Favourite CD Products

MinnieMel

Why Be Normal?
Hi,

I am going to see a UK CDC for the first time on Wednesday. I am very interested in trying out the UK products, and I have not been all that successful without having someone else monitor my "behaviour".

I have been ordering the Food for Life CD from the States because it is soya based, but I can manage the lactose based products -- My first VLCD was LL (2008).

Anyway, the US FFL choices are very limited -- and if I going to use milk based, then I might as well "shop locally" and get some guidance.

Sooo, my question is what flavours/products do you like and what can't you stand.

Thanks.

MM

i have 3 choc mint shakes a day, every day so im not much help, lol

shakes i think are ok are choc, banana, strawberry, butter scotch
soups, chicken and mushroom and vegetable
tetras, banana and strawberry
bars, chocolate, malt toffee and i like the taste of the choc mint but cant stand the texture
om not keen on any of the porridges now but i used to like the plain

Hi Claire,

Why do you only have the Choc Mint if you like some of the others? Is it that you've been on the diet so long, that you are not bothered? And, what exactly is the "texture" issue? Are they grainy?

MM

went off the others a tad but i love love love the choc mint shake and im completly fine with it being the same

i show autistic tendancys ( look close enough and everyone does ) in the fact i like things the same. i play my cd's in the car on loop for the same song and routines i have a book for my cd stuff and i like it being at the same time of day and the same item, im just a weirdo

the choc mint bar it was the "crunchy" soya bits. they wernt crunchy they were too soft and kept sticking to my teeth

Hi Claire,

I am a bit like that, too. I think it is because I am very ADD (and in the UK that is considered on "the spectrum". If I do not stick to a routine, then I am totally lost. And, I tend to eat the same things most of the time... because if I know I like it, then why risk wasting time/money/calories on something I might not like?

Thanks for the input. You are an inspiration to me as a dieter and a mother. (How is Kaya? We are currently working to get our DD an appropriate placement for secondary school.)

MinnieMel

I LOVE choc mint too , just lush and I do tend to have 1-2 a day .

I also love the peanut , mint and orange bars , and chocolate tetra bricks frozen a little so they are like ice cream :)

I do not really like any of the soups , they always taste powdery to me and I find myself gagging on them .

I like all the other products except chocolate orange shake , chocolate shake , strawberry tetras and butterscotch ( tastes like feet to me !!!)

Hi Claire,

I am a bit like that, too. I think it is because I am very ADD (and in the UK that is considered on "the spectrum". If I do not stick to a routine, then I am totally lost. And, I tend to eat the same things most of the time... because if I know I like it, then why risk wasting time/money/calories on something I might not like?

Thanks for the input. You are an inspiration to me as a dieter and a mother. (How is Kaya? We are currently working to get our DD an appropriate placement for secondary school.)

MinnieMel

with my lack of social skils i apparently present aspergers but personally i think im just keeping the great british ecentric tradition alive, lol

kayas ok, shes had a bad winter and has been blue lighted to hospital a few times, really not fun bless her
shes doing ok at school but there now picking up on the fact she has more issues than they expected but so far they are keen to find solutions for her

hope you can get a good placement for your daughter

I like the cappuccino one and choc mint, strawberry and chocolate. I have tetra's at times when I will be travelling. I also liked the bars.
Only flavour of sachets I wasn't keen on after awhile was the toffeeand walnut. Had that musty taste of the nut.

I have two choc tetras a day... the only milkshake I like. I can't stand the powdery taste of anything I have to make myself (just a me thing I think as everyone else seems fine with them). I love the Cranberry bars (as good as any chocolate bar out there) and peanut bars, the malt bar, choc orange etc are ok in small doses. A chunk every now and again.

Good luck with the new flavours.

Thanks Ladies --

I can't wait to get my hands on some of these new flavours. I am fed up with vanilla, chocolate and strawberry powered drinks. (They also have cappucino -- but I did not care for that.)

LOL -- Determinator "and butterscotch ( tastes like feet to me !!!)" -- just when were you tasting feet? Or is that a bit personal?

MinnieMel

Last edited:
It's so interesting the way people like different things.

I love the Tetras, but I thought we could only have one of those a day?

When I did this diet in March for 10 weeks, my daily plan was something like this:

Have hot chocolate in the morning (made with 1/2 a tetra and some hot water then put in microwave)

A soup for lunch (I like Oriental Chilli best, but also Leek and Potato and Chicken and Mushroom)

Another hot chocolate mid afternoon (made with 1/2 pack as before)

A soup for dinner

A banana or vanilla shake for 'dessert' a bit later on in the evening (sometimes made up with mix-a-mousse or crushed up with water and ice to make 'ice cream')

This time round though I don't have a consultant as she has quit and there isn't another one for 30 miles, so I'm beg, borrowing and 'stealing' unwanted packs from friends to get me through 4 weeks. That means NO tetras! This is a disaster for me as I loved my hot chocs and you cannot do them with the choc packets as they just don't taste like chocolate!

mint choc shakes are my lifeline - they are LUSH

I have texture issues....so have three tetras a day. I like chocolate and banana - both taste just like yahoo milkshakes! Not tried strawberry yet....but off to see my cdc Thursday so fingers crossed.

I tend to stick with a few I know I like. I love the choc-mint, choc-orange & cappachino shakes (I like a few of the others too like the butterscotch, vanilla and plain chocolate but not as much) and adore the mushroom soup (only soup I have) I also like the toffee and choc-orange bars. It's very much down to individual tastes though! My consultant us always texting ideas if how to use the different flavours eg using the vanilla in tea or coffee as whitener, or adding lots of ice and a spoon on coffee to the cappachino to make a frappachino, or mixing flavours together. I think I would have more flavours if I used the mix-a-mousse but don't have the patience and would rather buy the water flavourings as the fluid is more important. Just try and see, I'm sure your CDC would swap any if you found you didn't like them! Hope you find your golden flavours, really does make a huge difference if you look forward to your meal! When I was off plan I bought choc-orange hot chocolate powder because I missed it and was a little upset the the cd one tasted better! Lol! X

I LOVE chocolate made into mousse! I also eat peanut bars and mint bars, this is it! I don't mind having the same thing everyday. I don't want anything else. I can have a tetra, but I would rather not! :)

Good luck hun, nice to see you about again xx

I stick to the same things really, choc tetras made into a hot choc, peanut bars and occasionally a mint choc mousse but I get bored of washing up the blender lol. I have tried the mint choc bars but felt like I was chewing polystyrene balls!!xx

i have a banana shake around 1.30 a strawberry shake around 5ish and a choc shake 9ish. ive tried alot of flavours and found these are the ones i really like. i do sometimes have the choc teta made to a hotchoc but not very often.
the soups and porridge make me gag so dont get these anymore.

Texture Issue

I have texture issues....so have three tetras a day. I like chocolate and banana - both taste just like yahoo milkshakes! Not tried strawberry yet....but off to see my cdc Thursday so fingers crossed.

Janellekay,

What do you mean by texture issues? Are the packets grainy?

Thanks.

MM

Back