First ever VLCD

Well I know it's late and nobody is probably awake but I can't believe how much better I feel for losing weight.

I know it might sound sad but all night I've had lads talking to me on Facebook, telling me how good I look. A guy I work with actually said I don't need to do the diet because I look nice now. Aaaand one of my guests from Kavos who I fancied like mad but never told has been chatting and wants to meet up with me!! Argghh, madness!!

I love that this diet is working for me and I'm finding it easier every day. I want to be slim more than I've ever wanted chocolate and I'm not stopping until I'm there!! It's literally changing my life. Losing weight is the best decision I have ever made. My confidence is growing so much I just love it!!

xx

Great to hear you so positive :D It truly is life-changing

You're doing soooo great can't wait to see how you've done at the end of your challenge!

(and ahem...I weighed myself this morning - don't know what came over me!! But down 4.8lbs from last weigh in and 8.8lbs from new year's day :D)

Have a great day hot babe ;)

That is sooooooo cute- your Kav stuff is such an encouragement, isn't it?! Do you feel different in yourself now?

I'm not there yet- feeling small differences but defo pressing on with it!

Hey hun! Your diary's so inspiring of a cold and frosty morning! So great how much your
confidence is growing and obviously the boys are noticing too!!
I'm on day 11 now hoorayyy so not too far behind you.
And I haven't weighed yet either but am thinking I might do a fortnightly weigh-in
starting from this Sunday when the first two weeks are done.
It took me almost 10 weeks to get to goal last time in 2011 so hopefully that'll be the
case this time too....which means after this Sunday's weigh-in I'll only have another
4 weigh-ins to GOAL!!!

Hope you've started the day well, keep smilin' x

Amy hun this is amazing!!!! i love how positive your being!!! its such an inspiration!!! please help me!!! im completely not in the zone and cant get back to it!!! :( im so angry with myself!!! i really need a kick up the bum and to keep myself into check big time!!!!! i felt amazing losing that 10lbs.......now i get into that feeling of i've lost 10lbs i feel great i can give in now!! no no NO i cant!!!!

im so happy for you, you sound sooooo happy!!!! BIG well done!!!!!! xxxx

Hey Amy - completely agree with what you say! Also, shivie, if you don't mind me asking (and u can tell me to p off:D) (and sorry Amy for gatecrashing your diary!) but how much did you lose in 10 weeks? 10 weeks doesnt sound like much in the grand scheme of things does it - maybe I should break mine down into weeks too:) xxx

Great to hear you so positive It truly is life-changing

You're doing soooo great can't wait to see how you've done at the end of your challenge!

(and ahem...I weighed myself this morning - don't know what came over me!! But down 4.8lbs from last weigh in and 8.8lbs from new year's day )

Have a great day hot babe

Well done hunny, that's a fab loss!!

I love how supportive you all are, really does spur you on!

xx

That is sooooooo cute- your Kav stuff is such an encouragement, isn't it?! Do you feel different in yourself now?

I'm not there yet- feeling small differences but defo pressing on with it!

Definitely, you should see the guy, he's hot! I do feel different. I definitely can see more now, still got a jiggly belly but that will soon go. Glad you're noticing to see differences too!!

xx

Hey hun! Your diary's so inspiring of a cold and frosty morning! So great how much your
confidence is growing and obviously the boys are noticing too!!
I'm on day 11 now hoorayyy so not too far behind you.
And I haven't weighed yet either but am thinking I might do a fortnightly weigh-in
starting from this Sunday when the first two weeks are done.
It took me almost 10 weeks to get to goal last time in 2011 so hopefully that'll be the
case this time too....which means after this Sunday's weigh-in I'll only have another
4 weigh-ins to GOAL!!!

Hope you've started the day well, keep smilin' x

Wow 10 weeks isn't long at all is it?! Was that in s&s too? I think weighing fortnightly is still better than weighing weekly, go for it! I like the idea you'd only have 4 left!!

xx

Amy hun this is amazing!!!! i love how positive your being!!! its such an inspiration!!! please help me!!! im completely not in the zone and cant get back to it!!! :( im so angry with myself!!! i really need a kick up the bum and to keep myself into check big time!!!!! i felt amazing losing that 10lbs.......now i get into that feeling of i've lost 10lbs i feel great i can give in now!! no no NO i cant!!!!

im so happy for you, you sound sooooo happy!!!! BIG well done!!!!!! xxxx

Aww hunny you will get there I promise!! It is all about frame of mind. In the last the longest I've lasted is 4 days!! I genuinely do think that not weighing myself is working you know! Maybe try it?

