From Shabby to Stunning restarting 14 Jan 2013

pika1973 said:
Hi Glam Up I've been following sw for 7 weeks now and I also take each day at a time. I follow mainly green days plus I have set myself 1 stone targets and once I reach them I treat myself to something I bought a watch with my first 1 stone weight loss. Another tool I use is for each pound lost I put £1 in a tin so when I reach my goal I can buy myself a whole new wardrobe. Glad to see you are now back on track :D

Hi Pika, what a good idea.
I need to buy so many things. I have become such a frump. I don't even own any makeup!
I'm not attending SW classes, so that's very doable. Maybe an additional 50p for every visit to the gym!
Well done with your weightloss :)

So today I plan to have the following. Still feeling motivated. Even plan to go back to the gym today - although my legs are still aching. Think I overdid it at Bodypump on Monday!

Thursday 2 August (EE Day)

B: 35g Asda Swiss Style Muesli (HEB) + Semi-Skimmed milk (HEA) + banana + nectarine
L: M&S Edamame soya bean salad (2 syns) + mackerel fillets in brine + kiwi + pear
D: Prawn & Veg Curry (5 syns as made with LG Jalfrezi Sauce) + basmati rice + half a naan bread (roughly 5 syns)
:eek:
Treat: M&S Passionfruit Mousse (4.5 syns) + Weetabix Oaty Bar (3.5 syns)

Exercise: Planned to do C25K W3R2 (so busy at work didn't get the chance!)
Water: 200ml (hardly drank any!)
Total syns: 20 syns

Last edited:
hi glam-up, i agree about feeling fat and frumpy and eating everything in sight.ive not been sticking to sw or writing down and i thought i must have put on pounds but it was only half a pound on... going to focus on it properly as of now,i so want to wear all my nice clothes that dont fit .21 weeks to xmas ,ta for reminding me,21 lbs would be lovely to get rid of by then.i might get in my nice size 16 jaeger coat (never worn).
i wore make up on tuesday ,it seems a long time since i wouldnt leave the house without it.i feel so much better when i bother.
well done with staying at it.just keep going till xmas thats what im telling myself ,and 2013,ive got a lot more to lose than you.
best wishes daisy

i wore make up on tuesday ,it seems a long time since i wouldnt leave the house without it.i feel so much better when i bother.

Thanks cupcakedaisy.
Well done for wearing make-up!
I haven't got that far yet, just trying to wear perfume everyday (got that tip from another forum) and keep my hair and eyebrows groomed. I look so much better when my hair is tidy and my eyebrows have been threaded :)

Little bit disorganised this morning. Forgot my breakfast, so bought a pack of wholemeal rolls and cherries from the supermarket. Also bought lunch - which after scrutinising the ingredients - I guess it's syn free (apart from the dressing). Didn't go to the gym yesterday - was so busy. Quite gutted, as I promised to go to the gym every weekday - at least whilst the Olympics is on :D

Friday 3 August (EE Day)

B: Wholemeal Roll (HEB) + banana + cherries (ate the whole pack!)
L: Tesco Rice/Prawn Salad (3 syns for dressing) + F/F Yogurt
D: Diet coke chicken with new potatoes - it came out right this time, was delicious!
Treat: Penguin + Galaxy Cookie Crumble Cake Bar

Exercise: C25K W3R2
Water: 500ml
Total syns: Probably about 20
:(

Last edited:
Glad to see you're doing well, my lovely. I want you chasing me down to the 10s very soon - I know you can do it!

I definitely agree that when you feel better, it's easier to eat better. I always find it easier to refuse treats at work when I'm wearing an outfit I feel really confident in. I'm strutting my stuff in skinny jeans and a size 12 jacket today - totally loving it! lol.

Hope you have a fab weekend xx

Thanks cupcakedaisy.
Well done for wearing make-up!
I haven't got that far yet, just trying to wear perfume everyday (got that tip from another forum) and keep my hair and eyebrows groomed. I look so much better when my hair is tidy and my eyebrows have been threaded :)

hi love,i never wear perfume anymore,mostly because im too poor now for the ones i like.i bought a bit of new make up recently when boots did a 3 for 2.i dont know if youre younger than me,im 45 (eek),but the make up seems a lot better than a few years ago.i got rimmel concealer in a tube,its fantastic how it blends,i also got 2 very sheer lipsticks from loreal,its very light and it just makes you look a bit more alive.i have to do my eyebrows every week but have always stayed on top of that.
im having trouble getting back into sw.going to make soup today i think and bread rolls to freeze .got a pinapple begging to be cut up too.
daisyx

hi love,i never wear perfume anymore,mostly because im too poor now for the ones i like.i bought a bit of new make up recently when boots did a 3 for 2.i dont know if youre younger than me,im 45 (eek),but the make up seems a lot better than a few years ago.i got rimmel concealer in a tube,its fantastic how it blends,i also got 2 very sheer lipsticks from loreal,its very light and it just makes you look a bit more alive.i have to do my eyebrows every week but have always stayed on top of that.
im having trouble getting back into sw.going to make soup today i think and bread rolls to freeze .got a pinapple begging to be cut up too.
daisyx

Just a bit younger than you :). But I think I look older that I am.
My clothes are not particularly fashionable either. I just buy clothes to cover up.
Don't even own a pair of skinny jeans :eek:

Good idea about the makeup, when it's on offer.
A nice lipgloss, mascara and eyeliner should hopefully make me look a bit better!

