Florida Fit

Had an excellent December off where I had chocolate for lunch and Baileys in every coffee. Stuffed my face with mince pies, xmas dinner and a cheese board buffet at New Years. I gained 8lb.... whoops.
But I got back on it on Friday, using my new cookbook by Touch of Nom. I'm having a coffee for breakfast, then a lunch, dinner and then a breakfast for evening snack (its calorie counting) and its working really well, I'm not hungry. This morning the scales say I've lost 4lb. I'm 21.13 so I'm pretty happy with that. I honestly expected to be back up to 24st I've eaten so much haha
I've got 19 months until my holiday and id like to loose another four stone, fingers crossed. I'm also halfway saved for the money too lol, £5500, Florida is soooo expensive, but I have the money for the flight and the tickets so even if I buy nothing, don't eat out and use the hotel shuttle, I'm going 😜
I'm heading out in September vaccine permitting, we were supposed to go Sept 2020 but we bumped it out for 12mths. Price went yaaayyyy up.

It is expensive but worth it. You'll be surprised what you can do in 19mths.
I have to sort myself in 9 because I refuse to buy a new summer wardrobe. Its good to have something like that to inspire and motivate us.

Hey hun

Like you I gained a fair bit over Christmas but I'm back on it now. Well done for losing the 4lbs :)

Florida is really expensive if you are planning to do all the park and stay onsite etc.... We love it there, we've got a villa in Kissimmee. We're absolutely desperate to get back out as haven't been for over a year due to covid. 19 months will go quickly, you'll be seeing Mickey before you know it :)
We aren't staying on property, it just looks more because I price EVERYTHING, I want to make 100% sure I have enough money for anything I might want, so I obssess, I read every review for every restaurant, then I study the menu and pick what I reckon my kids would eat so I can price it up and allocate exact money for the day.
People think I'm nuts, but I just don't want to run out of money and not be able to eat out the last day or have to tell the kids we've run out of ice cream money lol
Id love a villa over there. Maybe one day, but we've bought a fixer upper over here. Got a new kitchen and an extension to build before I can worry about buying houses abroad, although I'd love to retire out there.

Wed now so day 5 and I'm 7lb down woohoo. 1st 10lb to my next target, which is my pre child no.2 weight lol

Had a fake McDonald's sausage mcmuffin last night for my snack, it was a thing of beauty for the calories.

I love Florida, Im totally obsessed with Harry Potter and I literally cried when my OH made me leave Universal
I cried when I got there last time lol, saved it until I was watching the Lion King show at Animal Kingdom on the first day. But I was just so happy id got us there and everyone was enjoying it. It was the first holiday my partner and I and my daughter had taken abroad as a family, although my son and I had been to Florida before several years earlier. This time it will just be me and 4 kids, I can't wait for my youngest 2 to go. Last time my daughter was scared of some of the rides, so I decided to let my little ones watch rides like dinosaur, haunted mansion etc, on youtube, and they absolutely love it, its often requested now in-between Mickey Mousec Clubhouse and Roadster Racers. Last night the kids got popcorn and sat and watched the fireworks at Magic Kingdom on the rug lol
I didn't get to go on any of the Harry Potter rides last time as I was pregnant, I'm desperate to get down to the size where ill fit them as they are the ones you won't fit in if you're big, and I tried the test seat and I wouldn't have fit last time, and I'm that weight now

We aren't staying on property, it just looks more because I price EVERYTHING, I want to make 100% sure I have enough money for anything I might want, so I obssess, I read every review for every restaurant, then I study the menu and pick what I reckon my kids would eat so I can price it up and allocate exact money for the day.
People think I'm nuts, but I just don't want to run out of money and not be able to eat out the last day or have to tell the kids we've run out of ice cream money lol
Id love a villa over there. Maybe one day, but we've bought a fixer upper over here. Got a new kitchen and an extension to build before I can worry about buying houses abroad, although I'd love to retire out there.

