Frances' New House, New Life, New Start Diary...

Dubchick81 said:
Yea he's probably only 1/4 the size he will be when grown.. I can't wait.. I wanted a "real" dog and that's certainly what we got :D
We were talking last night and we're gona get him a play pal when we've got our own house.. Ideally he'd have got one same age as him but a year in difference won't be much.. Hopefully he can lead by example being that bit older..
Jonathan wanted to get a husky for a second dog but I think we'll stick with GSD.. :D

I love big dogs too. I absolutely adore Labradors. I'd love a husky. I met a boxer the other day who was stunning, I tried to steal her. The only problem with big dogs is big poos and big food bills. Doug costs about £5.00 a week to feed:) The only little dog I'd agree on was a Pug. I don't really like any other little dogs. I've applied to rescue a Pug coz I think he needs a friend.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I love big dogs too. I absolutely adore Labradors. I'd love a husky. I met a boxer the other day who was stunning, I tried to steal her. The only problem with big dogs is big poos and big food bills. Doug costs about £5.00 a week to feed:) The only little dog I'd agree on was a Pug. I don't really like any other little dogs. I've applied to rescue a Pug coz I think he needs a friend.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins
Yea I liek to look at little house dogs.. But I wouldn't want one.. We've always had big dogs in my house so maybe that's why.. I dunno.. I like a dog to be a dog..
Yea the poo's are grand coz that's his Daddy's job :D
So far Stringer's food costs €9 per bag which lasts 3 - 3.5 weeks.. So about €3 per week.. Plus his dentastix things... So feck all really :D
My brother has a husky.. I popped his pic up here last week.. GORGEOUS dog.. And so much like a puppy evening tho he's HUGE (I also added his pic to FB the other night laying beside my nephew).. They are FABULOUS dogs.. So freindly with the kids n all which is obviously what you need.. But OMG the shedding... I couldn't cope with that... Stringer's a short hair GSD n even his shedding if he's not been brushed in a few days gets to me (His daddy isn't great on the grooming front!!!)
We seen a belgian shepherd last week when we were out walking Stringer actually.. I'd like one of them.. Basically the same as Stringer but white and fawn in colour.. Gorgeous..

Dubchick81 said:
Aww thanks Claire.. I love me l'il puppy.. Can't wait til we all live back together and I don't have to grab 10mins here and 15mins there with him.. He was being a little fecker when we were tryna get the pic.. Kept putting his head in under my arm to snuggle and go to sleep.. ha.. he's very cute and lovable :)

Thanks Daisy :)

He looks like a cuddly teddy bear xxxxx

Dubchick81 said:
Yea he's probably only 1/4 the size he will be when grown.. I can't wait.. I wanted a "real" dog and that's certainly what we got :D
We were talking last night and we're gona get him a play pal when we've got our own house.. Ideally he'd have got one same age as him but a year in difference won't be much.. Hopefully he can lead by example being that bit older..
Jonathan wanted to get a husky for a second dog but I think we'll stick with GSD.. :D

Ohhh exciting times getting another dog :0)

Ladies.. Have decided to create an October weight loss challenge thread.. A few of us used to go this a while back.. And I thought it'd give me a little incentive to give myself a little push..
I've set my goal to losing 4LB during the month of October.. Anyone that fancies it can just add themselve to the thread (prob best to do it alphabetically) and just update on yer weigh day..
Here's the link...
http://www.minimins.com/weight-watchers/295081-october-weight-loss-goal.html#post5673158

Awe you've made me want one :) xx

awhhh dont tempt me Frances, well were guna move to A bigger house next yr .. nearer to parks n fields, coz at the mo, we live in the city centre with loads of busy roads .. etc ...... if i got one, id go to a rescue centre and adopt a dog that needs the life of a prince or princess ;)

Dubchick81 said:
He feels like one.. A hot water bottle one coz he's soooo warm :)

I know.. We'll obviously wait til we're sorted and IN our house.. But its in the pipeline :)

Great stuff,Jon would like another dog but I have enough to do looking after him lol..plus when the other two stay,three dogs are enough lol

Dubchick81 said:
Ladies.. Have decided to create an October weight loss challenge thread.. A few of us used to go this a while back.. And I thought it'd give me a little incentive to give myself a little push..
I've set my goal to losing 4LB during the month of October.. Anyone that fancies it can just add themselve to the thread (prob best to do it alphabetically) and just update on yer weigh day..
Here's the link...
http://www.minimins.com/weight-watchers/295081-october-weight-loss-goal.html#post5673158

Have joined in :0)

awhhh dont tempt me Frances, well were guna move to A bigger house next yr .. nearer to parks n fields, coz at the mo, we live in the city centre with loads of busy roads .. etc ...... if i got one, id go to a rescue centre and adopt a dog that needs the life of a prince or princess ;)
Yea we'd planned on doing that.. But seen as we wanted a particular breed of dog it limited us :( But we didn't go to anyone tryn make a mint on the pups either.. The girl we bought Stringer off only charged €80 and that was basically to earn back what she'd have spent with feeding and caring for him.. I'd never pay hundreds for a dog.. I think it just encourages people to abuse their dog to make money from them.. its encourages cruelty to animals IMO..

