From Shabby to Stunning restarting 14 Jan 2013

hi glam-up,
good attitude ! weekends are hard,i went over my syns last nite a little bit but im doing better than the last couple of weeks.well done on - 3lbs.
im going to try and be good,just off to manchester for 3 days.thursdays my weigh day.
daisx

Thanks Cupcake. Good luck for your WI on Thursday x

OK, so have forgotten my gym kit, and am feeling soo cold in this office, that I've convinced myself to have a nice hot soup from Eat.
Really struggling to get back on plan :(

OK, so have forgotten my gym kit, and am feeling soo cold in this office, that I've convinced myself to have a nice hot soup from Eat.
Really struggling to get back on plan :(

hi,
soup cant be that bad can it ? it really helps when its sunny,i just want to eat lots of peaches and cherries then.rotten day,son has failed his A levels,it was always going to happen,he's in a dreamworld.at least i weighed myself and ive gone down ! just remembered dentist at 4 for torture session....
x daisy

hi,
soup cant be that bad can it ? it really helps when its sunny,i just want to eat lots of peaches and cherries then.rotten day,son has failed his A levels,it was always going to happen,he's in a dreamworld.at least i weighed myself and ive gone down ! just remembered dentist at 4 for torture session....
x daisy

Yes, I hope it won't be too bad. I'm the same, find it easier to eat less when it's warm outside. Sorry to hear about your son's exams.... Well done on the weight loss and the good luck for the dentist x

Yes, I hope it won't be too bad. I'm the same, find it easier to eat less when it's warm outside. Sorry to hear about your son's exams.... Well done on the weight loss and the good luck for the dentist x

ive just worked out ive lost 2.5 !
seems to be working again.x

OK, so I've drawn a line under the past week, and am back on plan.
So disappointed with myself, but never mind. I guess I'm a 'quitter'
:break_diet:

Anyway, today I feel like it's worth making the effort to get to 10 stone.
I can go from Shabby to Stunning, I just need a lot of work
So it starts today.

Had a nightmare weekend. The fridge/freezer has broken and until I can a new one delivered, we are basically without a fridge. Hoping to get one by the end of the week, but we have an integrated fridge/freezer, so still need to a) pay someone to fit it or b) try and fit it ourselves.
Anyway, I won't let that stop the plan. I'll buy dinner on the way home from work, and cook it immediately. Just means that I can't keep any leftovers.

So today (Tuesday 28 August) is Week One, Day One of my new start. Planning a 'red' day.
This morning I took a few measurements, and am hoping these will change drastically by the end of the year.
I have an awful shape, well I don't have a shape, as the stats below show:

Bust: 39"
Waist: 38.5"
Hips: 43.5"

So apart from getting to 10 stone, I need to keep the size of my bust and hips and lose my waist. Not sure if that’s going to be possible, but hope the C25K plan and regular gym classes, will help me whittle my waist.

Breakfast: Banana + 250ml of SS Milk (HEA) with 35g of Fruit and Fibre (HEB) (actually quite like this). I even measured the milk!

Now off to the bank to see if I can still afford the fridge/freezer and then off to M&S to get some SW friendly lunch!

Last edited:
OK, so I changed yesterday's Red Day into an Extra Easy Day, so I could have couscous with my yummy chicken ratatouille.
Managed to order the fridge - due to be delivered on Friday, so will do a big shop on Saturday.

I'm definitely an emotional eater, was upset about the fridge/freezer and I thought I had lost by debit card.. so do you know what ran through my mind ... cheesecake! But I resisted!!
So food yesterday was:
Lunch: M&S Santini Salad with French dressing (3 syns) + Mackerel Fillets in a Chilli Dressing (4.5 syns)
Snack: Bunch of grapes with a WW Toffee Dessert Yoghurt (free - and quite nice)
Dinner: Chicken Ratatouille (made with passata, onions, garlic, courgettes and chilli) + plain couscous

Total Syns: 7.5
Exercise: None (couldn't face the gym after work)
Water: 500ml

Positives for Tuesday:
Found my Debit Card - was in my other handbag.
Also managed to take my BP medication.... My new rule is that I'm not allowed to eat anything until I've taken my medication!!

Well done for resisting the cheesecake! Your chicken ratatouille sounds yum! Is it bad that it's 9.38 and I'm hungry already? I'm in meetings most of today so won't have time to think about food, hopefully! lol.

Have a good day xx

Well done for resisting the cheesecake! Your chicken ratatouille sounds yum! Is it bad that it's 9.38 and I'm hungry already? I'm in meetings most of today so won't have time to think about food, hopefully! lol.

Have a good day xx

Thanks Miss_Corset. Have a good day too x

Well done on making the decision to get back on track, we are all in this together!!

