave for 4-6 mins, can take longer depending on quantity etc! They go really crispy!! Yum :)

This sound AMAZING now to find a lovely syn free dip :)

Thanks for this

Hey hun,

Goodluck with challanges this week just back on and thought see how you are getting on!!

Im determined to be good this week!! Too many holidays is my problem, sister has set date for her engagement party 19th November and i want to be a stone lighter and will do it :) also first time the boyfriend will meet all my family so wanna look my best!!

Goodluck this week!!

Ohhh and i loveeeeeeeeeeee slimming world crisps there amazing!!!

Theyre yummy if you use sweet potato and sprinkle with paprika :D, i make my own free salsa using peeled and chopped fresh tomatoes, red onion, cucumber and fresh coriander

Charlotte-May said:
Theyre yummy if you use sweet potato and sprinkle with paprika :D, i make my own free salsa using peeled and chopped fresh tomatoes, red onion, cucumber and fresh coriander

Sounds delicious!! Must try them with sweet potato next time. Today was a bit of a disaster for me, not feeling great and didn't eat great either!

Breakfast was half a piece of wholemeal toast with Nutella - was feeling really sick so didn't set much of it, counting this as 5 syns.

Tea break - buns at work today and I couldn't resist today. Had a huge choc one with choc icing. It was delicious. Probably about 20 syns :(

Lunch was hardly anything - still feeling sick. Had an egg sandwich on 2 slices wholemeal bread (heb) but ate just over half of it. Then I had some melon.

When I got home from work I was sick :( lying on the couch now with hot water bottle & duvet. OH is off to pick up a Chinese takeaway now, I've ordered Singapore fried rice noodles from the sw menu - 1.5 syns.

So today hasn't been good !! Hoping for a better day tomorrow :)

Hope you feel better soon! :) we all have bad eating days, I had one yesterday and the day before whoops! :eek:

Enjoy your chinese! At least it doesnt have too many syns in it! :)

Back