From Maximus to Minimus - coming soon!

Gosh I'm really struggling with extra easy for the whole week!

I miss the flexibility of 2 of each HEX's! - it is alright doing the odd extra easy day.

Oh well, hopefully feel better after a gorgeous fillet steak with mixed veg & new potatoes.

Maximus,

Do you know you have been immortalised in the latest Disney film? Took my girls (as in daughters and not some strange posse!) to see Tangled and lo and behold, but who should be on e of the main characters, only our Maximus!!!

Now, im afraid to say that you arent the main character, nor the Prince Charming or even the loveable rogue, no Maximus is ..............

The HORSE!!!!

But obviously a very svelte and handsome one!...........................

I can live with that, I used to be the Mighty Quinn (surname) but now I'm not so mighty lol.

I lost a stunning half pound this week haha.

I feel I'm stuck in a rut - this might be my last entry on here for a while. I need to get back to my regime as possibly spending too much time on here.

Please don't worry if I disappear for a while. It is planned and I've not fell off my perch or shuffled of this mortal coil. I'm planning more evening activities, exercise and swimming.

Hopefully I'll be back re-invigorated (is that even a word?) and might lose the stubborn 2lb for a 3st SW sticky.

hope your 'evening activites' do the trick for you! Just remember that your weight loss you have already achieved is phenomenal and that you have inspired many people to follow your lead and get on and do it, especially me.

So hope your back in no time with your 3 stone sw award, but actually that will take you over 70lb in total. now, thats real success and very mighty!!!

Hello again - I'm back and this time it's final workout for holidays.

I fly to Florida 8 weeks today so will hope to get a bit more toning and weight off in the next 56 days.

I'll see exactly what's what at weigh-in on Wednesday and see what mini-targets I need to set myself.

Made one costly error recently - or rather a few! - I thought my trainers with ill-fitting and inappropriate socks would make do for a 10 mile indoor walking session (treadmill @ 3.5 mph) - the outcome of that was severe blistering and bruising, missing the next two gym sessions and today's ramble with the local group - although my current cold would have meant I missed it anyway, but not taking any chances.

Lesson learned and no more "make-do-and-mend" for me - new gym kit already sorted.

My latest crackpot idea is to be swimming - a great combination of exercise and fun!

Hi Steve,

Welcome back. We missed you. Countdown to Florida is exciting :).

Hope all is well with you.

Gail x

Hi Gail

Good to be back:D

Will see how intense the countdown is at WI tomorrow night! - My target is still 11st 4 which will mean a manic last 8 weigh-ins! depending on what I weigh tomorrow of course.

I also have the quandry of what to do whilst in Florida. I know potentially with the food over there I could do some serious eating! I also understand I could ruin the holiday by being too careful! - add into the mix we have the free Disney Dining Plan (food is included for anyone who doesn't know what this is)

Healthy options and choices are do-able in Florida, but so is bingeing! - hopefully all the walking in the parks and swimming will help me stay in control.

I knew I should have went to China! lol

Oh Steve,

I completely sympathise with you about the food in Florida. Last time I went (October last year) I had such good intentions which started out well, but didn't finish as well ! However I managed to STS overall obviously because I had been so active.

I'm off to Florida in June with the family so I will have similar difficulties. However we are staying in a villa (self catering) with my sisters kids there too so we are unlikely to be out every night and my family generally eat quite healthily (and will hopefully try and support me while we are there). So whilst the daytimes are likely to be difficult, hopefully breakfast and the evenings should be okish ?????? (or maybe I'm being overly optimistic). Anyway, I have 3 trips to Florida this year (eeeeeek !) for various reasons so I am going to have to get used to it........

Although the buffet will present you with some dilemma's (if you're anything like me), in my experience the buffet stuff in the USA tends to usually have some salady/fruit stuff so hopefully you can put those on your plate and then fill round them rather than the other way round (which is usually what I end up doing !).

How exciting though :D. Good luck for tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Gail x

Yes, going in a villa in September - we always eat out over there - it's so cheap and rude not to!

Buffets will be fine, plenty of salad and grilled chicken - or "broiled" as they say over there. I'll try and eat as healthily as possible though - it is in my psyche now.

Looking for good steakhouses too - feel free to recommend any good eateries. PM me as not fair to the others and certainly not conducive to weight loss lol

Woohoo! - after a couple of weeks out, returned tonight like the proverbial prodigal son and took off 6lb - I'm now at my lightest adult weight (probably since I was 14!) and took a 3st sticky:D

SO with 7 more weigh-ins until my holiday, I have 10lb to hit target. I can almost touch it, but I also appreciate it will be stubborn!

Steve

Wow. That's amazing discipline when you weren't going to class. Fantastic. I am so excited for you :) being so close to target. What is your total loss now ?

Gail x

Wow. That's amazing discipline when you weren't going to class. Fantastic. I am so excited for you :) being so close to target. What is your total loss now ?

Gail x
well, it is five-and-a-half stone since beginning, but only 3st 4lb on SW. - so I decided the 4st sticker would also be my target weight (11st 4lb) I will see then if that is my final target, or whether to go higher.

Well done on a continuing fantastic weight loss!

It must be quite overwhelming being at your lowest adult weight, well done on getting there and I sincerely hope you make your target weight before hols. All the best.

Thanks Fayhamy. Not sure if I am overwhelmed, I am certainly quite amazed at times.

Today I went for some shorts, both for holiday and gym use (bear in mind of late I am contantly having to renew clothes) Typically, there were no medium sized shorts available in the type I wanted (short shorts - not the Bermuda/beach type).

The assistant went to find some in a medium for me and suggested I tried the small in the changing rooms. When I returned, she had found me 4 pairs in medium (one of each colour) - meanwhile I was amazed to be purchasing 4 pairs (white, black, green & grey) sized small! - this amazes and freaks me out at the same time lol - even when I go to fasten/zip 34in trousers now I expect that "oh no" moment - it doesn't happen - it's great.

Even though I am not happy with my "mid-section" and probably never will be, it is sufficiently reduced to comfortable take 34in waist trousers.

It is still a surprise, still amazes me. The money I previously wasted on gadgets & stuff now goes on clothes.

These moments seem to be happening on a daily basis. Not sure how to explain it, but these moments are the payback for all the hard work put in earlier. In those early days when saying no to chips, cake, biscuits etc. seemd to make little difference - they've all added up into this massive total loss!

Days when I had black coffee instead of white if I 'd used my Hex A milk allowance. All the sugar I've not had because of sweeteners etc. all of these seemingly little differences in the end have made a huge difference!

Oh and they continue to do so.

Steve,

What a lovely post. I am so pleased for you. Wow - to be buying 'small' clothes. What a fantastic achievement - I bet you never thought that would happen when you started this back in July last year ?!

'Only' 3 stone 4lbs on SW - you are JOKING. People would give anything for that kind of loss :p But a total of 5.5 stone is just amazing.

So, those rewards that you are now reaping for the efforts that you have put in - you completely and utterly deserve it. I'm so chuffed for you :D

Gail x

Hi Steve!
I have an 8 week swimming plan if you would like :D

Good luck this week xx

Back