You're still 10lbs down in 2 weeks which is better than any other diet and an absolutely amazing loss, you're only 4lbs away from a stone!

Try pre-planning your day the night before like what pack you're going to have at what time. I find sticking to a routine really helps too because it just becomes normal rather than sat there thinking, oh what pack do I have now and talking yourself out of wanting one.

Don't give up. When you think of giving up just think about how rubbish you felt 10lbs ago and what made you start this in the firs place. At the end of the day it's up to us what we put in our mouths and how out bodies look as a result. Just because we want something doesn't mean we have to have it. I've wanted a pair of Loub's for god knows how long but you don't see me going buying 3 pairs haha.

You will get there!

xx

Hey Amy - completely agree with what you say! Also, shivie, if you don't mind me asking (and u can tell me to p off:D) (and sorry Amy for gatecrashing your diary!) but how much did you lose in 10 weeks? 10 weeks doesnt sound like much in the grand scheme of things does it - maybe I should break mine down into weeks too:) xxx

Thanks hunny, no problem crashing the diary, that's what it's here for haha xx

So day 14 has finally arrived. After today I'll have done 2 weeks 100% and not weighed! Woop!

Pits my day off so I've got up (mega) late and I've decided to have poached eggs for brekkie/lunch. Would have them with some veg but not been shopping yet. Gah. Need to get my butt in gear today! Got lots to get done!

xx

Aww hunny you will get there I promise!! It is all about frame of mind. In the last the longest I've lasted is 4 days!! I genuinely do think that not weighing myself is working you know! Maybe try it?

You're still 10lbs down in 2 weeks which is better than any other diet and an absolutely amazing loss, you're only 4lbs away from a stone!

Try pre-planning your day the night before like what pack you're going to have at what time. I find sticking to a routine really helps too because it just becomes normal rather than sat there thinking, oh what pack do I have now and talking yourself out of wanting one.

Don't give up. When you think of giving up just think about how rubbish you felt 10lbs ago and what made you start this in the firs place. At the end of the day it's up to us what we put in our mouths and how out bodies look as a result. Just because we want something doesn't mean we have to have it. I've wanted a pair of Loub's for god knows how long but you don't see me going buying 3 pairs haha.

You will get there!

xx

thank you lovely!!! you are right!!! i think atm because im not feeling rubbish like i did 10lbs ago then im letting that make me not start if you see what i mean?!?! so tomorrow im straight back to it - i keep saying this but i mean it now!!! i would hate to get to end of jan and not reach my target of a stone off!! i would be so diheartened and your right its only us putting the food into our own mouths!!!!

so tomorrow im sticking............im going to plan my food tonight!!! bf is at football tonight so im also going to have a nice bath and relax so i feel all happy a refreshed for tomorrow!!!

thank you for your help!!!

not weighing as well could be an incentive because you really want a BIG loss when you do eventually weigh in!!! whereas normally you get a big loss at the start then they slow right down!!! right im NOT weighing until last day in January :) xxxxxx

Excuse us gatecrashers Amy!! Hi "Love My Cat"! (I adore my cat too by the way, the wee ginger ball of fluffiness!)
I lost 39lbs in those 10 weeks - went from 175lbs to 136lbs and from a size 18 to a 12.
I went back up to a size 16 in the year following so enough is enough and I want to get in shape to be
my wee nephew's fun & hot godmother in March!! Want to wear a killer outfit and not be self-conscious and
uncomfortable all day.
Best of luck on your journey hun...this diet is the best way to get there ultra-quick - for those of us who are
in a hurry!! xx

thank you lovely!!! you are right!!! i think atm because im not feeling rubbish like i did 10lbs ago then im letting that make me not start if you see what i mean?!?! so tomorrow im straight back to it - i keep saying this but i mean it now!!! i would hate to get to end of jan and not reach my target of a stone off!! i would be so diheartened and your right its only us putting the food into our own mouths!!!!

so tomorrow im sticking............im going to plan my food tonight!!! bf is at football tonight so im also going to have a nice bath and relax so i feel all happy a refreshed for tomorrow!!!

thank you for your help!!!

not weighing as well could be an incentive because you really want a BIG loss when you do eventually weigh in!!! whereas normally you get a big loss at the start then they slow right down!!! right im NOT weighing until last day in January :) xxxxxx

I get what you mean. That's what I was like first time round of trying this diet, you see a big loss and think, oh well I cheated a but and still lost so I'll carry on cheating because I'll still lose. Then you end up staying the same and then the big gain comes. It's not worth it really. We've all got to keep plodding along until we get there otherwise we'll end up staying the same weight, feeling guilty and then giving up. When you stick to it it makes you feel so much better than eating something tasty. You feel deprived for about 10 minutes but then when you're over it you feel good about yourself for not letting yourself down.

