Fat Experiences

Well thats a bit harsh lol I wonder what makes people think it's ok to say things like that? I've been in situations where people have been saying things to each other, apparantly 'joking' but it makes me feel awkward cuz I know that some comments might really affect the person targetted. I suppose u never know how someone will take what you say or whether they will take it to heart or not.

My nephew asked me at a family event loudly whether I was pregnant or just fat! I had to laugh it off but I was dying... grim!

A doctor turned round and said, 'you're obese, sort it out' which really shocked me at the time as I hadn't realised.

Also seeing photos afterwards and it being like my eyes had been opened for the first time, and seeing how overweight I was

I've had a few over the years. I wore a new dress to work which I had bought because I felt it skimmed all my bumps, but was promptly asked "are you hiding a baby under that tent?".
I think the two most humiliating were sitting on a train, and a group of school kids getting on, their teacher telling them to all stay in this carriage, and ordering a child to take the seat next to me. He promptly turned to his teacher and said "I can't, that lady's too big". The carriage was pretty full, and I was so embarassed.

The worst one has to be many years ago when I had a relatively new boyfriend, down the pub we bumped in to some friends of his I hadn't met before. I said hello, but it was my turn on the pool table, as I had moved away I think the lads thought I couldn't hear, one of them said to my boyfriend "Mate, she's pretty fat!" to which he replied, "Yeah, I'm working on it". Needless to say we're not together anymore!

What a cheeky guy he was!!!

I have had the 'when are you due'.....An ex told me his mates would like me if I reduced my weight lol

Worst moment was a few weeks ago in a budget hotel. The was a seat, which to my detriment, I discovered was made of a piece of flimsy chip board. The third time I sat on it, it snapped in the middle :( lol

I considered checking out early (I was due to check out the afternoon after and had only arrived an hour or so before lol)....But then I figured they would bill me.

So, I called reception (dying inside).....The maintanance man came up and said 'do not worry, even slim people break this cheap stuff'

He was probably lying, but he made me feel a little better :)

I turned down having a cleaner come and vacuum. Did not want to have to face another member of staff lol

So, now I am loosing weight and am determined for nothing like it to happen to me ever again! lol

I just do not understand how people can say the hurtful things they do. Ive lost count of the comments that have been said to me. The one that sticks in my mind the most is when i was sitting in a hospital waiting room and a lady sat in front of me. She turned round and asked me how long I had been waiting. Then she turned round to me again couple of minutes later and said Your a fat girl arnt you ? You must be eating too much!
I was so shocked ! I just couldnt understand why she felt she had to tell me that. Its not like I dont already know why I am big ! I know I eat too much ! Stupid woman!

that is shockingly rude!!!

Mine was just this week :(

I am a childminder and was doing a nursery drop off this lunch time and walked through the playground to a parent shouting 3 times at me to "hide the gut fatty" It could only have been directed at me as the playground was empty apart from us. I had 2 young children with me and was mortified but pleased my own children didn't have to hear it :( The children I had with me were oblivious to what was said as well so it could have been worse.

My confidence is at an all time low and people are telling me I shouldn't let it get to me and I know they are right bjust hard to put it in to practice.
i cant believe some people xmake me sick

Went to thorpe park, queued for a ride, near the front of the queue watched a few people being kicked off the ride for being too big to get the safety harness down. Asked my friend if she thought I would fit, because if not I'll just walk straight through rather than go through the embarrassment of being asked to get off. She said I would be fine. I sit down and pull down the harness, and very quickly realise I'm not going to be fine. One of the ride assistants came over and said the harness would go down but she'd need to get "Ryan" to put some elbow grease into it. "Ryan, we've got a chunky that needs forcing in!!!" Ryan comes and asks if I would mind if he pushed down on the harness. At this point dying of embarrassment I say yes, thinking you can do whatever you want if it means getting me away from all these people who just heard your colleague shout that sentence. Good old Ryan pretty much sat on the harness with all his body weight and the ride pulled off with me firmly wedged and very red faced!!!

