First ever VLCD

Ah please please please! I hear ya!

How many weeks are you going to keep going?

Well I wanna get to at least 11st 1 before Christmas which I think is achievable but ideally I want to be 9 and a half so il then really. I'm trying not to rely too much on the packs to lose weight because I don't want it to pile back on once I get to my goal weight. What about you?

xx

Sure you'll easily get to your goal before Xmas

Your doing great by the sounds of things Xx

I'm going to aim for a comfortable/small size 16 or poss 14 by Christmas. I won't get there if I keep going the way I am though- need to stick to 100% & drink more water- had several social occasions though! ? I'd ideally like to be a size 12 - I'm guessing that means around 12st for me, so I should do s&s til I'm 11.7lbs so then the glycogen store should make to 12st?

Gaaah long way to go!

I'm going to aim for a comfortable/small size 16 or poss 14 by Christmas. I won't get there if I keep going the way I am though- need to stick to 100% & drink more water- had several social occasions though! ? I'd ideally like to be a size 12 - I'm guessing that means around 12st for me, so I should do s&s til I'm 11.7lbs so then the glycogen store should make to 12st?

Gaaah long way to go!

What way are you going? You've not been on the diet that long have you?

Im sort of doing s&s and calorie counting. I hardly ever go over 600 cals sticking to the protein/low carb home made dinners but I'm not totally denying myself things, like on Halloween I wanted skittles so I had a bag. And they tasted good! Ha. It seems to be working. Even my blind grandma noticed I'd lost weight today haha. I look slimmer and I actually feel slimmer today anyway. I'll find out how well it's working on Monday when I weigh.

Just stick to your mini goals, that's all I'm doing, I'd drive myself potty thinking I still have over 4st to lose to be where I want to be. Instead I'm thinking I've only got 2lbs to my next goal and 7lbs aft that to the next one. Then I'm only 1 stone away to a healthy weight. Doesn't seem impossible then, makes me feel like I've not got long till I'm there and once I am I can set mini goals till I'm 9st7. Which WILL happen!! Hahaha.

xx

V encouraging! Thank you! I'm on my 2nd week- so week 1 was 7lb and week 2 only 3. I've cheated though and resolved to stop it! I know what you mean about the bag of skittles though! I like the idea of cal counting too, so that keeps you on track. I'm tending to eat more protein than I should, but like you say, no point denying.

Ok- my next mini goal is 16st7. And to get up for my gym appointment in the morning. Housemate had just had a 40 min rant about her moron of a boyfriend... She's too good for him!

Love the blind granny bit! I'm feeling the wobbly bits go less 'solid' if you know what I mean?! I think that's a good sign!

V encouraging! Thank you! I'm on my 2nd week- so week 1 was 7lb and week 2 only 3. I've cheated though and resolved to stop it! I know what you mean about the bag of skittles though! I like the idea of cal counting too, so that keeps you on track. I'm tending to eat more protein than I should, but like you say, no point denying.

Ok- my next mini goal is 16st7. And to get up for my gym appointment in the morning. Housemate had just had a 40 min rant about her moron of a boyfriend... She's too good for him!

Love the blind granny bit! I'm feeling the wobbly bits go less 'solid' if you know what I mean?! I think that's a good sign!

I think most people on their second week have a lower loss but 10lbs in 2 weeks is amazing. If any diet could guarantee a 7lbs loss every week there wouldn't be an obesity pandemic!! Haha. If you keep weighing and you're not losing as mush as you want it does dishearten you which makes young cheat because you don't see the point. That's why I've stopped, it makes me less excited about the galaxy in the fridge and more excited about the number on the scales because its a surprise. Works for me anyway!

You could hit 16st7 in the next week, it's only 5lbs away! Easy!

Ooh seems like all my mates are like your housemate. I'm the shoulder to cry on of the group haha. Movement in the Wobblies is always good!! My bingo wings don't wobble as much anymore haha.

xx

Staying in tonight so should make it easy to stick 100%. Sunday session with my extra slim bestie may prove a little more difficult tomorrow. Ut-oh!!

I'm staying in too... Dark nght, crowds, uneven surfaces and knee injury = nightmare! It's a night of bathing, hair dying, starting my new book and then some crap telly! ? Perfect! And fireworks look pretty from here, in the warm!

What are you going to do tomorrow? It's all too easy for me to cave in social situations. I don't know why I can't just say no thank you and smile! It's always more of a noooooo... Go on then!

I'm staying in too... Dark nght, crowds, uneven surfaces and knee injury = nightmare! It's a night of bathing, hair dying, starting my new book and then some crap telly! ? Perfect! And fireworks look pretty from here, in the warm!

What are you going to do tomorrow? It's all too easy for me to cave in social situations. I don't know why I can't just say no thank you and smile! It's always more of a noooooo... Go on then!

Take me out and X factor for me, happy days haha. I'm going for dinner which will lead to a few cocktails ha. Must remember to stick to voddy and diet coke instead. I'm half way there off a single nowadays so probs won't need much anyway haha. I'm very much a yes person. I never say no to a night out. After a summer of partying hard (I was a club rep) you'd think I'd have enough but nope, any chance of a piss up and I'm there haha. That's probably the main cause of my overweightness haha.

xx

I would love a cocktail or a large glass of red wine. Heaven lol

I promised myself when I started over 7 weeks ago that I wouldn't drink alcohol until Xmas and then not until I was my target weight. So far I have just been the driver on night out but feel like I missing out tonight

I would love a cocktail or a large glass of red wine. Heaven lol

I promised myself when I started over 7 weeks ago that I wouldn't drink alcohol until Xmas and then not until I was my target weight. So far I have just been the driver on night out but feel like I missing out tonight

Now wine is one thing I do miss!! You've done so well!! 7 weeks sounds like a lifetime to me without alcohol haha.

Just think, when you wake up without a hangover and pounds lighter from all the dancing you won't feel so bad!

Been a little naughty and had some yoghurt. It is probiotic though and only 80cals and has 7g of protein so I don't feel bad at all. It tasted amazing haha.

xx

Well I'm a bit gutted, stepped on the scales this morning and only lost 2lbs. I know it's still a loss but I feel like it should have been more. I'm guessing it could be water retention because I'm due on, and late now grr.

Good news though, just done my measurements and since starting I've lost 15.5 inches from all over. 3 of which are from my waist (who'd have thought I had one) and 2 from my hips making me officially a whole dress size smaller. Woohoo!!

Off out now, I'm gonna stick to the diet as much as I can and hope for bigger losses next week and that my P decides to rear it's ugly head finally.

Hope everyone else has had a good weekend!!

xx

It's 36 days til my birthday and I still have over 2 stone to go to be at my target for then. If there is a god, please let me achieve it!!!

:bday:

Two stone in just over a month??? Are you going to resort to amputation? Steady on girl!!!

If you stick 100% hun am sure you can loose a huge amount by then.

Try and stick to plan, and you will see those results

2lb is ace tho, I had big loss weeks and slower weeks

You can do it
Xxx

Dunno HOW I managed it but lunch today consisted of HALF a grilled chicken salad, which was mainly lettuce and onion and not really much of a salad at all but... After we went to Costa instead of having a drink and instead of having a honeycombe hot chocolate with marshmellows (mmm) I had... Get this... A sparkling water!!!

My friend was so encouraging as well, telling me I look amazing blah blah so all in all in all a very good day. Apart from getting ID'd for a diet coke. Yep, asked for ID for a NON alcoholic drink. What is the world coming to?! Haha

Gonna make some mac and cheese now with some broccoli.

Hope everyone else is having a good day!!

xx

Back