From Shabby to Stunning restarting 14 Jan 2013

oh no! Hope you feel better soon, just drink plenty of water and get some rest!

Thanks Peri, felt much better once I got home and had something to eat.

Changes to planned food for 14/01/2013: Didn't have the options or the kitkat - so saved 7.5 syns, however, had two cups of tea with sugar (so used 2 syns) and some of my son's apple crumble (he made it during his Food Technology lesson) - would have broken his little heart if I didn't at least taste it
:D

So anyway, if my maths is on-point, it means I had 14.5 syns - rather than 15.

Will update today's planned food, once I've decided.

Aww i remember when i used to do food tech! I made bread and accidently put tablespoons of salt in it rather than teaspoon. Nastiest bread ever! lol, i also tried to be creative and make red risotto so added red food colouring, but a bit too much and my grandad said it looked like a tub of maggots :( lol

Haha, you are soo funny.
I don't remember any silly stories when I used to do Food Tech (actually it was called Home Economics back in my day)!!

believe it or not im a much better cook now haha, just before i started slimming world i made a 3 layer choc fudge cake for work, and it was demolished within the day! Suppose it saved me eating half of it! I also made red velvet cake (have been obsessed with this since i went to america) and it was divineeeeeeee! oh crap now i got myself thinking about cake again! :(

Hope your having a great day hun! only 2 hours left of work for me, wanna go home and have a hot bath, feel so pooped!

OK, today has been manic.
Had to see my GP today as an 'emergency', as I couldn't get a routine appointment until 22nd Jan.
So didn't get into work until 11am. Hadn't brought my 'packed lunch' and hadn't had any breakfast...
So I totally get the fact about being organised - I just can't seem to do it!

OK, today's plan is:

Tuesday 15 January 2013: Extra Easy

HEA: 125ML Semi Skimmed Milk, 15g Cheese
HEB: 1 Weetabix

B: 1 Weetabix with SS milk and 2 clementines - (only had 1 weetabix, at about 11:30am).
L: Pasta with Ready-made Pasta Sauce (2.5 syns) and a banana.
S: 2 x Options Hot Chocolate (4 syns) and 2 M&S chocolate shortcake biscuits (9 syns)
D: Vegetable Curry with Cous Cous

Syns: 15.5

Only had 1 weetabix this morning, as I only had a little bit of milk left, and I hate lumpy weetabix. Still have half a HEB left, but not sure what I have in the house that can count as a HEB.

believe it or not im a much better cook now haha, just before i started slimming world i made a 3 layer choc fudge cake for work, and it was demolished within the day! Suppose it saved me eating half of it! I also made red velvet cake (have been obsessed with this since i went to america) and it was divineeeeeeee! oh crap now i got myself thinking about cake again! :(

Hope your having a great day hun! only 2 hours left of work for me, wanna go home and have a hot bath, feel so pooped!

Oooh, don't get me started on cake.
Cake is the best thing in the world, even better than chocolate.
I could eat cake all day... that fudge cake sounds lovely!
What's red velvet cake? I thought I knew about every type of cake in the world...

you day doesnt sound too bad glam, dont beat urself up! have you got any alpen light bars, you can have a couple of them as your HeB? You could have some bread? or you could have some nuts? or even use some olive oil in your veg curry as your HeB?

Red velvet cake is just a standard cake but coloured red with a cream cheese frosting! its gorgeous because its not too sweet but so tasty and it looks glorious!

I know sometimes being organised especially in terms of food can be difficult, but try to stay focused and on top of it.. the more you do it the more you get used to it!

Chin up hun your doing fine! :)

Thanks Peri, I'm ashamed to say that I went on and ate a further 7 biscuits (31.5 syns) and am sooo annoyed. Lesson to myself - no biscuits at work!!
So 47 syns for today :(
On the positive side, it's only Day 2, so will reduce the amount of syns planned for the rest of the week, to claw back the damage.

Was so tempted not to mention my attack on the biscuits, but who would I be kidding!! Want this diary to be as open and honest as possible.

Its not about you being honest with us at the end of the day, its about being honest to yourself! Noone here is going to judge you because we've all been there, its more about realising your mistake and moving past it! At least its the beginning of the week, just try to cut down syns for the rest of the week and hopefully itll even out!