OK yesterday was Week 1 Day 2 and I did a RED day.

B: Banana + 35g Fruit & Fibre (HEB1) + 250ml SS Milk (HEA) + Pear
L: M&S Santini Tomato Salad + French Dressing (3 syns) + Mackerel Fillets
S: WW Strawberry Tart Yogurt + Blackberries
D: Spicy Tuna (made with chopped tomatoes, onions, chilli peppers) + Jacket Potato (HEB2)
Treat: Hot Chocolate (5 syns??) from work vending machine + Handful of Toffee Popcorn (5 syns??)

Exercise: Did LBT (Legs, Bums & Tums), didn't really enjoy it, but did find it quite difficult.
Water: Didn't drink much
BP Medication: Taken as directed

Syns for today: 13
Total Syns: 20.5 out of 105

Last edited:
Thursday 30 August Week 1 Day 3: EE day

B: 2 Weetabix (HEB) + 250ml SS Milk (HEA) + Fruit Medley (pineapple, kiwi & grapes)
L: Jacket Potato + Baked Beans
D: Classic Spaghetti Bolognese (9 syns - didn't buy EL mince) + broccoli + cauliflower
Treat: 2 finger Kit Kat (5.5 syns) + Mocha (3 syns??) from work vending machine

Exercise: So busy at work, didn't make the gym
Water: Drank about 300ml

BP Medication: Taken as directed

Syns for today: 17.5
Total Syns: 38 out of 105

Last edited:
hi glam up ,
good to see you're being so organized after a wobble....
i just didnt concentrate on it enough this last week.
weighed my self today and luckily have maintained.
just seeing what everyone else is doing gives me a little push to carry on.
a bit cross i havent lost the pound a week (my goal till xmas).
life gets in the way but its another week now .
have a nice weekend.
daisy x

cupcakedaisy said:
hi glam up ,
good to see you're being so organized after a wobble....
i just didnt concentrate on it enough this last week.
weighed my self today and luckily have maintained.
just seeing what everyone else is doing gives me a little push to carry on.
a bit cross i havent lost the pound a week (my goal till xmas).
life gets in the way but its another week now .
have a nice weekend.
daisy x

Hey Daisy, good to hear from you. Yes, I'm surprising myself, but really want this to be the last summer that I walk around in 'cover up' clothes!

Don't worry STS is better than a gain. Let's hope we both manage to lose 1lb a week between now and Xmas.

Have a good weekend too x

Friday 30 August Week 1 Day 4: EE day

B: 2 Weetabix (HEB)(was so cold this morning - had it with warm milk :eek:) + 250ml SS Milk (HEA) + Pear
L: Tesco Falafel & Butternut Squash Salad (worked it out to be 5 syns)
D: Chicken from the rotisserie (assuming free, but doubt it) + half a packet of Chilli Cous Cous (1.5 syns)
Treat: Well, as usual on a Friday, the office was breaming with treats! Managed to avoid the morning's pastries, but fell down in the afternoon and had a bit of several things, which probably amounted to 30 syns... but I'm not going to use that as an excuse to go off and spoil the rest of the week.

Exercise: So busy at work, didn't make the gym
Water: Didn't drink much

BP Medication: Totally forgot :confused:

Syns for today: 36.5
Total Syns: 74.5 out of 105

OK, so aiming for 10 syns per day, until WI on Tuesday....

Yay, it's the weekend - and Saturday 1st September!!

Have quite a busy weekend, so really hoping to stay on plan.
Need to see if we can get someone to help install the newly delivered fridge!

Food cupboards are bare too, so difficult without a fridge - so will need to do some food shopping today.

So, what's the plan for today (will update as the day progresses):

Week 1, Day 5: EE

Brunch: Reduced Fat Egg Mayo sandwich (HEA + 3 syns??) + banana
L: Diet Coke!!
D: Spaghetti Bolognese (9 syns)
Treat: square of Buenos chocolate (2 syns) + Garlic Bread (5 syns)

Didn't drink much water today and forgot to take my medication this morning!

Today's Syns: 19 syns
Total Syns: 93.5 syns out of 105

Exercise: Walking to the station (15 min walk) and around the local shopping centre.

Last edited:
Week 1, Day 6: EE

B: 35g Fruit & Fiber (HEB) + 250ml SS Milk (HEA)
L: Jacket Potato + Baked Beans + 2 Dairylea Light Triangles (3 syns)
D: Spicy Chicken (3 syns) + Chilli Supernoodles
Treat: 2 Squares of Buenos chocolate (4 syns) + Mini Twister Icelolly (2 syns)

Today's Syns: 12 syns
Total Syns: 105.5 syns out of 105
:mad:
Exercise: Round trip walk to Asda (30 mins)
Medication: Taken

Last edited:
Back