Flea help!

if you sprinkle salt on your carpet and leave it overnight, it will dehaydrate and kill off any eggs, and fleas. then hoover it all up. but the vibrations of the hoover cause any that have survived to hatch, so you need to do it a couple of time over the course of about 10days.

My cat is due to be treated again in about a week or so. We've since had a kitten who will be 16 weeks on Monday. He's had all his jabs, but do you think I should treat him too on the same day? Can't see any mention of flea treatment in his paperwork (Leucogen and Feligen RCP), and he was a rescue so unsure of his background. I'll be using the one from the vets again, Frontline, as that combined with the RIP spray nailed them last time.

if you sprinkle salt on your carpet and leave it overnight, it will dehaydrate and kill off any eggs, and fleas. then hoover it all up. but the vibrations of the hoover cause any that have survived to hatch, so you need to do it a couple of time over the course of about 10days.

What a simple idea, we don't have any carpet in our house only floorboards, so I've no hoover.

My cat is due to be treated again in about a week or so. We've since had a kitten who will be 16 weeks on Monday. He's had all his jabs, but do you think I should treat him too on the same day? Can't see any mention of flea treatment in his paperwork (Leucogen and Feligen RCP), and he was a rescue so unsure of his background. I'll be using the one from the vets again, Frontline, as that combined with the RIP spray nailed them last time.

Yes I'd treat both at the same time, I think you can get flea treatment specifically for kittens.

Too late now, but stronghold wasnt however much per month. You get enough for 3 or 4 months in a pack. You just need to make sure you don't miss a month.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

What I found useful reading this & another similar thread was I found out sometimes your flea treatment can stop working. Which happened in our case, many years ago we had fleas & the hard work you go through to get rid of them stays with you for ages, I never wanted to go through that again so I always do our cat each month. But for whatever reason it didn't work.

For me the best thing was getting in a man who could get rid of them.

This may be a bit late, but we had a cat flea infestation a few years ago and we had someone come from the local council to spray the place. It was cheaper than getting a private company in to do it and if you're on certain benefits, you get it dead cheap!

Also, I always use Advocate now and it's brilliant. I used to use Frontline but it stopped working.

Trace xx

Back