Fat at 43 - thin at 44???

hi all, just a quick update to help get me focussed. Normal life starts again tomorrow with Jamie going back to school and hubby to work (I don't go back till next week yet xx) Weigh in on Wednesday to face the music. Not too worried about it - I know I've put on even though I was fairly good over Christmas itself it all went to pot this weekend as we spent a few days down at my Brothers family. They were lovely hosts - supplying endless amounts of gorgeous meals - roast dinners, homemade pies, cheesecakes, and then a lovely 'end of holiday' meal last night of various cheeses, home baked bread, nuts, nibbles and wine!!! oh well we only see each other every three months or so so at least I've time to repair the damage before the next trip xxxx

Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long to get back into the swing of healthy living again as it's only 5 and a half months till Rome.

x

yippee, first weigh in of the New Year and I've stayed the same - I am so chuffed that I haven't put on. So now the New Year really starts xx

hi all, day 10 of the new year and it's another new start for me today - at ZUMBA!!!! yep I'm off to my first ever class this evening, and to say I'm a bit nervous is an understatement. I don't do exercise, I don't do coordination and I have no musicality - I do however have more than my fair share of jiggley equipment which I've heard is no deterrent when it comes to Zumba. Hopefully I'll survive to fight another day. Wish me luck xxxx

Lost another pound tonight which means I've now officially got 100 lbs to lose - wow that sounds immense :eek::eek::eek:

but I will do it!!!!

As for Zumba on Monday - it was fantastic. I absolutely hate exercise but I am so determined to change me lifestyle so I promised my friend I would go with her. I can't believe how much fun it was - the hour went by so fast and I can't wait to go again next week. Bring it on :D:D:D

x

By the way is anyone else having trouble updating their tickers? First of all my stickers went all wonky and now I can't update my ticker - any ideas?

hello

having an impromptu day off work today as Jamie is off school sick.:yuk:

So think I am going to make up a batch of veg soup to keep the nibbling at bay. Tea time tonight is sausage egg and chips - can't wait. :D I still get a buzz thinking that we can have this on this eating plan. We hardly ever have chips in our house anyway as all of us are big rice and pasta eater rather than chips anyway but it still feels a massive treat to have a fryup on a Friday. Guilt free food - love it.:D:D

Anyway I'm rambling and don't really have any news to tell so that;s al folks for now.

Good luck everyone over the weekend.:)

x

had a fantastic weekend eating syn free Thai food - steamed fish with thai spices, Thai stir fried chicken with chilli and basil, steamed rice and cucumber and pepper salad. Thai food is my absolute favourite food and my lovely lovely husband who was doing the cooking went through the recipes and took out all the oil and just used spray oil instead and it was all really really lush. I am a lucky lucky girl.

Went to my 2nd Zumba exercise class tonight and loved it but boy am I expecting to ache in the morning. Still can't get over the fact I am writing love and exercise in the same sentence. xx

ooooh darn it - Half on this week!!!! Doh.

I've checked back at what I've eaten since New Year ( I keep a handwritten diary) and it seems ok, I'm averaging around 10 syns a day and not going overboard on any one thing in particular, but then I noticed that I've knocked back the amount of veg I've been having big time. I've probably had no where near a 1/3rd of a plate of veg/salad per meal. So this weeks plan is to watch that in particular and get back to what I was doing before Christmas. I'm going to start putting the veg on my plate first and working around that and hopefully will kick start this year properly. All is not lost.
xx

fingers crossed for a good week everyone. x

Hello, :D:D

wow it's so cold again and up here it's really foggy too, can't see to the end of the garden even. Anyway been ok so far since weigh in - I think. I've up'd my veg and being using my full allowance of syns but hopefully will be ok for weighday Wednesday. Got Zumba again on Monday really looking forward to that. I wish I could go more than once a week but tha't just too much money. Anyway have seen that there is a zumba dvd coming out in March for the Wii so may just have to treat myself to that.

Tonight for tea we've had levi roots reggae regaee chicken curry with root veg and rice which works out at 7 1/2 syns a portion but was well worth it. It was the perfect hot spicy but sweet food to cheer up a miserable weather day like today. But I am definately on a mission to make my own syn free version afterall 7 1/2 syns is a decent portion of chocolate......:D

I need to set myself some mini missions I feel so here goes:

need to get in my blue jeans - by valentines
need to fit in my vintage inspired 'posh frock' by end Feb
need to fit in my green patterned next top by Easter
need to fit in my cut off denim jeans from next by Easter so that I can wear them with my green top!!
These are good goals for me because they are the last items in my wardrobe that I have that I have either not worn for at least four years or in the case of my top and cropped jeans have never fitted in.
Once I get into these clothes I'm going to have to do some serious clothes shopping or I'll end up arrested for nudity...

Bring it on xx:)

tried my blue jeans on today and wowzer I can get in them.:D:D I wouldn't wear them for work as they are a tad to tight around my tum but!!! I can get in them and with a loose top over could get away with it but another half stone and I reckon they'll be fab so maybe my valentine target for them to fit well isn't so off after all. This is a biggy for me as although they are a size 20 so not exactly small - I couldn't get them much passed my knees before I started on SW. The last time I fitted in these jeans comfortably was summer 2007 after my ill fated experience with Cambridge Diet ( I lost five stone in four months then ate normally and put 6 stone back on in the next 6 months:eek::eek::eek:) Anyway just thought I'd update to show that SW is working and I am feeling a million times better than I have in years.

Tonight is zumba night and I can't wait - I never ever would have joined this without the confidence I'm getting from doing SW - I know I have a long way to go but it really is the first time in decades that I've felt I can really really do this - all good today - long may it continue.:)

xxx

Hi Nettyneil

Well done on your weight loss :D

I have tried Zumba, it is fab. Having problems with my knees so have to give it a miss for now. Going to Gym to try and strengthen knees then hopefully get back.

Enjoy and Good luck for weigh in this week:)

happy happy day :D:DI've lost 3 and a half pounds this week. That Zumba wiggling must be doing it's stuff I'm sure. So that's my two and a half stone sticker now - really struggling to update my ticker and stickers on here though :confused:

On with the three stone challenge now xx

Well done Netty, I'm 43 this year and am determined to be a lot smaller, keep up with the motivation :)

Thanks mimi, I'm sure you'll be ok and get to target. Stick with it - I found after the first month it became more the norm and felt less like a diet. This site is great for motivation and inspiration - problem is it becomes a tad addictive ..... xx

ooh er oops what's happened here then, 2 weeks since I last posted and surprise surprise 2 weeks of really really struggling to stay on plan - well actually not been on plan all week so just trying to kick start myself into gear for a new start tomorrow morning.

Been really busy at work working long days to make up flexi as I'm down to my limit on that, then had a crazy busy time as I facilitate on some workshops and had an evening workshop on Thursday evening and then a full day on Saturday and as both were really stressful ended up coming home and having a glass of wine - which quickly led to a bottle and then some snacks and then some chocolate and well you know the story we've all been there...:(

Oh well back to the beginning really aiming for 100% tomorrow fingers crossed xx

Well done so far :)

Just thought I'd post to say I know how difficult it is to stay on track when it's hectic at work, don't give up :)

Nay

thanks for your kind wishes, I'm not going to give up just need to give myself a good kick up the behind and get on with it.

More importantly though you look amazing in your photo above well done xxxx

Thanks for you're kind words, they're there to show it's doable :) I started my weight loss journey in 2008!

Nay

Back