Wed now so day 5 and I'm 7lb down woohoo. 1st 10lb to my next target, which is my pre child no.2 weight lol

Had a fake McDonald's sausage mcmuffin last night for my snack, it was a thing of beauty for the calories.

I know what you mean about not wanting to run out of money. Where are you staying? There are so many fab restaurants to try for all budgets.
We brought the villa with a view of spending more time there when we retire. We rent it out now when we're not there, so atleast it covers some of the costs. I'm dying to get back there but can't see it being any time soon :(

We brought our house as a doer upper about 6 years ago, it's the best thing we ever did, we've been able to design everything exactly how we want it etc.

7lbs off thats amazing, I bet you feel great. Well done :)

I know what you mean about not wanting to run out of money. Where are you staying? There are so many fab restaurants to try for all budgets.
We brought the villa with a view of spending more time there when we retire. We rent it out now when we're not there, so atleast it covers some of the costs. I'm dying to get back there but can't see it being any time soon :(

We brought our house as a doer upper about 6 years ago, it's the best thing we ever did, we've been able to design everything exactly how we want it etc.

7lbs off thats amazing, I bet you feel great. Well done :)
At the moment we are looking at seralago because its the cheapest, and we never spend much time at the hotel, so it never worries me to go cheap. Two rooms there is still cheaper than a villa for 6 of us.

We've lived here 9 years now, its taking forever to get it right, there is always something new. I'm only just getting my new kitchen now, I thought it would be nice to open my chimney breast up to brick in the kitchen, but underneath the plaster I discovered that my chimney is being held up by half a course of bricks and a 3x3 of wood, so now I have to pay a builder to come and sort it before my house falls down, should have left it covered and been blissfully ignorant lol.

At the moment we are looking at seralago because its the cheapest, and we never spend much time at the hotel, so it never worries me to go cheap. Two rooms there is still cheaper than a villa for 6 of us.

We've lived here 9 years now, its taking forever to get it right, there is always something new. I'm only just getting my new kitchen now, I thought it would be nice to open my chimney breast up to brick in the kitchen, but underneath the plaster I discovered that my chimney is being held up by half a course of bricks and a 3x3 of wood, so now I have to pay a builder to come and sort it before my house falls down, should have left it covered and been blissfully ignorant lol.

Seralago is a good hotel, my lad stayed there for a couple of nights last year. It's right by Old Town so great location for the evenings :) Like you say it's not about the hotel, it's only somewhere to sleep and get ready to go out!

Ah hopefully you will get your kitchen and problems sorted soon. It all takes so long doesn't it and there's always a problem to be found, lol.

Had a virus or something (we still don't know what it is) in our dogs and unfortunately one of my mums dogs died and others were quite sick. Three of mine have it, but fingers crossed they are coping with it well. They tested them for corona, but its not that. I've been proper stressed out. I went to the local shop and bought 5 chocolate bars, one each for me and my kids, then I scoffed the lot before I even made it home. Decided the slimfast is just not working for me when I'm stressed, I need a diet plan where I can stuff my face with something when I need to, so I've swapped over to Slimming World today, so I'm back to keeping my food diary on here again as I can't log syns on my fitbit. Starting at 21.13 today, will see how it goes, I feel much more satisfied than usual, not sure id be able to resist the kids treats though, fingers crossed.

Breakfast: x4 bacon on x2 toast (heb) with 2tsp of marj (2syns) and brown sauce (2syns) = 4 syns

Lunch: salad with lettuce, cucumber, spring onion, tomato, cheese (hea) and light mayonnaise (3syns) = 3 syns

Dinner: chicken thighs with brocoli and chips (4 syns) with light mayo (3syns) = 7 syns

Total = 14 syns

Last edited:
I'm the same when Im stressed, can't cope without food, Slimming World is great for that, 3 freddo bars for 15 syns always helped me when I was on the verge of a binge.

