From Maximus to Minimus - coming soon!

Thanks Lynne

I know what you really meant was "Steve you're way to young-looking to be a grandad" - I'm claiming that as a non-scale victory:eek:

Of course hanging around with oldies makes me appear younger, right Dawnie?

;)

Hmmmm:hmm: ...

I wouldn't know hunni :confused:

Hanging around with youngsters such as Sarah and me must've made you feel proper ancient like! ;)

What with us being so much younger than you...:Na_Na_Na_Na::bolt:

Steve,

You ate chocolate cake! :eek:

You've made me realise that you are not superhuman after all, which I was beginning to think you were with all the body magic, 100% days and chucking away the booze. I had to go for a lie down when you said that. Why didn't you just hang onto it and give it me in a couple of weeks?

Steve,

You've made me realise that you are not superhuman after all, which I was beginning to think you were with all the body magic, 100% days and chucking away the booze. I had to go for a lie down when you said that. Why didn't you just hang onto it and give it me in a couple of weeks?

Bev, we could have divvied it up between us :D

Sounds like a good weekend, and you managed to resist temptation which is also good :p *wiggles eyebrows*

I love a good steak, nowt like it :)

Me too! - I never used to even like steak as thought it was too tough! - later discovered it was because when I tried it when younger it was "cooked" by dad, who only believes in cremated and probably cheap cuts that were only fit to sole boots!

I only eat fillet steak (at home) or if at a restaurant, ribeye.

Steve,

Well, it was because the bairn was over the moon having made his first cake. It was more importance for his confidence than my extra few syns. He is a twin and a very nice young man who struggles to get any limelight because of his outgoing twin sister. 'Cos despite what you might read or here, I'm a good guy;)
Bev, we could have divvied it up between us :D
Don't you think two divvies is sufficient?:p

Maximus said:
Me too! - I never used to even like steak as thought it was too tough! - later discovered it was because when I tried it when younger it was "cooked" by dad, who only believes in cremated and probably cheap cuts that were only fit to sole boots!

Well, it was because the bairn was over the moon having made his first cake. It was more importance for his confidence than my extra few syns. He is a twin and a very nice young man who struggles to get any limelight because of his outgoing twin sister. 'Cos despite what you might read or here, I'm a good guy;)

Hi Steve,

I love a big juicy steak...not too bothered which cut it is just as long as its medium cooked. I always used to have it "cremated" as well...just too scared to try it with a bit of pink in it...but I finally plucked up the courage and now I wouldn't hav it cooked any other way.

And big brownie points Cousin Steve for eating the lads cake hunni...even tho you never normally touch it. What a hero u are! Not sure I could've been so altruistic... ;)

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

I love a big juicy steak...not too bothered which cut it is just as long as its medium cooked. I always used to have it "cremated" as well...just too scared to try it with a bit of pink in it...but I finally plucked up the courage and now I wouldn't hav it cooked any other way.

And big brownie points Cousin Steve for eating the lads cake hunni...even tho you never normally touch it. What a hero u are! Not sure I could've been so altruistic... ;)

No need for that sort of language! - I assume you've been speaking to Sarah again using such vocabulary;)

:heartpump: Happy St. Dwynwen's Day!:heartpump:

Aah. St Dwynwen, the Cupid of the valleys no less lol. Or put another way, the Welsh equivalent of St Valentine's Day (for Lou).

Hapus Dydd Santes Dwynwen i gariadon ar hyd a lled ywlad!

That is meant to wish happy St Dwyn's day to lovers all over the principality:cool:

Ok enough of this frivolity and stupidity. I've decided to wind this diary, or rather these pages down. I'm not able to spend as much time on here as previously. I also wish to make the most of my spare time on other things and to be honest, sitting at the PC is not exactly helping my weight loss.

I'm not leaving minis altogether, I just hang around the off-topic section (where everyone is entitled to my opinion lol) as well as the odd cheeky remark on various diaries.

I'll perhaps post weekly updates on here, but as this is primarily a weightloss forum and I am still some way from my target, I feel as though I will have more to say when I've gotten there.

