Family meal at a Brewers Fayre tomorrow - advice please

straykat

Hey all

I've got to go to a family get together tomorrow lunch time and it will be my first eat out
I have had a look at the menu online and the only thing that looks mildly suitable is the Chargrilled Chicken & Bacon salad
Grilled Chicken & Bacon Salad
Hot slices of freshly grilled chicken breast and bacon rashers on a generous bed of mixed salad leaves, cucumber, red pepper, tomato and red onion with a drizzle of French dressing.

it is 468 cals and 15g of carb and 57g of protein - does say tomato in it but i could ask for them to be taken out

do you think it would be ok?

i was going to have a shake for breakfast, my lunch out as my daily protein & veg allowence and then have a meal packet at dinner with prob a small amount of veg to bulk it a little

also any ideas of drinks? is it just sparkling mineral water at most pubs that is suitable!!

thanks for any advice
kat x

straykat said:
Hey all

I've got to go to a family get together tomorrow lunch time and it will be my first eat out
I have had a look at the menu online and the only thing that looks mildly suitable is the Chargrilled Chicken & Bacon salad
Grilled Chicken & Bacon Salad
Hot slices of freshly grilled chicken breast and bacon rashers on a generous bed of mixed salad leaves, cucumber, red pepper, tomato and red onion with a drizzle of French dressing.

it is 468 cals and 15g of carb and 57g of protein - does say tomato in it but i could ask for them to be taken out

do you think it would be ok?

i was going to have a shake for breakfast, my lunch out as my daily protein & veg allowence and then have a meal packet at dinner with prob a small amount of veg to bulk it a little

also any ideas of drinks? is it just sparkling mineral water at most pubs that is suitable!!

thanks for any advice
kat x

Sounds ok, but ask for the dressing on the side too. Don't forget you will have another pack left after that aswell tho even with your protein meal :) enjoy x

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

thanks, yeh thought i would see how i get on and if i need it have a bar in reserve and if i didn't have the 3rd pack or the bar then it would balance out the meal being nearly 500 cals and instead of the 3rd pack just have veg with my meal pack at dinner if that makes sense because i would rather bulk my dinner out in the evening than have the bar or 3rd pack

straykat said:
thanks, yeh thought i would see how i get on and if i need it have a bar in reserve and if i didn't have the 3rd pack or the bar then it would balance out the meal being nearly 500 cals and instead of the 3rd pack just have veg with my meal pack at dinner if that makes sense because i would rather bulk my dinner out in the evening than have the bar or 3rd pack

You need to make sure you have all your packs tho-if you want to bulk your dinner out, why not put two packs together?? Just a thought-and don't forget your multi vit if you're having protein instead of one pack too :) x

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

yeh i have been taking a multi vit every night for a while now because i was using xenical tablets off the doctor for a year and you have to take them with those, but after losing 3 stone in total I have stuck for 6 months, i think the tablets stopped working on me because my diet was so low in fat there was no fat to block anymore!

doing 2 of the meal packs together is a good thought, i may do that then..shake for breakfast, protein and salad at lunch and 2 packs in the eve for dinner
good idea thanks

it is only when you have to try and find suitable things on a menu you actually realise how shocking for lack of healthy options some places are! even in the side dishes they don't offer a veg bowl or side salad, fried mushrooms was the only veg choice!!!!

Back