First days are the worst!!!

So I'm always hearing/ reading in mags that the first days of a diet or weight loss plan are the worst. I'm only in my second day and I'm feeling poop, my son is in bed my hubby is fishing so I'm pretty bored, I'm feeling hungry even though I'm probably not. I've been on my exercise bike 40 mins today, doesn't sound a lot but its more than I've done before. I'm so tempted to munch. I'm rubbish, no willpower, I feel like I'm a failure already and it's only my second day.

It was my third day today and I fell off the wagon.
I aren't exercising at the moment because i know once I exercise I see it as an excuse to eat more so I am waiting until I have my eating under control before I rejoin the gym.
I know what you mean though, I feel like a failure 3 days in! What's worse is my boyfriend is apparently 'dieting' too but sits there with chips and a crunchy!
My willpower is so low so I'm worried its a downward spiral already!

Hi Lucy - my husband is the same 'I did really well today, only one Twix!'. He's one of those people who can eat what he likes and stay pretty skinny, just a bit of spread in the middle if he drinks too much. Lucky bugger!

if i as much as look at a mars bar i pack on the lbs! i am feeling disheartened because i have been trying so hard and havent lost anything yet!

I've been struggling even more today, spoke to a few friends who have lost a hell of a lot of weight and one is a personal trainer. I told them exactly what I'm doing, they said yes it is going to be hard but I'm trying to do too much straight away, especially in the first week (I lost 5lb in 3days) I've been recommended to try something slightly different for a month to see if it helps; as doing it the way i have been will mean quick loss but also quick re-gain. I'm going to focus on the exercise to start with, still keep a beady eye on my calories but not as harshly as I have been. Who knows this may work but I'm going to try and be optimistic.

On the husband note...I've told him if he eats a choccy bar in front of me he's sleeping in the rabbit hutch outside lol.

I've been struggling even more today, spoke to a few friends who have lost a hell of a lot of weight and one is a personal trainer. I told them exactly what I'm doing, they said yes it is going to be hard but I'm trying to do too much straight away, especially in the first week (I lost 5lb in 3days) I've been recommended to try something slightly different for a month to see if it helps; as doing it the way i have been will mean quick loss but also quick re-gain. I'm going to focus on the exercise to start with, still keep a beady eye on my calories but not as harshly as I have been. Who knows this may work but I'm going to try and be optimistic.

On the husband note...I've told him if he eats a choccy bar in front of me he's sleeping in the rabbit hutch outside lol.

I couldn't agree more. Starting with a challenging regimen only makes you hate it. I am currently popping back into exercise and the only way I know I will get my ass out of bed in the morning at 5am to work out is because the routine is not that difficult. Once per week I do a challenging work out but during the week it is short and sweet .

I really feel that i havent got my head in it properly yet and because i am inbetween school, work and my teacher training i have no weekly routine so i am really struggling. i again fell off the wagon today and to be honest i feel like crap. I had a meal out with my boyfriend last night for our 'anniversary' and i majorly went over my points and used my weekly ones. Despite this we were originally suppose to go for indian but once i worked out the points in a korma with rice and naan (OMGosh) we ended up going for italian, i should be pleased i went for the healthier option but because i felt i ate bad yesterday it has overspilled into today and i have gone over my daily and weekly points :( i have no will power!

Drink a lot of water. Everytime I think I'm hungry, I drink water.

Yes i really do need to drink more. I am starting afresh tomorrow, been given loads of advice on here which has been really helpful so i am feeling more optimistic and positive about the week to come :)

I had two night of business dinners so it was hard to find time... But worked out today and had sushi instead of pizza so feeling accomplished !

Back