Fitbug ??

Is anyone else finding that fitbug isnt working properly today? :cry: Very slow and loads of the links going nowhere. Extremely frustrating:mad: - just want to check that its not my end before I start emailing them:D

Tasha

Hi Tasha

I've got on alright today, but from reading the forum, lots of people are having problems. It's not the easiest of sites to get around at the moment, I've been using the nutrition pages and I think I've got the hang of it now, but will be interesting to see if it's still all there later :rolleyes:

I think they're still ironing out all the bugs! No pun intended

Hi guys, I am really interested in getting a fitbug after seeing all of the good feedback on here! I'm just wondering, as some of you seem to be having problems, is it worth getting one off ebay or will I have to get it from fitbug to get the subscription?
Thanks

I would say DONT GET ONE FROM the ebayer seller. Go direct to Fitbug.

I think his item description is misleading as you cant access the Fitbug site and hes states you can :mad: . . I know some have been able to get but most of us cant. :cry:

I am just in the process of trying to get my money back, and starting a dispute about it. I suggest anyone who has an ebay one who like me cannot access the website does too. The more the merrier.

As it is its just an expensive pedometer.

I bought mine in good faith fully expecting to be able to get on the site after reading his description.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm with Cavy on this one. This ebay seller seems to not be responding. I understand that the actual pedometers do actually retail for quite alot. Well the Omron type 2 walking ones, my fitbug one seems to be a type 1.

I would have been happy to pay that price for just the pedometer, but it's the principal of the thing. He stated we can get on the site - we can't. I'd rather pay a proper subscription and get access to the site.

I have emailed the seller again and will be putting in a dispute also if he doesn't reply very soon. I am a right grumpy moooooooooooo:badmood: I want to come on the leeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaague. :cry:

hi coley

does your pedometer have the usb port connection at the top of the pedometer.

just wondering if you can work soemthing out with fitbug - memebership without haveing to buy bug again.

dont worry about the league - only 2 of us on there at teh moment and MD is beating me already - havent updated it today yet.

Catch you later

Just had a look on ebay - everything seems to be in order - did you guys get an installation cd -

Hi Tasha

I've got on alright today, but from reading the forum, lots of people are having problems. It's not the easiest of sites to get around at the moment, I've been using the nutrition pages and I think I've got the hang of it now, but will be interesting to see if it's still all there later :rolleyes:

I think they're still ironing out all the bugs! No pun intended

Thanks MD :) - ref the nutrition pages - I have been creating and saving a menu per day else I have found that I have lost the lot - or you go in and change one day and it changes all the others too!!!! :rolleyes:

Yup....Cavy and I got the whole box, membership card, cable, lanyard thingie, bug manager CD.....just every time we plug in the bug, it demands our username and password. We don't have one yet and there appears to be no link to be able to set one up for an exsisting bug.

Don't think fitbug will play ball with us on the sunscription thing, they give their bugs for "free" which means obviously in part you pay for it in the subscription. I'm not really willing to pay £9 a month AND have paid the ebay guy £25 for the equipment when I can get the whole lot for the £9 a month only. I don't think they'll adjust the subscription charge, do you?

waaaaaahhhhhh!!

Last edited:
are they giving the bug away free !!!!!!!!

think i paid about £30 for it - i went for the 12mth fee thing - so paying £5 a month.

hope you can get your money back or get something sorted.

Yeah....."free membership pack worth £29.95" but they do charge £9 a month or £7 a month for the year if you do it up front.

I hope I get it sorted soon......the league will be better with all us in it!! :)

:mad: :mad: I will take action against the ebayer too. Can i get my money back even though i have left good feedback already? I thought everything was in order! I paid with paypal.

I rang fitbug and they never rang back either!

:mad: :mad: I will take action against the ebayer too. Can i get my money back even though i have left good feedback already? I thought everything was in order! I paid with paypal.

I rang fitbug and they never rang back either!

You can yes, if you go to the dispute console and start a "Report an item not received or not as described"

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewDisputeConsole&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK

I cant do mine yet as it has to be 10 days passed since the sale. But will be doing as soon as that has cleared.

I have all the bits, box, instructions, pc lead etc .. but like Coley cannot access. I have messaged the seller and have asked for a refund as it was bought in good faith, but feel his description is misleading. I will post negative feedback too if get no response.

I suspect will get no response from the seller. ! :mad: :banghead:

That really sucks that you can't get onto the site and very naughty too, the item is not being sold as described, so hopefully you can take action against the seller.

Hope you do join us on the site, it'll be a bit lonely with just me & Shazza in the league :(

Me votes that we (the bunch who bought off ebay) should all just go on the fitbug site and sign up!!.....yes....currently we are £25 down, but we can still play with the little bugs whilst waiting for pretty new ones. I don't know how long it will take for disputes etc........could be ages?:sigh:

I'm off to sign up!! wheeeeeeeeeeee!!! I will get on the site this week!! :):):)

I thought about that too Coley, just wanna wait n make sure that this bug isnt gonna work. Did the fitbug Co get back to you? Did they say it wont work, or they wont allow it?

Nothing back from Fitbug either....I keep trying that link but I've given up hope!! Doesn't say much for fitbug customer service though does it? 3 promises of callbacks. None actually done. Even if they told me to sod off that would have been something!

I don't understand why they couldn't have handled it though, when I answer customer service calls I resolve the issue, not "get head office" to call back. It really isn't that difficult a problem. Please, look up the card number, tell me if there is subscription attached and set me up an account manually. Well, I don't think its that difficult......could be totally wrong though.

I'm sending the ebay seller his bug back when I get my refund sorted. I want on the site, so I'm signing up now. Just trying to find some sort of promo code.....always trying to get money off.....:D:D

Just thinking....how do you know that it's not a problem with the site, rather than a problem with the ebayer?

I bought mine off the same ebayer (I assume) and registered without a problem before the site changed.

You have to wonder if all new members might be having a problem at the moment regardless of where they bought it. I should imagine that only a few actually buy it off the site, as most people I hear from get it with their insurance.

So, there might not be anything wrong with the bug? Just the site? Or have I missed something?:confused:

Back