From here to Eternally Slim

MLM that recipe sounds lush :drool: I'm a golf widow both days over the weekend so If I ask OH to get me some chillis on his way home today I've got everything else in.....that should keep me entertained tomorow :rolleyes: but at least I'll enjoy the end result :D

The ironing pile is about to take over the room.....so best try tackle some of it today I suppose :sigh: hope everyone else is having a more exciting day lol x

Good afternoon

Arrived back from Grenada at 9.30am yesterday morning, and took almost 2 hours for our taxi transfer back home with the m25 traffic in London..Didn't sleep on the plane, so was shattered at that point and felt a bit icky.. had an hours sleep in the after noon which helped and slept for about 10 hours last night. So jet lag over now me thinks ;).

I had a fantastic holiday and it was so hot, high 30's most days and humid too, so most of the time was spent in and out of the water or sea and sunbathing with a few trips as well around the island. Snorkeled and got stung by tiny jelly fish about 10 times, lol.. but went back in as it was so hot.. Good memories and lovely food and cocktails (it had to be done) :).

Hmmmm now for the holiday gain.. I really thought I'd gained about 12lb, lol.. with all the creamy cocount cocktails I was having each day and the bread I was eating.. but nice surprise and popped on scales this morning and looks like 9.5lb gain!! Still a huge amount but I know that will be gone in 2-3 weeks and heck.. it was sooo worth it.

Back on Plan on Monday with WI Monday night, am out this evening and tomorrow with the kids and family for meals.So can't even think about getting back to plan today.

Need to catch up on our threads..to see whats been happening with everyone.

Great to be back and look forward to speaking to everyone a bit later as well, have really missed you all. Have a lovely day xxxxx

PS MLM, nice to see you :), like the picture. Welcome to Bluebex and Pband.

Last edited:
Welcome back.

Sounds like you had a fab holiday....and don't worry about the gain, ike you said you will get that back off easily. Better to enjoy your holiday than have spent the whole time worrying and refusing yourself the holiday treats!!!

Good afternoon

Arrived back from Grenada at 9.30am yesterday morning, and took almost 2 hours for our taxi transfer back home with the m25 traffic in London..Didn't sleep on the plane, so was shattered at that point and felt a bit icky.. had an hours sleep in the after noon which helped and slept for about 10 hours last night. So jet lag over now me thinks ;).

I had a fantastic holiday and it was so hot, high 30's most days and humid too, so most of the time was spent in and out of the water or sea and sunbathing with a few trips as well around the island. Snorkeled and got stung by tiny jelly fish about 10 times, lol.. but went back in as it was so hot.. Good memories and lovely food and cocktails (it had to be done) :).
now for the holiday gain.. I really thought I'd gained about 12lb, lol.. with all the creamy cocount cocktails I was having each day and the bread I was eating.. but nice surprise and popped on scales this morning and looks like 9.5lb gain!! Still a huge amount but I know that will be gone in 2-3 weeks and heck.. it was sooo worth it.

Back on Plan on Monday with WI Monday night, am out this evening and tomorrow with the kids and family for meals.So can't even think about getting back to plan today.

Need to catch up on our threads..to see whats been happening with everyone.

Great to be back and look forward to speaking to everyone a bit later as well, have really missed you all. Have a lovely day xxxxx

PS MLM, nice to see you :), like the picture. Welcome to Bluebex and Pband.

Welcome back so glad you had great and obviously some lovely memories that you can always look back on them

hi all hope you are all well been a bit rubbish but have updated my wl diary if any one fancies a nosy!

Welcome back EF! :D Glad you had a fantastic holiday!

I've well and truely been off the wagon this weekend :/

Hello :)

Had a migraine for a big chunk of today so have hardly been able to eat much. Hope this doesnt affect tomorrows WI.

Zombie, draw the mythical line and start again. Monday is another day!

Adsnan, lovely to see you! Your losses are going great! Congrats on your club 10!

Ronnie, had a look at your diary, the jambalaya and goulash sound lovely, do you has the recipe for them or where can I find them?

Morning all!!

Well come back EF nice to hear you had a good time!! Like you said the gain will soon be off and you enjoyed yourself so def sounds worth it!!

I was a bit off plan too this weekend. Went to watch the footy on sat. Got to the pub at 4:30 and stayed there until midnight drinking vodkas and eating a kebab (i was a little bit happier with myself tho and drank diet coke from 10:00 and gave OH the whole pitta!!)

Back on track today but expecting a gain at WI tonight! :( Im absolutely shattered and could fall asleep at my desk in any moment!! My nephew is over and isnt very well (teething and a cold!!) he projectile vomitted on me sat night and i had to stay up with him and so didnt get a wink of sleep and then the same last night!!

Hope you all had a good weekend!! xxxx

Hello!

Totally unsure as to how WI is going to go tonight, but whatever will be will be. Que sera sera and all that.

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to a good 100% week of SW joy!

Hello!

Totally unsure as to how WI is going to go tonight, but whatever will be will be. Que sera sera and all that.

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to a good 100% week of SW joy!

Good luck for your WI tonight :fingerscrossed:.

Good luck MLM!! Hope its a good WI for you!!

