Frances' New House, New Life, New Start Diary...

Did you count up the pp for yesterday, might not be that bad. Sweet of Jonathan to look out for you, see sometimes they do think of others :p
OMG Turnip is 0pp :eek: I was counting that the same as potato... I thought it was the same as parsnip..

Erm.. Anyone know the PP for manhattan popcorn?? My total for yesterday was 26 + them... Think they're 5???
So could have been allot worse I suppose.. And if I'd done my walk I'd have earned 3AP so would have been covered..

Yip turnip are definately 0pp. I love them. Don't know about the popcorn, but I think Sarah eats it so she'll know. Somedays 'bad days' aren't as bad as they seem :)
I think the bag I had is 50g.. And I THINK its 5pp for the bag.. Not 100%..
Hmm.. just checked my spreadsheet of things I've PP'd and it says 4pp per pack.. I had in my head they were 5pp.. Will check the pack when I go home and calculate it again..
Also, just calculated my days from Saturday (day 1 of my ww week) and i've 9 weeklies left up til yesterday.. So they're covered either way.. Not that it was even in my head.. They were taunting and I was eating them, with or without allowance :D

Still nice to know you are on target though :)
Exactly.. I'm terrible for just going "right i've had loads, surely no weeklies left, i'll just write them off"
I really should have learned my lesson by now..

I'm thinking for joing SW.. I love WW and I know it works if I put the effort in, but I think I'm gone too laxy with it.. Thinking "Oh I know this n that, I don't need to check" So I'm thinking something new will kick start my losses? I think the turnip thing kinda proves my point!! What do ya think?

Exactly.. I'm terrible for just going "right i've had loads, surely no weeklies left, i'll just write them off"
I really should have learned my lesson by now..

I'm thinking for joing SW.. I love WW and I know it works if I put the effort in, but I think I'm gone too laxy with it.. Thinking "Oh I know this n that, I don't need to check" So I'm thinking something new will kick start my losses? I think the turnip thing kinda proves my point!! What do ya think?

why dont you do simply filling?! instead of pointed WW?! basically same as SW xx

why dont you do simply filling?! instead of pointed WW?! basically same as SW xx
Yea was thinking that too.. Saves me having to pay a joining fee ha ha ha...
Maybe I'll do that and if I really want to try something new I can joing that after Christmas.., New year, new start n all that.. For now all I really want is to maintain anyway til New year (well, ideally I'd like to lose, but wtih birthday celebrations and Christmas parties etc I'd be happy to maintain)

Frances definately do Simply Filling if you are wavering. SW is fine, but its really hard to know the syns of things. Plus when I did SW years ago I lost weight fine, but if you go out or take time out you put weight on really quick. The second time I did it it didn't work for me. I really think ww is more flexible. Maybe you'd find it different but I would never go back to SW. You did well before on Simply Filling I think didn't you?

Frances definately do Simply Filling if you are wavering. SW is fine, but its really hard to know the syns of things. Plus when I did SW years ago I lost weight fine, but if you go out or take time out you put weight on really quick. The second time I did it it didn't work for me. I really think ww is more flexible. Maybe you'd find it different but I would never go back to SW. You did well before on Simply Filling I think didn't you?
TBH I enjoyed the freedom of not weighing n that but didn't really get good results.. BUT.. saying that I never really put 100% into it to get the results its capable of.. Like, I'd have been really good during the week but would have been drinking on the weekend n that.. And on that you can't really coz all yer weeklies would be gone.. But yea maybe I will give it a go..
Thank you ladies for your advice.. Its really appreciated.. This site is far more supportive and informative than any WW meeting.. Thank you :D xxx

My WW leader has suggested H&F especially for this time of year. Stews, soups etc. TBH I stay to meetings but never really 'learn' anything new but for some reason it's just really motivating I kind of try harder because someone else is weighing/recording my progress.

My WW leader has suggested H&F especially for this time of year. Stews, soups etc. TBH I stay to meetings but never really 'learn' anything new but for some reason it's just really motivating I kind of try harder because someone else is weighing/recording my progress.
Yea I get that.. I get that feeling from reporting on here whether am up or down.. I do have arguments with myself thru the week if I've been bold about whether I'll weigh in or not or if I'll wait til the next day to do my weigh in. Try fool myself with a different result.. Which I wouldn't do if going to meetings.. But I usually end up weighing in.

Getting loads of compliments on my "new" hair from everyone in work.. Even one of the lads (blokiest bloke you could meet) has complimented it.. Am getting new hair every week.. What a confidence boost

Just printed off the Filling & Healthy Food List from the Weight Watchers website.. Minced Beef, extra lean or otherwise is not on there... I always thought it was.. Goes to show just how lazy I was with Weight Watchers...

Just printed off the Filling & Healthy Food List from the Weight Watchers website.. Minced Beef, extra lean or otherwise is not on there... I always thought it was.. Goes to show just how lazy I was with Weight Watchers...

Yeah but if I remember right extra lean steak is, so if you can get extra lean minced steak that'd be grand. But when I did SF I never counted extra lean any meat and I lost grand!

Yeah but if I remember right extra lean steak is, so if you can get extra lean minced steak that'd be grand. But when I did SF I never counted extra lean any meat and I lost grand!
Yea it says braising steak, fillet steak, sirloin steak & stewing steak are all free.. Doesn't mention any of them being minced.. Then further down it says Chicken mince and Pork extra lean mince is free..
See if I'm gona do it this time, I don't want to be adjusting it, I want to do it as its intended.. By the book so to speak..
That's what I would have been doing before.. I'm sure its fine to do that and makes sense that it would be free, but when I start adjusting it to suiting me and what I buy, I think defeats the purpose..
And i'm still miffed that weetabix aren't free coz it says "wholegrain wheat cereal" and WEETabix are clearly WHEAT!!! :mad:

I understand that some minces have things added like grain to bulk them out, but thats the cheaper cuts really. I would definately count extra lean minced steak. But its up to yourself I suppose. I love lasagna with minced chicken instead of meat, yummers :)

I understand that some minces have things added like grain to bulk them out, but thats the cheaper cuts really. I would definately count extra lean minced steak. But its up to yourself I suppose. I love lasagna with minced chicken instead of meat, yummers :)
TBH I mostly use pork mince anyway.. So its not a big deal.. But I was surprised it wasn't there..
My thing would be.. I don't know if its down to whatever way its digested after its been minced, and that's why its not on it?! You know the way fruit is no longer "free" if you've blended it into a smoothy?? Although am sure 90% of people don't count it, but its technically not "free" anymore

Back