Fraggles New Atkins diary

Morning Jim.

Been using Jok n Als BBQ Sauce - it's actually nicer than normal BBQ sauce. Even hubby likes it. Not all low carb stuff tastes of chemicals after all! Yay!
Also made my first MiM - also very yummy but I think once I've used up this lot I'll switch to the golden flaxseed as the brown is a bit dark for me.

It'snice then Fraggle, I've never heard of it love

oh i tried the walden farms bbq that was wrong ill try the jok and al one though thanks xxx

Morning Fraggles :D

Morning guys :0)

Back to work today after two lovely days off. Went to Gunwharf Quays yesterday and spent way too much money on new clothes. On the plus side I managed to shop in lots of shops I wouldn't normally dream of going in and bought lots of things I thought would be too small that all fit (bar a couple of pairs of goal jeans).
This is one very happy Fraggle :0)

Nice day there then fraggle :)

It was fab apart from the rain. Would be a lovely place to go in the sunshine. I did see the sea though :)

Ooooh and I also ordered the Jillian Michaels DVDs - just need to actually do them now rather than just watch.

Also thinking of getting the new Zumba game for the Wii - has anyone used it before?

24.gif
you're all starting to make me feel bad...looks like i need to start an excercise thing too, is it working? will it tone me up?

Don't know about the DVD yet cos it should arrive today but I've found I'm losing way more in inches than I have in weight and I can only put that down to the exercise. In the last couple of weeks I've lost around 3 inches off my waist, bust and hips but only a few pounds. Hubby seems to think I look alot slimmer than when I lost last year and I was a stone lighter then than I am now.

I have bodyfat scales and they consistently say I'm gaining muscle mass and losing fat so I think exercise is the key. At the moment I am only doing spinning once or twice a week, hopefully adding in the shred I should start losing quicker.

Weigh in tomorrow and it's not looking good. Looks like I may have gained slightly so going to have to review what I'm eating to see where I'm going wrong. Clearly something is stalling me. I have a horrible feeling it's cheese - won't be happy if it is. Have used a few low carb bits and pieces so it could also be that. May have to go back to just meat and veg for a week then add things back in gradually till I find the culprit. Fingers crossed the whooshy fairy comes tonight.

Morning fraggle, if it is cheese you'll be joining a big group of us.

The only other thing I think it could be would be the Atkins advantage bars. Hoping it is as I can't imagine Atkins without cheese.
Yesterday I had as an example.
B. Advantage Bar (2g carbs)
L. Mama Lupez wrap with pork and cheese (3g carbs)
D. Sliced pork belly with cauliflower mash with cheese and boursin (8 carbs max)
S. Pepperami
W. 4 litres
E. None

This is fairly typical of what I've had this week and I never seem to get anywhere near 20g so it must be something else causing it. When I did atkins years ago there weren't really any low carb products about so they weren't an issue and I lost roughly a pound a day then. I think I'll just have to go back to basics.

On the upside I've just ordered myself some yummy brown boots as an incentive to keep going. I suspect they will be too tight around the leg but they will give me something to aim for.

Such a pain because I rarely have time to cook breakfast. I had a kabanos and a mini babybell this morning rather than have a bar. I might pre cook some sausages to have for breakfast instead.

Back