Friday Hour x Hour

x-Katie-x

Gold Member
Hurray it's Friday :D

Hoping to finish at about 1pm today so a nice short day for me (fingers crossed).

Yucky grey wet day out there but the forecast in here is brighter - I feel pretty darn good today (must be the weekend) - hope everyone else is set for a bright positive day too .... and good luck to all those with weigh ins today

xx

Good Morning one and all.

Well it's a bright, sunny morning here in Essex, although April showers are forecast for later, although they have said that everyday this week, and yet to see any!!

So glad it's Friday - although busy weekend of leaflet drops to the 1600 odd houses in my ward this weekend. As well as doing the usual stuff around the house, like mowing the lawns, but need to feed the lawns and aerate also, so may forego the lawnmowing until next weekend.

Put my old trousers on today that I used to wear everyday to work when I was at my chunkiest - will need to do it again tonight to get a photo taken - both my my legs in one of the trouser legs!

Tried on a pair of size 36s last night - can do them up, but think it might be ucomfortable wearing them all day at the moment - by the end of next week though will have to start wearing them I am sure, that'll definately mean a shopping trip though, as only have one pair of size 36s (& 34s for that matter), but will only buy 2 pairs, hardly see the point of spending a fortune when I only expect to be in them for a couple of weeks.

Anyways - have a good day y'all, and good luck with any WI today.

Morning everyone.

Sunny here. For now. ot sure what lies ahead.

I just found out last night my husband is working nights tonight, tomorrow night and working overtime Sunday night. Which means he will be sleeping all day tomorrow and Sunday. Wouldn't be so bad - except Saturday is my birthday. :( And it is the first birthday in 7 years I have not had to work. So I will be alone all day and all night. All bloody weekend. He's in the dog house. And next year I just might accidentily on purpose forget to plan anything for his. I can't even have my cake and eat it too!!!!! Grrrrr.

So I am a bit grumpy today. Sort of. Just feel a bit let down.

Hope everyone has a great day and good weigh ins and alllll that good stuff.
xx

Morning All,

Lovely sunny day in London too.

Oh BL I am sorry about your birthday!! Maybe he has something up his sleeve that you don't know about.

Blimey Corey you seem to be shrinking by the day well done.

Another busy day for me no doubt but I am loving my job at the moment so its all good.

I'm working today till 4, then tomorrow night from 5pm till 3am, then Sunday night 4pm till 12 midnight. Monday I'll be brain dead and eyes open on matchsticks! I ought to go get dresssed...good job i work from home!

Morning,
It's sunny here in Lincolnshire, but we're struggling to get moving.

We're going to Chester for the weekend to stay in a hotel but nothing has been sorted out or packed and my OH is still in bed.

Hope everyone has a good day and loses loads of weight. :D

Blimey Corey you seem to be shrinking by the day well done.

Oh I wish - I am a little naughty and weigh myself every morning - and I had 5 days in this past week where I hadn't lost an ounze.

But have to say, it is awesome to then see a few pounds suddenly go overnight!!

As you know, starting RtM on Friday 2nd May - I keep saying my first "meal" will be kippers - my friends have now dubed me going onto RtM as "Kipper Day", and have been asked several times "How many weeks to Kipper Day now? you've got to giggle!!

Corey it's great to hear you're shrinking away - looking forward to seeing the photo later, sounds like it's one for you to save.

BL that's really rotten news --- but I'm more than happy to attend a virtual party where we can have virtual cake and virtual drink! Don't you worry, no chance of us lot in here letting you have a minutes peace let alone get lonely :D

Well I got out of work at 12.00 - thought of things I should have done while driving home, came home logged onto the work system and started work again - just about to close it now for the weekend!

Hey All, hope ur well! Will be recording tonights BBC programme I tell you! I'm sure Im going to get loads people from work mentioning to me about LL on Monday morning!

BL- Sorry to hear that about ur Birthday :(. Hopefully things will work out for you in the end, as you deserve it!

About the BBC, I am very concerned about this water poisoning business, what does everyone else think?

Hi all, hope everyone good, just a quick pop in will be back on later. Well it my last foundation WI tommorow, go on to development next week, so bizzare it's over. Although I'll still be abstaining for a while. Get my measurements done and see my photos tommorow!!