Great stuff,Jon would like another dog but I have enough to do looking after him lol..plus when the other two stay,three dogs are enough lol
Ha ha ha.. Yea see Jonathan's great with Stringer.. Was a bit of a pain at first (dunno if you remember that) but he's great now.. He does more than I do at the minute but that's coz he lives with him.. But I know it won't all be left to me when we live together.. And I don't/won't do half as much for Jonathan as you do for Jon :D
Have joined in :0)
Oh cool.. Welcome :)
Just a little target for ourselves.. And if you don't make target, that's ok.. Its just for incentive..

Dubchick81 said:
Yea we'd planned on doing that.. But seen as we wanted a particular breed of dog it limited us :( But we didn't go to anyone tryn make a mint on the pups either.. The girl we bought Stringer off only charged EUR80 and that was basically to earn back what she'd have spent with feeding and caring for him.. I'd never pay hundreds for a dog.. I think it just encourages people to abuse their dog to make money from them.. its encourages cruelty to animals IMO..

Ha ha ha.. Yea see Jonathan's great with Stringer.. Was a bit of a pain at first (dunno if you remember that) but he's great now.. He does more than I do at the minute but that's coz he lives with him.. But I know it won't all be left to me when we live together.. And I don't/won't do half as much for Jonathan as you do for Jon :D

Oh cool.. Welcome :)
Just a little target for ourselves.. And if you don't make target, that's ok.. Its just for incentive..

Apart from Ruby my others were free to a good home and we(well my Mum brought her for me) paid £150 for her,I love blue Staffies but they are so expensive..I could never spend loads!
Lol yes I remember with Jonathan at the start and Jon is better with Lola now but I'm the main carer..maybe one day we will get another dog,I'd have Ruby full time but the kids want her there and I couldn't take her away from them!
Lol my best friend often tells me off for doing too much for him and other friends have told me off for getting up to make his lunch for Uni lol ;0)

Apart from Ruby my others were free to a good home and we(well my Mum brought her for me) paid £150 for her,I love blue Staffies but they are so expensive..I could never spend loads!
Lol yes I remember with Jonathan at the start and Jon is better with Lola now but I'm the main carer..maybe one day we will get another dog,I'd have Ruby full time but the kids want her there and I couldn't take her away from them!
Lol my best friend often tells me off for doing too much for him and other friends have told me off for getting up to make his lunch for Uni lol ;0)
Yea see I'd never do that.. Even tho I'm up at the same as Jonathan I wouldn't make him his lunch.. He's big enough, n hairy enough..
See I looked at home much my Mam done for my Dad, and how little thanks she got.. And I swore from a young age never to be that person...
Maybe a little too much on the other side now... But that's me...
And let's face it.. It'd never dawn on a bloke to do such a simple little thing for us without being asked/hinted at.. So why the hell should we?!

OK so tonight is soap night.. Its just started lashing n its cold so defo looks and feels like a PJ evening.. I've a house viewing at 5:30pm meaning I won't get to see my house til at 6pm.. And then Kettlebells starts at 6:50pm so I won't get to even cook my dinner before I've to leave, never mind eat!!!! FML

:( i am so looking forward to getting in my PJ's!!! seriously its miserable here today! boooo! Steve has got the new FIFA game! so he will be in the spare room..............HELLO all the TV programmes i have recorded!! and snuggles with Benny!!

Your so good for going to Kettlebells!! i would love to go! must sort out my gym membership xxx

:( i am so looking forward to getting in my PJ's!!! seriously its miserable here today! boooo! Steve has got the new FIFA game! so he will be in the spare room..............HELLO all the TV programmes i have recorded!! and snuggles with Benny!!

Your so good for going to Kettlebells!! i would love to go! must sort out my gym membership xxx

I really don't want to go.. But I cancelled Wednesday so promised I'd go today to make up for it..

well if u go then you 110% own the right to do nothing for the rest of the evening and tomorrow evening! i havent earned mine so im just lazy lol!!! which house are you viewing?! xx

well if u go then you 110% own the right to do nothing for the rest of the evening and tomorrow evening! i havent earned mine so im just lazy lol!!! which house are you viewing?! xx
I know yea.. Its not even that I don't want to go to it.. Its that I won't get to sit down til after 9 or there abouts.. Dinner at 9pm?! I don't think so.. Which means... no dinner this evening for me!!
I'll only get in from Kettlebells about 8.. Then I've to shower.. Then I've to prepare and cook.. And then eat... So 9 is probably wishful thinking...

Dubchick81 said:
Yea see I'd never do that.. Even tho I'm up at the same as Jonathan I wouldn't make him his lunch.. He's big enough, n hairy enough..
See I looked at home much my Mam done for my Dad, and how little thanks she got.. And I swore from a young age never to be that person...
Maybe a little too much on the other side now... But that's me...
And let's face it.. It'd never dawn on a bloke to do such a simple little thing for us without being asked/hinted at.. So why the hell should we?!

Yea I sort of made a rod for my own back with Jon but I'm not as soft as I was and if he pushes it things don't get done for him lol
We both thank each other for a lovely meal whoever cooks but I did have to say awhile ago(that time when he wasn't doing much) that if he did do owt he'd expects thanks but he would expect me just to do it.. ie the washing up.
You stick to your guns,you've seen the other side of it so its natural not to want to go down the same road.

Back