Im going to get myself a chinese (chicken in mushroom sauce and boiled rice) after work tonight :D

Im leaving work at 5 going to homebase to buy a table with OH, going home to get my car, going to a friends to pick her and her little girl up, going to dreams to pick up a mattress, going to WI and then going to argos to pick up 24 reserved items lol

I dont have time to make anything otherwise i wouldnt be having it but its the lowest syn take-away near me out of chinese, McD, indian, subway & fish and chips!!

Hope everyones having a good day - its very quite on here!! xxxx

Helloooo :)

Thanks everyone, had a fab time and was def worth the gain (whatever that is officially, will know that later), and hey.. we only go somewhere like that once in a lifetime, so it was certainly worth the hard work of having to drink the cocktails every day.. I tell ya.. it was really hard work asking for a pina colada with rum 5 times a day, lol.

Haven't had a chance to really catch up with everyone on here, but will get to do that eventually Im sure.

Hey Pesty, chineese is def the best option and that sounds truely yummy what you are having for dinner tonight (can I join you ;) ?) Wouldnt worry about any gain this eve either, cant be anywhere near mine, lol.. a lb or 2 will be off next week, if its even that hun. We all have our times when we go off plan a little and its hard work at times sticking to it, but.. those itsy bitsy times we don't, gives us the kick to get back on plan and really go for it too.

MLM, good luck with your WI this eve, you always have good ones and I don't expect this eve to be any different.

Had a bit of bad news since school hols started, re my job.. there are 11 of 25 of us in our team at work, up for loosing our jobs, and I've recently been transferred to that team, so not looking good at all and its my main job too, so need to start looking for different agencies when the schools go back just to see how I can get into getting some hours doing a Social Work role, and look at what I need to do about insuring my loan I have incase I am made redundent. I know the whole country is under threat with chidrens services, so its not just me feeling this pressure, but sure don't make it easier when you have so many outgoings and need that wage coming in. Cest la Vie!

..and to top that all off, woke up yesterday with some sort of throat virus, lol, my voice isn't quite gone, but can't shout, so kids at work are lucky this week, lol, will need to hold behaviour cards up me thinks.

Right off to update my diary and will be back in a bit. xx

Hi All Hope you've had good weekends.

Sounds like you had a fabby holiday EF :D cant wait for mine....I fully intend to come back with an all inclusive huuuge gain lol ;)

Had some terrible news yesterday- dont know if you saw BBC news but a guy in Ilkley got hit by 3 cars and killed late saturday night....2 didnt stop, it was my OH's golfing buddy-he was out with him in a match that day aswell:(, and they were supposed to play sunday morning in a competition at the club. I still cant believe how they could just drive away like that! :mad:

Good luck to anyone who has got WI xx

EF sorry just read about your news about the job :sigh: .... hope things work out ok for you xx

Last edited:
Good luck MLM!! Hope its a good WI for you!!

Im going to get myself a chinese (chicken in mushroom sauce and boiled rice) after work tonight :D

Im leaving work at 5 going to homebase to buy a table with OH, going home to get my car, going to a friends to pick her and her little girl up, going to dreams to pick up a mattress, going to WI and then going to argos to pick up 24 reserved items lol

I dont have time to make anything otherwise i wouldnt be having it but its the lowest syn take-away near me out of chinese, McD, indian, subway & fish and chips!!

Hope everyones having a good day - its very quite on here!! xxxx

Blimey, crazy evening...you deserve a treat after that!!!! Well done on planning ahead...if it was me I wouldn't have even thought about it and ended up having the worst possible option without even trying!!!!

Had a bit of bad news since school hols started, re my job.. there are 11 of 25 of us in our team at work, up for loosing our jobs, and I've recently been transferred to that team, so not looking good at all and its my main job too, so need to start looking for different agencies when the schools go back just to see how I can get into getting some hours doing a Social Work role, and look at what I need to do about insuring my loan I have incase I am made redundent. I know the whole country is under threat with chidrens services, so its not just me feeling this pressure, but sure don't make it easier when you have so many outgoings and need that wage coming in. Cest la Vie!

That's terrible news about your job. I lost mine last year and was out of work for about three months which was an absolute nightmare.

Make sure you read the small print with any insurance that you take - you may find that as you have already been made aware of cut backs and that potentially you are at risk that you would be ineligble to make any claim if you are made redundant (I worked in banking before i was made redundant). They will look for ways to get out of paying and will probably put a clause in about you having the policy for an agreed amount of time before being made aware of any job losses....sorry to give you more bad news but don't want you to waste money on something unnecessarily.

Hopefully it won't come to that and you will get to keep your job or find a better one to replace it with :cross:

Hi All Hope you've had good weekends.

Sounds like you had a fabby holiday EF :D cant wait for mine....I fully intend to come back with an all inclusive huuuge gain lol ;)

Had some terrible news yesterday- dont know if you saw BBC news but a guy in Ilkley got hit by 3 cars and killed late saturday night....2 didnt stop, it was my OH's golfing buddy-he was out with him in a match that day aswell:(, and they were supposed to play sunday morning in a competition at the club. I still cant believe how they could just drive away like that! :mad:

Good luck to anyone who has got WI xx

That's awful news dizzy. Hope you and your OH are ok x

CD, my condolences to you and your OH, must be a terrible shock to you all. (((hugs))) Wishing you strength xx

EF, not the best news to come back to, but will be keeping my fingers crossed that things work out for you. xxx

Back