Hey All, hope ur well! Will be recording tonights BBC programme I tell you! I'm sure Im going to get loads people from work mentioning to me about LL on Monday morning!

BL- Sorry to hear that about ur Birthday :(. Hopefully things will work out for you in the end, as you deserve it!

About the BBC, I am very concerned about this water poisoning business, what does everyone else think?

Hi Slim

to get water intoxication you need to drink ALOT of water in a VERY short space of time. If you drink 4 - 6litres spaced throughout the day there is no chance you can get it. Its a case of some clever (or not) reporter scare mongering.
I find it funny on Monday they will harp on about obesity on Tuesday sausages give you cancer and on Friday LL is cr@p......

My GP has said that it would be inappropriate for me to carry on with the VLCD whilst i have my fracture cos i need more calcium whilst the bones are knitting together.

She has written a note to my LLC saying that i can start RTM immediately, and that i should be adding milk into some of my shakes to up my calcium levels as well.

Seems sensible advice really. I now have to wait and see if the LL medical team will agree. Fingers crossed.

It means that i will not lose weight quickly but i will continue with the counselling and the reintroduction of food in a proper manner so that i can continue to lose weight gradually and will have empowered myself with the skills to carry on and never be overweight again.

My group are happy with me to stay in, which is great.

Sounds like a god sensible route you're taking Lemma, and you will obviously still lose weight, just while looking after yourself at the same time. Hope the LL team agree and you'll have to let us know how you're doing on RTM.

On another subject, I've just decided to change my ticker, and have a new goal. I'm a size 12-14 now and am 12st 9, also feel ready in myself to take on food again. So have changed my goal from 9st 10 to 10st 7lbs. I'll still be in the healthy range then and as other's have said they lose up to another 7lbs in RTM I think that would be a good point to move on. Little dissapointed I won't have the impressive thing of saying I lost a whole 7 stone. But think I'm nearly ready. So now I only have 30lb to go! Which doesn't really seem that much. Hopefully won't take me too long cos am looking forward to RTM.

Hi Tange,

I drink like loads of water in 1 go! I am worried now! I 1litre in a space of 2 mins, i drink like 2 litres within the hour. I have been doing this for 7 months! OMG, hope i am ok!

Really don't think there's anything to worry about there at all. Watched a tv program a while ago about an athlete who got water poisoning from drinking too much, but he had something like 15 litres in one day. The other's have said you need to have had at least 10ltrs. Think even the best of us LL'ers couldn't manage that much. It's really good for you to have alot of water. It's just all about the water to salt balance in your body (according to this program) There needs to be a balance to water to salt in your body, and if you drown the salt out with loads and loads of water you can get ill. But I cheked the packs and they have sodium in them so I guess they've been designed with the amount of water LL'ers drink in mind and have been made to keep the balance right.

Hyponatremia -Water Intoxication - The Dangers of Too Much Water

Hi Tange,

I drink like loads of water in 1 go! I am worried now! I 1litre in a space of 2 mins, i drink like 2 litres within the hour. I have been doing this for 7 months! OMG, hope i am ok!

Water intoxication would happen soon after you drink the water so you are fine. Although may be why you are so dizzy....I am no expert and that is just me hazarding a guess. I spoke to a Dr about it and he said its not usually the amount of water but how fast you drink it and as Donna said it just flushes out all the good things from your system. I am so paranoid I don't drink water for 45 mins after I have had my soups and then just little bits so I know my body is absorbing stuff....but that is just my little thing.

Thanks Tange for the advice. Ok so just to clarify, how much should I be drinking, and how often? So should i be drinking 1litre every 2 hours or what? I am getting all worried now, :(. Thank you for discussing this though!

Honestly SS don't worry about it hun. You read the link I left after my post? It seems it more applies to athletes doing long runs cos they lose alot of salt through sweating and drinking loads of water so can get inbalanced. We don't sweat anywhere near as much so I would just continue drinking water the same as you always have. If concerned I would ask your LLC but I persoanlly think this doesn't apply to us. x

We all need to remember the waterwheel analogy given to us in our early weeks in Foundation.

Now that you are on RtM Slimms, you only need to drink 3 litres per day, but let's just say for arguments sake you were still drinking 4 litres per day and you are up and about from 6 in the morning until 10 at night - that's 16 hours. Basically you are looking at drinking half a pint of water every hour - (a litre every 4 hours). Hardly anything really!

Back