Extra Easy first week and ive been s**t. :(

cornishwed14

ive slipped up twice this week with mini binges ( maybe 50 syns) each time.

im fighting the urge to throw the towel in and skip WI monday. I really want this, and im so disappointed in myself..I mean, week one! come on..thats pretty pathetic.

that said atleast I can safely say that the thought of chocolate makes me feel sick now so maybe its out of my system for a bit.

I just really want to commit fully and get this weight off ..my girl turns 2 in august and ive been saying 'ill start Monday! ' since she was born, despite claiming id be back in prepreg jeans by her first birthday! right now id be lucky to fit my big toe in those jeans!

just need some words of wisdom or advise. I dont deserve a loss now, but the idea of having a pitiful first week loss, or worse a gain makes me want to retreat to bed with a brownie from the shame!

No don't do that because then she will be 3 and ull be saying same thing with a harder mountain to climb. I wish I started all those times I promised myself I would because now I'd be well at target. Just take one meal at a time n one day and say no. I'm now having fish from chippy no batter n peas n really enjoying it I couldn't stomach a proper fish n chips now.

I just sneaky weighed and it says im up 3 pounds. I just feel like sobbing. im so angry at myself. :-(

I can only blame myself. I am rubbish! couldn't even last my firsr week. thats it..this is a joke.i need to sort myself out!

You can do it, stop beating yourself up as its a vicious cycle if you keep telling yourself your a failure you will fail. You haven't failed you've just had a hard week, but there are plenty more weeks, plenty more days to come and you can do it! Go to WI and don't worry about what the scales say, don't worry about what other people think, just admit you had a tough week and hopefully you'll end up with loads of advice on how to handle the difficult times. We all have them, you are not alone.

ive slipped up twice this week with mini binges ( maybe 50 syns) each time.

im fighting the urge to throw the towel in and skip WI monday. I really want this, and im so disappointed in myself..I mean, week one! come on..thats pretty pathetic.

that said atleast I can safely say that the thought of chocolate makes me feel sick now so maybe its out of my system for a bit.

I just really want to commit fully and get this weight off ..my girl turns 2 in august and ive been saying 'ill start Monday! ' since she was born, despite claiming id be back in prepreg jeans by her first birthday! right now id be lucky to fit my big toe in those jeans!

just need some words of wisdom or advise. I dont deserve a loss now, but the idea of having a pitiful first week loss, or worse a gain makes me want to retreat to bed with a brownie from the shame!

Don't skip weigh in and DON'T throw the towel in. Once you'[ve weighed in, you're in a new week. Draw a line under whatever has happened this week and move on. Share your expereince with the group, say why you binged and the group will probably offer up some really helpful advice about what to do when faced with that situation again or how you could change your behaviour just slightly and not damage your weight loss. e.g. you have have a frozen curly wurly for jhust 6 syns (a full sized one) and frozen if you suck it and don't bite and chew it will take you at least an hour to eat and by the time you've finished that, it's unlikely you'd be able to eat another 44 syns, even if you tried!!

Dont skip WI as that is a downward spiral, because then you wont want to go next week or the week after. If you have gained accept it, you know why you have gained. Once you leave the room its a new week so you can start afresh you can do it. You have to ask yourself just how much you want it?

Id say plan plan plan, this works for me definitely, plan your meals a few days in advance if you can, I work my syns daily some work theirs weekly. Its what works for you. Batch cook and freeze meals then you always have something SW friendly to eat, make sure you eat your 1/3 superfree with your meals. If you fill up on these it leaves less room for the bad stuff :D

If your stuck give a shout someone will always help, there are loads of threads with recipe/meal ideas, pages with syn amounts on for you, take a look at some of the diaries and success stories, if they are not inspiration for you nothing is.

Good luck for WI and the week ahead

Please don't skip your WI last week I had a shocking weekend ate far too much and drank far too much wine ! I even text my consultant and said I would only go to WI if she promised not to do image therapy when it came to me ! I had a sneaky peak Sunday and gained got back on it for a couple of days and to my surprise when I got to WI I had lost a lb - stick with it because it works :)

Fernypops - ((big hug))

Don't give up. Stick to plan from now until weigh in - full on damage limitation, I'm talking - 2 litres of water, exercise, 50/50 veg and meat/carbs (not just a third) only snack on superfree - and finally give yourself a huge hug every day!