I think you should carry on with the diet today. Never mind what you might have already eaten, that's done now. But like those quotes say, just because you missed a turning on a motorway you wouldn't keep going down the motorway, you'd get off at the next exit and turn around. So that's what I think you should do today. None of this tomorrow business because tomorrow becomes Friday and then Friday becomes Monday because of the weekend and then you never end ip getting back on track.

Its only 2 weeks away from the end of Jan so I think you should definitely give it a try. I'm so worried I'll get on the scales and not see any move its forcing me to stick to the diet properly! I've not eaten any naughties for 2 weeks and don't feel like I'm missing out. When I feel like I'm hungry I'll decide to have a protein meal rather than the 4 packs and that always helps because you feel like you're still eating properly and I suppose it's a good way of learning what you should eat when you've hit goal and are maintaining.

Its taken me since September to start thinking like this. I should be maintaining now but I ballsed it up. Don't make the same mistake as me and make sure you're reaching goal when you set out to. Otherwise it's a lot of wasted money and effort and the feeling at the end isn't worth it. Just imagine on the day you set out for reaching your goal when your actually there or a couple of pounds away. That feeling is gonna be a better feeling than any food can give you.

Wow, massive rant but I hope it helps.

xx

I get what you mean. That's what I was like first time round of trying this diet, you see a big loss and think, oh well I cheated a but and still lost so I'll carry on cheating because I'll still lose. Then you end up staying the same and then the big gain comes. It's not worth it really. We've all got to keep plodding along until we get there otherwise we'll end up staying the same weight, feeling guilty and then giving up. When you stick to it it makes you feel so much better than eating something tasty. You feel deprived for about 10 minutes but then when you're over it you feel good about yourself for not letting yourself down.

I think you should carry on with the diet today. Never mind what you might have already eaten, that's done now. But like those quotes say, just because you missed a turning on a motorway you wouldn't keep going down the motorway, you'd get off at the next exit and turn around. So that's what I think you should do today. None of this tomorrow business because tomorrow becomes Friday and then Friday becomes Monday because of the weekend and then you never end ip getting back on track.

Its only 2 weeks away from the end of Jan so I think you should definitely give it a try. I'm so worried I'll get on the scales and not see any move its forcing me to stick to the diet properly! I've not eaten any naughties for 2 weeks and don't feel like I'm missing out. When I feel like I'm hungry I'll decide to have a protein meal rather than the 4 packs and that always helps because you feel like you're still eating properly and I suppose it's a good way of learning what you should eat when you've hit goal and are maintaining.

Its taken me since September to start thinking like this. I should be maintaining now but I ballsed it up. Don't make the same mistake as me and make sure you're reaching goal when you set out to. Otherwise it's a lot of wasted money and effort and the feeling at the end isn't worth it. Just imagine on the day you set out for reaching your goal when your actually there or a couple of pounds away. That feeling is gonna be a better feeling than any food can give you.

Wow, massive rant but I hope it helps.

xx

thank you hun, you have basically said everything i have been thinking but you know theres always that voice that tells you otherwise......well NO MORE!!!! i feel crap today because ive eaten crap!!!! doesnt take a genius to know that if you eat crap you feel crap! so tonight im going to have protein and veg and get back to it!!!!

when i was 100% i felt so brilliant and so smug!!!! lol!!! i loved the feeling that i hadnt eaten chocolate or crisps or cakes i loved being smug about it - to myself!!! lol! so im craving that feeling again!!!

thank you for your help!!! i tried dieting this time last year and lost 1st and a half and then obviously piled it all back on and more.....so like you by now i could have been maintaining!!! lesson learnt!!!!

just on my lunch i drove to town to pick up some bits for OH and the sun was shining so had my sunnies on, music loud.......and even though its like 2 degrees outside it just made me think of summer!!! and i thought i cant wait for summer to just be able to go puppy walking and it not to be cold etc then i thought OMG i cannot have ANOTHER fat summer!!!! so i've had alot of inspiration today!!!! thankfully i really needed them!!!

i just need to get on with it now!!! two weeks before weigh in!! and hopefully i'll be happy with the result and it will boost me to my next goal :)

thank you again!!! you've been so helpful! i feel alot more positive!!! BRING IT ON! :D xxxx

thank you hun, you have basically said everything i have been thinking but you know theres always that voice that tells you otherwise......well NO MORE!!!! i feel crap today because ive eaten crap!!!! doesnt take a genius to know that if you eat crap you feel crap! so tonight im going to have protein and veg and get back to it!!!!

