Fear of a (please don't let me be a) fat bridesmaid!

pre packed hard boiled eggs

Are they a thing you can buy? Jeez I must be out of date, lol :D

I lost 8lbs in my first week :D but only 1 stone for the first 4 weeks :( However, I am vertically challenged and lose weight on any diet slowly. So, overall my 1 stone in 4 weeks (for me) was a brilliant loss :)

Yes I know it's madness the things available and that we buy! Two for £1 which is pretty expensive but it's good to just have to hand for emergencies

I still think that's a good loss in a month! 8lbs in a week is amazing! X

Pret a Manger sell little 'protein pots', one of them is hard boiled egg and spinach. I loved going there when I was doing Atkins! They have very low carb salads in there too :)

Good to know for later stages but saying that no prets near me!

I've had a good day thanks just got in and bravely added water to beef in black bean pot and am waiting to try it.

Not that I want to tempt fate but day 3 is meant to be a killer and so far so good I haven't really been hungry or in a vile mood.... Is it wrong that this worries me incase it's not working?! Lol

Someone made me a cup of tea today and I snuck back into the kitchen and re made a black one and was really chuffed with myself! Small victory!

Yuk yuk yuk! Managed about a quarter even with salt and pepper! Thinking maybe the meals aren't for me!
Urghhhhhhhhh lol I tried and tried to eat it but I'm literally nearly being sick

So I've had a boiled egg... I felt totally fine about it as I didn't eat the BB but then I've realised although I thought I'd been doing really well getting through 3 days I've actually had an egg on Monday and one tonight which isn't good! X

I was the same with the black bean pot, was vile had to leave it and I kept waking up in the night nearly bringing it up, had the shepherd pie tonight was better got to the last couple of mouth fulls not pleasant but ok and really full which is weird but good! X

Bex I'm glad it's not just me! Which things do you tend to have during the day?
(Same question to everyone) x

I use half a packet of either choc mint shake or choc shake and have it as a hot chocolate in the evening. So I get two hot drinks. It's certainly nice to have something warming in this weather and lasts longer than a shake. I have had half a vanilla shake before hot, hoping it would be like hot milk but it tasted sickly. So I have spoonfuls of vanilla in a hot coffee to make lattes.

I have lost two stone in two months before on Exante and it is fab for quick weight loss.

Good luck!!

Bex I'm glad it's not just me! Which things do you tend to have during the day?
(Same question to everyone) x

I only started on Tuesday but so far I'm having a bar for breakfast and just have a bite throughout the morning, lunch I've had shakes and tea so far the awful black bean and the just about bearable shepherds pie! Day three for me today and first couple of days have been easy I've not been hungry at all but read a few things that said day three tends to be the hardest so here goes! Can't wait for my first weigh in but got the weekend to get through first x

Bam do you have half the shake for tea the use the other half hot or just have it as 2 hot drinks? Also with the shakes do you put the recommended amount of water in it more? 2 stone in 2 months is fab

Bex you're even newer than me then! I've been ok luckily.

Decided I'm going to stay away from the meals which could cause a problem as that's what I have the majority of! But they're just making me feel sick. I need to see how many shakes I've got to see if 2 a day will get me through the week.

Omg!!!! I'm the happiest bunnie
I tried the honey comb shake for breakfast like a mentally deranged person I worries it would taste like crunchie (in hindsight I'm sure that would be amazing despite not liking them) any I added 300mls of water rather than the 200-250mls it says and it's lovely!!!!! I'm happily say here drinking away.

However it's the only one I've got Looks like near the end of the week when I've tried more flavours it'll be honey shakes and peanut bars for me! X

Now, I can't stand the honeycomb shake, and I don't really like the peanut bars (but I will eat them), but I like the black bean pot.

Love how we are all different :D

I don't mind the peanut butter bar it fills me up lots, I know what you mean about the meals I got a mixed starter pack so lots to go at, hoping I may like atleasr one lol! I'm hoping to try the pancakes tonight that might be more my tastes, what do you all make of them and the sweet meals like the cupcakes and the gooey cakes? X

Sadie it's strange isn't it! How long have you been doing it? As obviously tastes change.

I've got pizza and burger mix but don't know if I dare try them yet think it might be a while lol
I've got the breakfast eggs and maple pancakes but saving them till the weekend to try.

The puddings look fab don't they but I don't have any of them. I need to try some other bars x

I started on 18th Jan with a six week mixed pack, basically because it was discounted and as I'd never tried any of the products before I didn't know what I would like. I've since bought more of the stuff that I like.

I fully expected the original pack to have things I didn't like. I got the pizza mix, cheese scone mix and cupcake mix - tried them all once and they went straight in the bin. Some of the shakes I got I didn't like but I could drink them so I've worked my way through them, but actually most of the stuff I can eat. Some of the stuff I'm not bothered about but can eat and some I really quite like.

I got the gooey puds and whichever way I made them they were never gooey but I did eat them. I haven't bought more of them because they were not that great and plus I would never sit down and just eat a pudding for a meal.

The breakfast eggs and maple pancakes I like and keep them for my weekend breakfasts.

But I've found you need to make the breakfast eggs with extra water in the microwave for them to be edible. I use around 120ml of water and zap in the microwave for around 90 secs in three 30 sec bursts, stirring between bursts. As for the maple pancakes, I add more water there too, and use a small frying pan and end up with around 4 pancakes.

Both the eggs and pancakes make me feel like I'm sort of eating normal food

Thanks for the cooking tips, I'm going to have the pancakes for weekend breakfast too and perhaps the eggs! I know it's all just trial and error but really helpful having all you help, tips and support. It's my third day and I'm feeling really light headed and dizzy which is a weird feeling! X

I initially kept the eggs and pancakes for the weekend to save time in the morning, the shakes are the quickest thing to prepare. But now I have gotten into a routine with it and it works.

It is trial and error to see what works for you and then trying to adapt to anything that comes along to mess the plan up :D

Anyway, I'm off I should be out of the house by now :oops:

Sadie it's strange isn't it! How long have you been doing it? As obviously tastes change.

I've got pizza and burger mix but don't know if I dare try them yet think it might be a while lol
I've got the breakfast eggs and maple pancakes but saving them till the weekend to try.

The puddings look fab don't they but I don't have any of them. I need to try some other bars x

I've been reading some reviews on the Exante website on the meals etc and they seem to like the sausage mix but everyone likes different and I can't believe anyone could like the black bean pot lol! My pack should have have 2 of the curry and rice which I was looking forward to for Saturday but there aren't any in my pack, don't know if I should email them? Don't want to complain though really x

Back