Fast Eater

SWLizzy

Hi Guys

I'm currently on my third week and really enjoying the plan.

However I have recently realised how quickly I eat! (I always finish my meals before Hubby) I think this has alot to do with my weight problem, as I am eating more than I need because my head hasn't got time to register that I'm full.

I'm really making an effort to slow down but I keep forgetting and wolfing down my grub.

Does anyone else find that they are a speedy eater?

I do exactly the same, sometimes I even swallow my food half chewed cause I'm greedy! Someone once told me to put your knife n fork down btwn each mouthful of food cause it slows you down. I did try it and it really does work ! However, the down side is that by the time you get half way through your dinner it's cold and I like my food hot ...

I'm exactly the same! I always have more food on my plate than the hubby as he doesn't eat veg. Despite having more food I still finish before him

I've heard that your supposed to chew every mouthful 20 times before you swallow however after a while I seem to forget and carry on eating full steam ahead!

another fast eater here! not sure why but have always eaten quickly since a child. I don't like cold food so that maybe the reason!

I eat fast too and tried to chew each mouthful 20 times and putting knife & fork down between each mouthful. first of all because I was concentrating on number of chews I did not realise what I was eating and secondly my dinner got cold so I gave up. As long as I am not overeating it does not matter on speed I eat.

Me to, but i also notice that its when im not paying attention that I become faster, If im watching tv, i tend to eat with out noticing whats on the plate and before i know it, its gone and i didnt even enjoy it :(

I do this too. Often I don't even realise I'm doing it, but if I do I try to finish what is in my mouth before putting something else on my fork because I basically just shovel one thing in straight after the other sometimes!

Yeah I hate watching films and stuff while Im eating as I really love my food (! ;) ) and I have to either shovel the food in without noticing the taste cos Im trying to watch the film, or I miss the first half of the film cos Im so busy concentrating on my food (almost inevitably the latter). The b/f doesnt understand this :confused: I think some people just have a much greater sensitivity to the taste of food. The OH just doesnt really noptice what you feed him its all "yeah, its alright", he doesnt often love or detest anything, its all pretty much the same. Whereas I really love the different flavours and stuff and hate being sistracted from what Im eating.

Therein lies then problem... :rolleyes: Im a fat ass and he's a rake... :sigh:

Back