You can pull it back i know it- the scales are showing the bloat.

Now go and some carrot sticks and put a smile on that gorgeous face of yours xxx

Come on. Don't be too hard on yourself. Why are u binging? What's making you get to that point where you can't control it?

Start a fresh from now. Take it one step at a time, one meal at a time, and one day at a time and if you feel like a binge just sit it out for half an hour, and see if you still want the chocolate. Once you've gave yourself time to think about it you might have the strength to control it x

You'll feel more motivated if you go, I promise. I wish I had that boost from group but unfortunately even though it's only £5, I can't afford right now :(

It's your first week, yes! But your still coming to terms with it. Draw a line and start fresh, re read your books. If you throw in the towel then what? Gain when you could be losing. I'm sorry but it's the truth. I wish u all the best and stick at it. You can do it!

When I lost 4 stone the compliments were a far better feeling than food, so were fitting into size 12's.

Good luck good luck good luck!

Don't give up, just wake up tomorrow, put the binges behind you, and put on your positive attitude. Every day is a fresh start if you choose to make it one. For 6 months last year I was doing the same as you, and I put on and lost the same half stone about 6 times, as every time I failed I stopped going to group. This year I've made a promise to myself to go, no matter how bad I've been in the week, and to stay to image therapy every week, and it really does help to get you back on track... and the most important thing is that you realise that a quarter of people in the group have done the same thing each week - we're only human and we do give in to our urges now and again, but by going back to group you're making an active choice to do something about it.

I'd echo the lady above who's mentioned planning. I get my best losses when I write a menu for the week, buy only what I need for the menu, and then eat only what is on the menu... if it's not in the cupboards 50% of the temptation is taken away.

Good luck with the rest of your journey xx

thank you so much for your support..I really really appreciate it.

the first mini binge came at work. im a nanny and they buy so much naughty stuff..its a fat girls paradise. it kills me! once id had the first bite I just lost it. - not as bad as usual, I usually eat alot more and I came back and forced myself to write it all down and calculate the syn value. I need to stop myself from having that first bite that triggers me. it sends me into an eating frenzi!

today OH put his chocolate bars for lunch in the fridge. I told him it was tempting me but he said I needed to sort myself out and get some self restraint...I ate two. after nipping into 2nd job (baker in small coffee shop, also torture! ) to chat I was offered 2 of my favourite brownies....I should have said no, but following the chocolate bars I wasnt thinking straight and accepted them. told myself id eat one..give the other to OH. He didnt get one.

I have to do this. . I cant stand being this unhappy anymore. I've convinced OH to taje LO swimming tomo, I hope its quiet so I can do lengths. gonna eat lots of SF tomo and pull it back. I know I have to face the scales...it just makes me feel sick seeing 13st+ on the scales. I'd never change my daughter for the world, but in my heart I know id still be at target had I not fallen pregnant. it was just my 'free pass' to eat loads...I wont make that mistake again next time. x

Yay, you've done the right thing. We all have bad days, don't worry about it you can always start again. You actually calculated your binge? I wouldn't have even done that! So at least your aware. Good luck to you!

You owe it to yourself & your daughter, when she gets older you will want to be fit & able to play with her, forget the past, white a weekly menu, only buy the food you need for that week, also write a weekly food diary, it will help both you & your consultant if you have problems later. I still write my diary, even after 18 months, it's good to look back!
Don't give up! we are here to help you! Think of how good you will look in the summer.
Pete

Life happens - you can't do anything about the past. Even though you didn't stick to plan when you were pregnant, that doesn't mean you can't do it now. Plus having a baby is much better than being at target! ;)

You know how to do SW, you've been successful before so there's no reason why you can't do it again. Main thing is to just keep going - if you have a bad meal don't let it turn into a bad day or a bad week. Don't tell yourself off or best yourself up for 'failing', just start again next meal.

It works for me - I'm under a lot of pressure to lose weight quickly and I fall off the wagon sometimes like we all do which is mega stressful cos I don't have time for lapses! So I just pick myself up and try again. On Friday I only managed on SW friendly meal out of a day but I managed one which is better than none under trying circumstances (cake in the office, lunch out etc)! So I called that a success and had a totally on plan day yesterday which I aim to continue today.

You can do it - just keep going and don't ever tell yourself that you failed xxx

Last edited:
Back