One of my goals is to have a 100% weekend, but didn't do too well on Saturday.
I think I need to keep more fruit at home, so that I can have guilty free snacks.

Ate well, but definitely had about 25 syns!!

Today, I hope to do better :)

Hey lovely,

How was your Sunday? Did you hang in there on plan?

xx

Hi Miss_Corset, thanks for checking up on me.
Sunday wan't too good. Managed to eat loads of bread (don't know why, as I don't normally crave bread!)
Silly me, I didn't write down my food, and I can't remember what else I ate :eek:

Monday 6 August (EE Day)
B: Banana + 35g Muesli (HEB) + Semi Skimmed Milk (HEA) + Clementine
L: M&S Edamene Soya Bean Salad (2 syns) + Extra Lean Honey Roast Ham
D: Basmati Rice + Stewed Chicken (5 syns for oil)
Treat: Sour Cream + Chive Baked Potato Crisps (4.5 syns)

Exercise: Walk/Jog 2KM
Total Syns = 11.5 Syns

Tuesday 7 August (EE Day)

B: Banana + 35g Muesli (HEB) + Semi Skimmed Milk (HEA) + Nectarine
L: M&S Santini Salad with French Dressing (3 syns) + Extra Lean Honey Roast Ham + M&S COU Fat Free Yogurt + grapes
D: Basmati Rice + Stewed Chicken (5 syns for oil)
Treat: Twister Ice Lolly (not sure, probably about 4 syns)

Exercise: Zumba (loved it)
Total Syns = 12 syns

Last edited:
Was feeling a bit despondent yesterday, as I weighed in and STS...
However, I can now see the benefits of a food diary - I realised that I had about 130 syns last week.
So will definitely make an effort to have less this week, and see what happens :)

Hello lovely,

STS isn't the end of the world - I've had a few weeks like that. Are you measuring? You may have lose some cms?

My food diary has totally been my saviour. I know after a few weeks some people say it's unnecessary but I definitely think mine helps me stay on track and stops me sneaking in extra syns! Try writing yours every day this week and see if it helps...

xx

Thanks Miss_Corset, you might be on to something...
My trousers are quite loose at the waist - need to buy a belt :eek:

Wednesday 8 August (EE Day)
B: Banana + 2 Slices of Wholemeal Bread (HEB) + Nectarine
L: M&S Santini Salad with French Dressing (3 syns) + Mackerel in a chilli sauce + grapes + mullerlight yogurt
D: Tuna Bolognese made with LG Tomato & Chilli Sauce (5 syns) + Jacket Potato + Cheese (HEA)
Treat: Butter on my toast :)

Exercise: None Planned
Total Syns = approx 15 syns

Last edited:
Definitely feeling better with this plan, my trousers are feeling looser and I've really been enjoying my gym sessions.. but still haven't got the eating plan nailed. The one thing I have learnt, and will try and implement, is planning!! I realise that if I don't plan, I end up eating whatever's available The other thing is to stop wasting syns on silly things. For example, should make the pasta sauce - rather that wasting 5 syns on a shop-bought one or wasting syns on salad dressing, when I could happily use F/F French dressing... Well actually, I wouldn't happily use F/F French dressing, but I'm sure I could make do!

Thursday 9 August (EE Day)
B: 60g Wholemeal Roll (HEB1) + 2 LC Cheese Triangles (HEA1) + Nectarine + Pear
L: M&S Santini Salad with French Dressing (3 syns) + 2 Boiled Eggs
D: Classic Spaghetti Bolognese + 230g New Potatoes (HEB2) + RF Cheese (HEA2)

Exercise: Forgot my kit at home
Water: 500ml (really struggling with drinking water, or any fluid)
Total Syns: 3 (but had some cashew nuts - too scared to count the damage!!)

Hello lovely! Glad you're feeling good! I totally agree about planning - that's been the absolute key for me. That only problem with this diet is being able to get lunches or whatever if you've got nothing in the fridge because shop bought sandwiches etc are disastrous for syns! I'm getting good now though at doing a proper shop each week and really stocking up on enough free and super free to get me through 'til Friday! xx

Have been enjoying the lovely weather and the Olympics a bit too much and haven't been strictly sticking to plan.
Weighed myself this morning - not on the Boots scales, and it seems I've lost 3lbs... So excited.
Have a meal tonight with some friends, so will try and choose wisely... but back on plan tomorrow
:)

Have been enjoying the lovely weather and the Olympics a bit too much and haven't been strictly sticking to plan.
Weighed myself this morning - not on the Boots scales, and it seems I've lost 3lbs... So excited.
Have a meal tonight with some friends, so will try and choose wisely... but back on plan tomorrow
:)

hi glam-up,
good attitude ! weekends are hard,i went over my syns last nite a little bit but im doing better than the last couple of weeks.well done on - 3lbs.
im going to try and be good,just off to manchester for 3 days.thursdays my weigh day.
daisx

Back