Extra Easy: Sparkles food diary - a fresh start

Fantastic loss well done. Slimmer of the week is a fab feeling! :) xx

Week 3, day 1:

Lost 2.5lbs last night, 6.5 in total so far!

Breakfast:
Large fruit salad, 350ml skimmed milk in cuppas all day

Lunch:
Spicy chicken pasta (1.5 Syns), mullerlight, mango

Tea:

I had a very busy on plan/off plan week last week! Had my daughters birthday to contend with at the weekend too, so gained 1/2lb last night! Back on track from today, went straight home after meeting and bunged a lovely free soup in the slow cooker!

Today's plan so far:

Week 4, day 1:
Gained 0.5lbs last night, 6.0 in total now

Breakfast:
Mushroom omelette, 350ml skimmed milk in cuppas all day (HEA)

Snacks: Apple, orange, satsuma

Lunch: Slow cooker lentil, ham and tomato soup with 2 slices wm toast (HEB), New York cheesecake mullerlight (1.0 Syns)

Tea:
Chicken breast, spring greens, broccoli, new potatoes and carrots with gravy (4 Syns)

Daily Syns total: 5.0 Syns
Weekly Syns total: 5.0 Syns

Last edited:
Hi suzie you are doing really well, do you make your own spicy chicken pasta and if so how? I feel like im bloating to explode with pasta, i know just because you can eat it doesnt mean to say you have to, its good to get ideas off other peoples diaries and the fact you have alcohol and still have good losses. is the becks blue alcoholic or not. Keep up the good work and keep posting your diaries please :)

Week 4, day 2:

Breakfast:
2 slices wm toast (HEB) with 1tbsp lurpak lighter (4 Syns), 350ml skimmed milk in cuppas all day (HEA)

Snack:
Apple

Lunch:
Gammon steak with broccoli, spring greens, carrots, new potatoes and gravy (4 Syns)

Snack:
Orange & grapes

Tea:
Chicken and vegetable stir fry

Daily Syns total: 8.0 Syns
Weekly Syns total: 13.0 Syns

Hi suzie you are doing really well, do you make your own spicy chicken pasta and if so how? I feel like im bloating to explode with pasta, i know just because you can eat it doesnt mean to say you have to, its good to get ideas off other peoples diaries and the fact you have alcohol and still have good losses. is the becks blue alcoholic or not. Keep up the good work and keep posting your diaries please :)

Hi! Thanks for reading!

Firstly yes I make the spicy chicken pasta!
Fry off onion, fresh garlic, chopped carrots, chopped peppers, chopped courgette and mushrooms till soft, then put to one side, then fry off diced chicken, add veg back in, add 1 tin of chopped tomatoes and one small carton of passata and two chicken stock cubes then cook til bubbling gently then simmer for about ten mins! While that is doing cook and drain pasta of your choice, I use those twisty tubes as they get sauce around and inside them lol!

Once both are done, add pasta to the chicken sauce (not the other way round, it tastes better somehow, weird huh!) Finally, return to the heat gently and add your spice, I use Nandos extra, extra hot sauce hence the Syns, it depends on how spicy you like it and how many portions it is as to how many Syns! It's 0.5 per level tablespoon (I have proper measuring spoons!)

I love it and made a huge batch last time and froze off portions so I can just grab and go.

As for the Becks Blue, it's non alcoholic but as close to the taste as you can get, was introduced to it a decade ago when pregnant as hated kaliber! Means you can have more for less Syns plus no hangover!

Ah thanks for that, the pasta sounds lush, do you think it works better if you use syns daily or is it ok to use them at the weekend as i lose through the week then put it back on at the weekend, i dont really have time to exercise getting in frm work at 5.30 then having tea, cant remember from your diary do you exercise? I have a huge treadmill in my bedroom in front of a tv so have no excuse really:)

Ah thanks for that, the pasta sounds lush, do you think it works better if you use syns daily or is it ok to use them at the weekend as i lose through the week then put it back on at the weekend, i dont really have time to exercise getting in frm work at 5.30 then having tea, cant remember from your diary do you exercise? I have a huge treadmill in my bedroom in front of a tv so have no excuse really:)

I find my losses are better if I spread them throughout the week, but I do save for special occasions! I weigh in on a Monday so a Syn heavy weekend can impact on the scales!
I am currently injured so not out running but usually I run 3-4 times a week, I'm still walking and cycling though.

Week 4, day 4:

Breakfast:
2 slices wm toast (HEB) with 1tbsp lurpak lighter (4 Syns), 350ml skimmed milk in cuppas all day (HEA)

Snack:
Apple & grapes

Lunch:
Chilli (made with carrots and courgettes), and spaghetti

Snack:
Melon, pineapple & mango fingers, satsuma

Tea:
Mushroom omelette

Daily Syns total: 4.0 Syns

Last edited:
Week 4, day 5:

Breakfast:
Mushroom omelette, 350ml skimmed milk in cuppas all day (HEA)

Snack:
Grapes

Lunch:
Lentil, ham & tomato soup with 2 slices wm toast (HEB)

Snack:
Melon

Tea:
Beef casserole

Having an ok weekend, had a rough start as me and my daughters had our flu jabs at lunchtime yesterday and a couple of minutes later one of my daughters fainted in the doctors surgery, luckily I noticed her going and caught her before she hit the ground but she was out for about a minute and it was pretty scary for me and her sister.

But then came home, settled them both on the sofa for the rest of the day, and I got on with some batch cooking, made a huge pot of beef stew which we had for tea plus tow portions from the freezer, and a big pot of potato and leek soup.
Today I'm making spicy carrot and lentil soup, gammon broth and a butternut squash soup that I plan on taking to food tasting at group tomorrow!

Having an ok weekend, had a rough start as me and my daughters had our flu jabs at lunchtime yesterday and a couple of minutes later one of my daughters fainted in the doctors surgery, luckily I noticed her going and caught her before she hit the ground but she was out for about a minute and it was pretty scary for me and her sister.

But then came home, settled them both on the sofa for the rest of the day, and I got on with some batch cooking, made a huge pot of beef stew which we had for tea plus tow portions from the freezer, and a big pot of potato and leek soup.
Today I'm making spicy carrot and lentil soup, gammon broth and a butternut squash soup that I plan on taking to food tasting at group tomorrow!

Ahhh hope she is ok now! Please let me know how the carrot and lentil soup turns out as I may try that one out :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ahhh hope she is ok now! Please let me know how the carrot and lentil soup turns out as I may try that one out :) x Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Hun, she's much better today x

The soup is the recipe from the autumn flavours mini book but I add chilli and curry powder, feels so warming on a cold winters day!

Thanks Hun, she's much better today x

The soup is the recipe from the autumn flavours mini book but I add chilli and curry powder, feels so warming on a cold winters day!

Thats good :) thanks I shall check it out! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I made so much food over the weekend! All syn free!

Not even in there is a spicy butternut squash, carrot & swede soup to take to food tasting at class tonight (hope I get to bring some home lol) and a big pan of gammon broth which I always leave covered in the pan for 24 hours before I portion off too!

No excuses this week, got class tonight and hoping for my half stone award!

Attachments

• image-1091430152.jpg
    image-1091430152.jpg
    568.9 KB · Views: 54
Back