I'm the same when Im stressed, can't cope without food, Slimming World is great for that, 3 freddo bars for 15 syns always helped me when I was on the verge of a binge.
Gosh that doesn't sound like enough for that amount of syns lol. I've ordered some stuff to make SW cheesecake, I can actually eat a whole one for like 7 syns or something haha

The kids wanted to make pancakes for breakfast this morning, who am I to stop them right? Tried to Google how many syns they would be but can't work it out. Will have a better look later.

Breakfast:- Blueberry Pancake (6syns) with maple syrup (2syns) = 8syns
Lunch:- chicken and bacon salad with light mayo (3syns) and some melon slices = 3syns
Dinner:- sausage casserole made with Heck Chicken Italian (7.5syns)

18.5syns total.......darn those pancakes 🥞

Last edited:
I was up super early this morning to sort my kitchen out for plasterers to come in, so I didn't have time to make any breakfast. Made up for it with a lovely big portion of lunch....yummy

Lunch: - bacon pasta with tomato, cucumber, spring onion and light creme fraiche (3syns)
Dinner:- left over sausage casserole from yesterday (7.5syns)

I've been out twice today. A new record I reckon lol.
I went to a friends for coffee (we are in each others bubble, but I still don't see her that often) it was her sons birthday, so I took gifts. And I went for a nice walk. It hurt my back a bit, but I seem to have bounced back.

Breakfast:- bacon, tomatoes and brown sauce (2syns)
Lunch:- scrambled egg on toast with ketchup (2syns)
Dinner:- chicken with coleslaw (4syns), corn on the cob with butter (2syns) and bbq beans.
Pudding:- Muller light (1 syn), meringue (2.5syns) and Alpen Bar (3syns)

Total 16.5 syns

Cold and miserable here today. Star weel had arrived and I feel awful, bloated and heavy. 22.0 bleh

Breakfast:- bacon and tomato on x2 toast(heb) with marj (2syns) and brown sauce (2syns)
Lunch:- beans and an egg
Dinner:- SW chicken and hash brown burgers (6syns) with cheese (hea) and corn on the cob
Pudding:- SW cheesecake (5syns)

Total:- 15syns

Last edited:
Star week ended about 5 days ago but it still feels like its here, I have stomach pain, bloat and I feel really stressed out. Its very bizzare and its totally ruining my motivation. I had a Chinese takeaway last Thurs and a Burger King on sat and felt awful after. I also had four scones over 2 days and now I'm 22.2, although its not as bad as I expected. I'm trying to get back into it, but I still feel pretty stressed out.
I've ordered one of those intolerance kits too as ive been reading up on pcos and a lot of people with it have intolerances that can affect their weight loss journey and cause bloating etc

Still feeling a bit weird, bloating and stomach wise. I had blueberry pancakes for breakfast yesterday and x2 pancakes for dessert later on, so maybe thats why haha.
Back on it now though.
I've just been invited to go to a Derby in July and I have to dress up. I don't do fancy, but I'm expected to wear a dress, I don't even own one. I don't wanna look like a huge blob, but its so soon (5 months) I don't know how much I'll be able to lose by then considering I've fluctuated for the past 4 months, I've really got to get my head in gear. Is it weird that I'm hoping its cancelled because of Covid 😥

Breakfast:- bacon and tomato with brown sauce (3syns)

I'm guilty of not wanting to go places because of my low self esteem. You have 5 months. That's 20 weeks to get yourself ready, to prepare.
You can do it because you're worth it. Look how far you have come. You are doing this and now you have something to aim for. Use that to motivate you. Start looking at dress styles to see if there is one you might like. Yes there are tons of different styles, if you can look beyond the body cotton styles that are there. Look for an empire cut dress. That usually brings out more flattering ideas. Get excited about it. Enjoy looking for the outfit and the motivation will come

Sorry empire waist is what I mean. Can be very flattering. I find it hides a multitude of sins😂
Thanks for the tip. I really have no clue about fashion or what would best suit me. I live in black trousers and tops, I don't venture far except to wear jeans every now and again lol.

Back