Forget Dieting: Try Weight Loss Surgery Instead!! Banner...

Sneeze

Silver Member
Is that really an appropriate banner to have on a site like this? :confused: 90% of the people on this site are trying SO SO hard to lose their weight naturally without having to undergo surgery and yet the banner seems to indicate its the easy option - it's very flippant. :mad:

I'm not saying surgery is a bad option, for many people it's the last resort. But to suggest that if you 'fail' dieting you should make the move to surgery just doesn't sit well with me. Am I being overly sensitive?

I'm not sure minimins has any control over the advertising banners does it?

I'm not sure minimins has any control over the advertising banners does it?

I don't think it's the Google banners you get that show you what you've been looking at. It does look like an internal banner.

I don't know how they have theirs set up but I work with online banners as part of my job and you generally do have to approve companies/material before it goes up....

Sneeze said:
I don't think it's the Google banners you get that show you what you've been looking at. It does look like an internal banner.

I don't know how they have theirs set up but I work with online banners as part of my job and you generally do have to approve companies/material before it goes up....

In that case yeah it's not really the most sensitive is it :(

Try not to let it bug you though! Just remember how well you're doing without needing to resort to surgery and stick your tongue out at that banner :p

In that case yeah it's not really the most sensitive is it :(

Try not to let it bug you though! Just remember how well you're doing without needing to resort to surgery and stick your tongue out at that banner :p

LOL thanks chick. I wasn't so much thinking of me (I can't see a future where I'd get surgery) but for others who are finding it very difficult and might think it's an 'easy option'.

I've heard that a lot of people fail with these surgery type things too. Apparently you need a lot of resolve to deal with gastric bypass, as you can't eat what you did.... even if you really want to. And its permanent!! Saw the surgery on embarrasing bodies and in some cases they do actually REMOVE most of the stomach... frightening.

Think I'd much rather struggle through an eating plan than subject myself to surgery, and never be able to enjoy a naughty christmas day or a big fat slice of cake on my birthday :(

Send all screenshots of the banner to me, that makes it easier for me to find. Advertising is on an automatic approval but I do my best to scroll through the available lists to remove bad advertising (those showing food, or other ludicrous ones)

pierce @ minimins.com

Pierce

okay,

That account has been blocked. The ad should stop showing.

Pierce

Thank you so much for doing this. I'm glad I wasn't just overreacting and that others understood what I meant. :)

Back