when i was 100% i felt so brilliant and so smug!!!! lol!!! i loved the feeling that i hadnt eaten chocolate or crisps or cakes i loved being smug about it - to myself!!! lol! so im craving that feeling again!!!

thank you for your help!!! i tried dieting this time last year and lost 1st and a half and then obviously piled it all back on and more.....so like you by now i could have been maintaining!!! lesson learnt!!!!

just on my lunch i drove to town to pick up some bits for OH and the sun was shining so had my sunnies on, music loud.......and even though its like 2 degrees outside it just made me think of summer!!! and i thought i cant wait for summer to just be able to go puppy walking and it not to be cold etc then i thought OMG i cannot have ANOTHER fat summer!!!! so i've had alot of inspiration today!!!! thankfully i really needed them!!!

i just need to get on with it now!!! two weeks before weigh in!! and hopefully i'll be happy with the result and it will boost me to my next goal :)

thank you again!!! you've been so helpful! i feel alot more positive!!! BRING IT ON! :D xxxx

Glad you're feeling more positive again!! We've just got to teat every week like week 1 when we're all rearing and ready to go! When you feel like giving in just come on here, you know you can post in my diary any time and I'll try and make you feel better again.

I sooo can't wait for summer. Hopefully I'll be getting a job at Emirates, I've wanted to do it for aaaages but because I've been overweight I've never tried, we all know you have to look a certain way to work for them so this year I'm going for it! I've done my partying jobs now I want one where I get to see the world in luxury!!

xx

Glad you're feeling more positive again!! We've just got to teat every week like week 1 when we're all rearing and ready to go! When you feel like giving in just come on here, you know you can post in my diary any time and I'll try and make you feel better again.

I sooo can't wait for summer. Hopefully I'll be getting a job at Emirates, I've wanted to do it for aaaages but because I've been overweight I've never tried, we all know you have to look a certain way to work for them so this year I'm going for it! I've done my partying jobs now I want one where I get to see the world in luxury!!

xx

thank you lovely!!! im rambling on in my diary too which makes me feel better.......even though its like talking to myself lol once ive vented it then i feel better!!!

oooo that sounds fab! my friend worked for Monarch for a few years and now she works for BA and she jets off all over the world! was in LA for New years!!! would love to do that if i didnt have apartment and puppy etc!!! that would be amazing tho! get to goal and get your dream job!!! how exciting! xxx

thank you lovely!!! im rambling on in my diary too which makes me feel better.......even though its like talking to myself lol once ive vented it then i feel better!!!

oooo that sounds fab! my friend worked for Monarch for a few years and now she works for BA and she jets off all over the world! was in LA for New years!!! would love to do that if i didnt have apartment and puppy etc!!! that would be amazing tho! get to goal and get your dream job!!! how exciting! xxx

It's funny how writing it down helps. Don't think I'd be able to carry on without minis. I feel like I've got to prove myself more when I tell people what I'm planning to do and because people aren't all like "ohhh you don't need to lose weight, blah, blah, I know it all and know **** all" it really helps.

Ive got my dream job once before when I went repping so if I try hard enough I know I can do it again. It's hard with emirates though. Only about 4 out of 400 applicants get the job. I did get 1 of 60 jobs out of 4000 so I might stand a chance. Just need to be a skinny minny first and get my teeth whitened haha.

xx

It's funny how writing it down helps. Don't think I'd be able to carry on without minis. I feel like I've got to prove myself more when I tell people what I'm planning to do and because people aren't all like "ohhh you don't need to lose weight, blah, blah, I know it all and know **** all" it really helps.

Ive got my dream job once before when I went repping so if I try hard enough I know I can do it again. It's hard with emirates though. Only about 4 out of 400 applicants get the job. I did get 1 of 60 jobs out of 4000 so I might stand a chance. Just need to be a skinny minny first and get my teeth whitened haha.

xx

yes definintly!!! theres nothing worse when your feeling down on a diet when people say "oh you dont need to lose weight" its like ahhhhhh infurriating lol!!!! and its usually skinny people that say it!! its like what do you know anyway!!!! lol

ooooo go for it!!!! you don't get anything unless you try it :)!!!!

yes i definitly wouldnt be able to get anywhere near to starting if it wasnt for minis and soon we will all be minis!!!! eeek cant wait to go puppy walking feeling comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt!!!!!!! im excited again now!!! thank you thank you thank you!!!! xxxx

Back