First WI.....Meh I dunno...

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
Went for my 1st WI last night and loast 4lbs:eek: ...I know thats good but I was a bit disappointed to be fair cos Ive stuck 100% and the previous 2 times Ive started on SW I lost 7lbs and 8lbs!!!:eek:
Poo.....why do I do this to myself.....*slopes off*:sigh:

I always think that each time you restart SW, the losses get a little less first WI.
Some things stay with you....
When you first do SW, many people switch to skimmed or semi skimmed milk, stop having butter or spread, cut down on things. Each time we "stop" SW, some of the things stay with you, so you carry on having skimmed milk or not having butter. So, the changes are never quite so significant.

Even when I'm not properly following SW, I still wouldn't have whole milk or butter on toast, I still eat lots of fruit and superfree - so when I started back properly on plan I lost 2.5lb this week. I was thrilled, but would have wanted 4lb really.

So I remind myself of what I've just written here.

4lb is amazing!

4lbs is excellent for the first week and you should not let it disappoint you or compare it to the other times you have done SW for each time is different as there can be other contributing factors for example if you were eating a lot of carbs in the weeks before restarting when you had 6 to 8lbs weight loss... the reason more lightly would have been because your glycogen stores would of been a lot fuller.

This time it could be that you were retaining more water due to totm or salt in your diet or drank more water yesterday before weigh in as water weighs heavy...1 litre of water is 2.2lbs.

Whatever the reason 4lbs is a great start and well done:happy096:

Kind and true words as always!
I just beat myself up a bit i guess, as people always say it took a long time to put it on so gonna take a while to take it off too!

4lbs off is excellent, and definitely not something you should be beating yourself up about - there are a lot of people who would kill for a 4lb loss their first week, so just be grateful of it :)

Just think, if you hadn't rejoined Slimming World you could easily have put on 4lb this week - think how disappointing that would be in comparison to losing 4lb! I know which I'd prefer..

Ernie! Thought you were just a slender reed now and wouldn't be about!
How the hell ya doing then?

Im alright chick, am still relatively a slender reed but if I had buggered off from here I totally wouldn't be any more - gave up going to group but sticking around here keeps me on the relatively straight and narrower. :D

Punnet of Strawberries?

Last edited:
Went for my 1st WI last night and loast 4lbs:eek: ...I know thats good but I was a bit disappointed to be fair cos Ive stuck 100% and the previous 2 times Ive started on SW I lost 7lbs and 8lbs!!!:eek:

I had to look and see if I'd written this as I've lost 7-8lb first week when I've done SW before and just got back form my first WI and had a 4lb loss!

Weird eh Sue???

Thanks Jaxie x

i would have been so made up with 4lbs my first week. My first 2 weeks I lost 2.5lbs then it steadied out to about 1lb a week, sometimes towards target only half a pound or maintain. You have done brill, well done;):D:D

Taking into account the ups and downs of last year, I lost 9.5lb......sooooooo hope that makes you feel a damn sight better for losing 4lb in a week !!! :D

Well done :)

I lost 5lb in my 1st week but I guarantee I'll put on in week 2. It happens every time!! 5lb off, 1lb on, 5lb off, 2lb on, 2lb off, 1lb off etc etc....

Pain in the effing bum!

Don't despair, 4lbs is amazing. I lost 1.5lbs at my first weigh in. :D

Back