Fat Experiences

ive had many things like this happen to me. but my latest one was when i went into a sports shop to find some jogging bottoms for my workout (bareing in mind I absolutley hated going in JJB etc when i was bigger let alone slimmer), anyway. I found some trousers, that happened to be a size 12-14. I went to the till and the bloke said.
I'll put the recipt in the bag, just so u know u wont lose it, when u need to take them back. As they are a make that are on the snug side.

I looked at him, and just said. ' dont worry I wont be taking them back' and walked off with my trousers.

How rude! Some people honestly...

ive had many things like this happen to me. but my latest one was when i went into a sports shop to find some jogging bottoms for my workout (bareing in mind I absolutley hated going in JJB etc when i was bigger let alone slimmer), anyway. I found some trousers, that happened to be a size 12-14. I went to the till and the bloke said.
I'll put the recipt in the bag, just so u know u wont lose it, when u need to take them back. As they are a make that are on the snug side.

I looked at him, and just said. ' dont worry I wont be taking them back' and walked off with my trousers.

That is shocking from a sales assistant! What a prat!

the moronic comments people make never cease to amaze me!

I've just seen the saddest thing. As some of you may know, I work on the fairground on a stall trying to get people to part with their money. Lol! Across from me today are a set of bungee trampolines, where the kids are on elastics and bounce up and down. I've just seen an overweight girl trying to have a go but the elastics weren't strong enough and the attendant had to give mum her money back. The girl was so upset and although I know on here we aren't supposed to judge. But I really felt like wringing that mothers neck! Her daughter may have a medical condition but, dare I say it? She could just be fat and her mother needs to help her. Otherwise her childhood is going to be full of such embarrassments.

When I was at my biggest I happened to spot a couple of people I hadn't seen in a while at a bar. I was about to walk over and say hello but I saw them nudge each other, look shocked, snigger and then whisper furiously to each other. It was awful and I was so embarrassed. Needless to say i didn't go over. I've seen one of them since at my current weight and there was no smirking! Hopefully I'll bump into both of them again when I'm at my target weight! :D

Well, Where will I start!! Having been overweight for 30 years of my 36 of existance I have had many remarks and situations to put me to shame!! The most recent was a catalogue of 3 - first one was at my sons last day of primary school, water fight and rounders adults Vs children!! No I didnt join in, however another parent approached me saying "oh I spoke to Tracey and she couldnt remember you (someone i had gone to school with who is her friend) so I decscibed you as so tall (holds her hand to her head) and so wide (stretches her ams as far apart as humanly possible) she knew you then!" :(:(

I was mortified - yes I am big, very big but I stupidly enough, didnt think other people saw me as it!!:cry:

Then the day after I manged to fall off my trials bike in the morning and in the afternoon twist my ankle, just by walking!!

I have had a guts full of it now, but also need to realise the only one who can do anything is me!!

I am new on here but think this will be a tremendous support on my 10 stone weight loss journey ... then I can go back to that person and say "descibe me now ##tch"!!:D

"oh I spoke to Tracey and she couldnt remember you (someone i had gone to school with who is her friend) so I decscibed you as so tall (holds her hand to her head) and so wide (stretches her ams as far apart as humanly possible) she knew you then!" :(:(

Wow, just wow, some people can be so thoughtless and rude.

There is a older very slim lady in the village who feels the need to tell me how to lose weight when ever I see her!! The other evening she was at the same BBQ as myself and OH. So off she goes and I let her rant on for a while then she asked if I was O.K.as I looked very tiered... I then explained I have an under active thyroid and had got in a mess with my meds so I was feeling the side effects of that.... She stopped, looked at me and said "Oh that explains a lot then.... You know why your fat"

Hmm. Would my pouring your drink over you explain why your wet you old bat!!!:mad:[/QUOTE]

I've just nearly choked on my diet cherry coke lol. What an old bat!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MiniMins

Well, Where will I start!! Having been overweight for 30 years of my 36 of existance I have had many remarks and situations to put me to shame!! The most recent was a catalogue of 3 - first one was at my sons last day of primary school, water fight and rounders adults Vs children!! No I didnt join in, however another parent approached me saying "oh I spoke to Tracey and she couldnt remember you (someone i had gone to school with who is her friend) so I decscibed you as so tall (holds her hand to her head) and so wide (stretches her ams as far apart as humanly possible) she knew you then!" :(:(

I was mortified - yes I am big, very big but I stupidly enough, didnt think other people saw me as it!!:cry:

Then the day after I manged to fall off my trials bike in the morning and in the afternoon twist my ankle, just by walking!!

I have had a guts full of it now, but also need to realise the only one who can do anything is me!!