I never intended the diary to last this long (or SW come to think of it) and expected even less to bump into such a lot of mad like-minded people who like to have a laugh on the way and not entirely wrapped up in weightloss only. It does prove some welcome release, escapism if you like.

I tried limiting it to an hour per day/evening, but to be honest it takes almost an hour - often more, just to catch up with diaries:eek:

I do look forward to reaching target and then setting up a maintaining diary page - something I've failed to achieve despite reaching 3 various targets!

Many thanks for all the people who have read and contributed to these pages, and of course those who continue to read and contribute to them. Looking back from the beginning a lot have come and gone - the nature of diaries, forums and "trends"

Looking back to December 28 when I started the diary, Trefoil (whatever happened to Ruth?) posted on that first day, as did the lovely Gail. Sassy Sarah, and Val (who both reached target themselves) were also on the first page. I had a look earlier and was happy with 36in trousers and Medium tops at that time.

The day I started the diary I was 13st 1lb - today I am 11st 4lb - the trousers are now 32in and the tops are Small. - incidentally, that was the last time I was 13st as the next WI I was 12st 13.5 lol. So 25lb lighter than when I started the diary, although I did weigh 10.8 ironically on the date 10.8 (2011).:cool:

See you all on respective diaries etc. - oh and in the other sections too as there's loads more to minis than the diaries;)

Thanks for all the support and laughs on the way folks - oh and all the crap jokes were SkinnyDawn's, all the sarcasm was SassySarah's and any bits of inspiration or intelligence I may have accidentally shown were Gail's. As for corruption LouLou (so glad we have those dodgy texts lol)

I'm missing WI tonight, as I have a few other things to "put in place" (fail to prepare, prepare to fail). I have had a 100% week so not feeling as if I am hiding from anything;) - besides, with my 8lb loss to date, I would prefer one of the newbies got the SOTM award:)

Remember I'll be lurking from time to time

Stalker Steve
x

See you around Steve :)

St Dwynwen's Day is celebrated in Wales on 25 January. But who was St Dwynwen?
StDwynwen.gif
St Dwynwen is the Welsh patron saint of lovers, which makes her the Welsh equivalent of St Valentine.
Dwynwen lived during the 5th century and was one of the prettiest of Brychan Brycheiniog's 24 daughters. Dwynwen fell in love with a prince called Maelon Dafodrill, but unfortunately her father had already arranged that she should marry someone else.
Dwynwen was so upset that she could not marry Maelon that she begged God to make her forget him. After falling asleep, Dwynwen was visited by an angel, who appeared carrying a sweet potion designed to erase all memory of Maelon and turn him into a block of ice.
God then gave three wishes to Dwynwen. Her first wish was that Maelon be thawed; her second that God meet the hopes and dreams of true lovers; and third, that she should never marry. All three were fulfilled, and as a mark of her thanks, Dwynwen devoted herself to God's service for the rest of her life.
She founded a convent on Llanddwyn, off the west coast of Anglesey, where a well named after her became a place of pilgrimage after her death in 465AD. Visitors to the well believed that the sacred fish or eels that lived in the well could foretell whether or not their relationship would be happy and whether love and happiness would be theirs. Remains of Dwynwen's church can still be seen today.
LlanddwynIsland.jpg
The popularity and celebration of St Dwynwen's Day has increased considerably in recent years. In 2003 The Welsh Language Board had bi-lingual English-Welsh cards printed which were distributed by Tesco stores throughout Wales.
So why wait until St Valentine's Day to make your romantic feelings known, when you can wish your loved one 'dwi'n dy garu di ' (I love you) three weeks earlier?

Sorry to see you're winding down your diary but do understand. I hope you have time for the odd visit to mine to let me know how you're getting on. I really appreciate all the support you have given me and of course, my lovely soup book:D. I am happy to report I am finally on track and going for it! Speak soon I hope, Jane x

Adios mi amigo. Sad to see you go but I'm sure your harem will still pop in to see how you are doing! :wave_cry:

Back