Random people on the street, bikes or even leaning out of a white van "you fat *******!" they call. Although the guy who did that on the bike, who continued to look at me nearly got hit by a car. Darwin and natural selection almost at work. They are all idiots.

the stupidness and rudeness of people will never cease to amaze me! some of the comments youve all got are just plain nasty and could only have been said to try to hurt u! why do people feel the need to do this and say things? i think its probably cuz theyve got some bad personal issues so feel the need to try to make everyone feel as bad as they do. these people will get whats coming to them

Went to thorpe park, queued for a ride, near the front of the queue watched a few people being kicked off the ride for being too big to get the safety harness down. Asked my friend if she thought I would fit, because if not I'll just walk straight through rather than go through the embarrassment of being asked to get off. She said I would be fine. I sit down and pull down the harness, and very quickly realise I'm not going to be fine. One of the ride assistants came over and said the harness would go down but she'd need to get "Ryan" to put some elbow grease into it. "Ryan, we've got a chunky that needs forcing in!!!" Ryan comes and asks if I would mind if he pushed down on the harness. At this point dying of embarrassment I say yes, thinking you can do whatever you want if it means getting me away from all these people who just heard your colleague shout that sentence. Good old Ryan pretty much sat on the harness with all his body weight and the ride pulled off with me firmly wedged and very red faced!!!

That is soooo rude! Can people not be discrete? When I failed to fit in a ride at Drayton Manor, the ride attendant was very nice and polite. Luckily it was early and it was only me and my sister on the ride!

I really feel for you on that one!

Years ago I read an article in a magazine about how very small children make friends. A child was shown a number of photographs of other children; boys and girls, some of different ethnicity and there was a picture of a disabled child in a wheel chair and a final picture of an obese child. The child had to choose which children in the photos they would like to be friends with.

Not one chose the obese child.

I mean, the children that took part in the experiment were between ages 3-5.

Many people it seem have a prejudice against an overweight person from a very young age.

Kieran

x

Do you know what guys?it doesn't really bother me that much and av adopted a 'let them say attitude' its really funny reading these stories because if anything like that was said to me I will probably be laughing with them. I AM FAT, so what? If anyone decides to rub it in too bad. Please girls don't let anyone upset you because many of us are big because of so many factors,not because we are that geedy. Many of us are emotional eaters. X

Its kinda nice (in a way), to see that other people get this crap to. I've just decided to use all the comments as a motivator to stick to loosing the weight.

I love smiling eyes..... Don't care what the casing is like.... I have never judged anyone on size....or their sexiness...I like nice people... And it's only the cover after-all, it's the book that matters .... Anyway... Happy Sunday to all those lovely books out there just waiting to be read x

I've had loads too, I'm an apple shape so get called pregnant a lot, although to be honest i was asked more when I was a size 12 and 10 stone, I think because I was slim with a belly, now I'm bigger it creates more doubt I suppose.
I also had a crowd of teenagers say I looked like Roseanne and shout fatty, pig oink oink at me, and I wasn't that big at the time about 11 stone. I cried for days, I was only about 22 and very self conscious with an eating disorder anyway:(

shrinkingannie said:
I've had loads too, I'm an apple shape so get called pregnant a lot, although to be honest i was asked more when I was a size 12 and 10 stone, I think because I was slim with a belly, now I'm bigger it creates more doubt I suppose.
I also had a crowd of teenagers say I looked like Roseanne and shout fatty, pig oink oink at me, and I wasn't that big at the time about 11 stone. I cried for days, I was only about 22 and very self conscious with an eating disorder anyway:(

I bet your a beautiful person.....x

Thank you!

For me there's no one particular experience that stands out. What I am sick of is being "the fat guy", or being called "big lad".

The constant jibes from the guys at work, even though I know it's just banter and no-one (I hope) means anything genuinely nasty, also really get to me. I still put on my "I don't care face" though, as its easier to pretend that it doesn't get to me.

Gosh i know how this feels im known as "big girl" :(

Back