I am new on here but think this will be a tremendous support on my 10 stone weight loss journey ... then I can go back to that person and say "descibe me now ##tch"!!:D
Hi Pepshouse, you will show that rude person! I can't believe how awful and nasty some people are :(
You're in the right place for all the support you need, it's been invaluable to me to come on here and speak to like minded people. I don't think I could have done it without the support. It isn't easy but if you want it bad enough you can achieve anything. Good luck ;)

Thank you TrimTrixy x Kind words!! This time its gonna happen and shut up the sad bu##ers that have nothing else to gob about x :rolleyes:

I'd just like to add on here that I've just looked online to buy an Argos Value Range Abdotrim Tummy Exerciser, as it's my big blobby belly that's really annoying the hell out of me at the mo lol and it's says I can't use it!! "Maximum user weight 100kg (15st10lb)." I need to lose a stone before I can attempt to lose my belly fat! That has just annoyed me a little bit, I'm pretty flexable for a larger person and seem to do sit ups ok but thought that would be better for me, more support etc Why on earth do you have to be a certain weight for it?????

images

Weight restrictions were a real wake up call for me. I have always been a 'big girl' but never saw myself as too big too do anything. I have never been short of breath walking up a hill etc etc and have been pretty fit because of dance for my whole life. However, I remember booking flying lessons for my OH's birthday once and some of the weight restrictions for the planes were on the 14 stone mark. I was heavier than that at my biggest! It did shock me as I had never thought about the possibility of my weight holding me back in that way before.

I've had many over the years.

I remember a bloke turning to his child at a BBQ and saying 'no you can't have another, you have to becareful what you eat or you'll look like her'.

Teaching is a tough profession when you're big, I've heard so many kids going 'look we've got that fat teacher'

I've had the sniggers in pubs&stuff too. People in taxi queues saying things like 'oi we're having that one, you should wait for the minibus...'

People making thunder noises when I walk in a room, being too scared to go to the cinema/fairground etc because of my size.

I was driving in summer with the window down & some lad yelled fat b**** through the window while I was at traffic lights then high 5'd his mates.

My doctor annoys me too. Everything I go to him with is because I'm overweight apparently...

It's like the so called 'friends' who make jokes and say things then go 'it's just because I'm concerned, I thought it might bump you into you know doing something about it?' and you think no. It 'bumped me' into the fridge thinking even my friends were embarrassed to be seen with me!
It seems like the last thing people feel they can take the mickey for and not get done. People seem to think that because you are big you are fair game for being made fun of and being made to feel like less than human :(

I now am halfway through the journey but people still say awful things and I just want to yell at them that I'm a lot smaller than I used to be! But ignorant people won't learn. I'd rather be in this struggle and sympathetic and full of empathy than thin all my life and ignorant and blinkered like the people who say these things.

There's more I can't remember at this point but I'm sure I'll be back when I remember.

Last edited:
My worst moment was at the wake after my nan's funeral.

I was sitting in the back room with my younger brother (i was 18, he was 14) and it happened to be the same room as the food (brother's choice- not mine)

My uncle (by marriage- thank god) walked into the room laughed and said really loud "save some of that food for us, Tanya". now, whats the bet that if i was a size 10, he wouldnt have said that.

That guy annoyed me twice that day (the first was he insisted on going in the second car to the funeral (the first being spouse/children, second being grandchildren) so me and my brother had to sit in the third car with some more in-laws.....blah)

but yeah....horrible man- i can't wait to get to 12 stone. then i can kick him in the nads and say "now, aren't you glad i didn't do that when i was 22 1/2 stone?" :D

Strangely, I have been fortunate and haven't really gotten a lot of comments about my weight when I have actually BEEN overweight. Like another person said here, I got comments about being 'fat' when I was actually very thin. Of course, I now know that the kinds of people who want to bring us down, are really just trying to pull themselves up.
The thing that bothers me most about being fat is that when I am on the Tube, and the car is quite full, I feel like I can't take a seat between 2 other people because I might make them feel uncomfortable or squished. I have seen my reflection in the glass, and really I fit fine in the seat, so i think that is just me being very hyper-aware. But it is a huge paranoia for me and I almost always end up standing instead.

Oh my! All these are awful!! Why is it that people feel they can abuse others, I reckon its because they don't see overweight people as 'normal human beings'? Therefore we are less worthy?? And deserve the comments!!

Absolute bull***t. Let them have their moment of feeling better than us but as I have read many diaries and comments we are all doing well, with our own self esteem boosted I say balls to the lot of em!!

I have experienced this type of stuff too =/ some of the posts here describing what others have said to you are so mean! How can people say that stuff?

Touch wood, have had no pregnancy questions. I think I'd die if I did! Have had very nasty remarks from people in pubs and had it a bit in high school. Makes me really down hearted and I used to self harm because of it :(

Am happy I'm finally doing something about it now :)

:eek: A patient asked if I was pregnant.....as she didn't want me to hurt myself lifting her off the floor.....Managed to laugh it off at the time, but its those moments that makene determined to lose weight!

Back