As for the biscuits, *Boots glam up the backside!* - consider that a warning! ;) next time it wont be so virtual! lol.. well actually it probably will be but that's not the point!

Maybe it might be worth thinking about why you had the biscuits in the first place and working on eliminating that emotion! Something i do at work is chew gum. Stops me from unconciously picking at food that may be around!

Thanks hun, you're right. Chewing gum might work, as I hate eating sweet things once I've eaten mints...

Feeling very disappointed with myself after yesterday's biscuit binge. Annoyed that I can't even stick to the easiest 'diet' plan - not even for one week :sigh:

Wednesday 16 January 2013: Green

HEA: 250ML Semi Skimmed Milk
HEB: 2 Weetabix
HEB: 1 ASDA Vitality Banofee Cereal Bar

B: 2 Weetabix with SS milk and 2 clementines
L: Uncle Ben's Express Spicy Mexican Style Rice (4 syns)
S: Options Hot Chocolate (2 syns)
D: Vegetable Curry with Cous Cous

Syns: 6

Trying a Green day today, seeing as my menu doesn't include any meat, and it allows me to have an extra HEB.

Ahh dont be disappointed, instead be motivated to do better! Crying over spilt milk wont get anyone anywhere and definitely not them pounds off!!
Ive missed eating uncle bens spicy rice! Might have some on Friday as im recreating my nandos meal at home! Butterfly chicken with corn on the cob and rice! mmmmmmmmmmmm.... You could have another HeA aswell if you wanted! :)

Thanks Peri, I will definitely try to be more motivated, and organised!!
Yes, love the Uncle Ben's Spicy Mexican Rice, could eat it every day.

I made it for my bro in law once and i honestly don't even think its that spicy, but his face turned into a tomato and apparently had some bowl issues the next morning! haha!

Really, it's not spicy at all...

OK, although I have a very boring life, it seems to be very busy!!
Had to see my GP again this morning, so didn't stroll into work until 11am... was absolutely starving, and now, it's too late to have weetabix at my desk!!
So, quick change of plan, but will have the following today:

Thursday 17 January 2013: Extra Easy

HEA: 120g Asda Lighter Plan Soft Cheese
HEB: 1 Asda Vitality Banofee Cereal Bar

B: 1 ASDA Vitality Banofee Cereal Bar (HEB) with a large mug of tea (it's freezing outside)
L: Jacket Potato with 120g Asda Lighter Plan Soft Cheese (HEA) and leftover Vegetable Curry
S: Kit Kat Chunky (White) (I think this is 11 syns)
D: Chicken Curry (made with Jalfrezi Sauce (5 syns)) with Basmati Rice

Syns: 16

Today sounds great glam! Just a thought though, instead of using shop brought sauces have you tried making you own, you could save yourself 5 syns here and there!

Heres a simple base to practically any curry and its free!!

Saute some onions in frylight until golden and soft, along with some cinammon bark
Once golden add half a tin of chopped tomatos or passatta and let it simmer for a minute or 2
Add half a teaspoon of turmaric, a teaspoon of corriander and cumin ground powder, and 3/4 teaspoon of chilli powder depending on how spicy you like it
Then add a teaspoon of ground green chillis (you can find this in the freezer section at most superstores now - an essential item for indians - they come in cubes and then you just defrost a cube at a time and then use whenever needed!) and a teaspoon of garlic and ginger paste (mixed together, not of each!)

Then just add whatever meat you want to cook add a bit of water if necessary and let it simmer for 20 mins and bobs your uncle - authentic indian curry!!

If your making a veggie curry its not the same but if you want i can always get you a recipe for veggie stuffs :)

Ooh, thanks Peri... that sounds good and simple.
Can you believe I've only had a 'proper' Indian once, about 10 years ago...
So I think shop bought Indian sauces are like the real thing... lol
Out of interest, why doesn't that work for veggie curry??

Well it probably would but we've never done it in our family.. i think it would be too saucy, but i guess you would add the veggies first and then the tomatos and you could add as much as you want. We tend not to use onions in veggie dishes, instead we just roast some poppy seeds first and maybe some cumin and then add the veg, the masala mix and then tomatos if you wanted!
Cant remember off the top of my head but i can certainly ask my mom (master of all indian food) and give you some recipes if you like! Might start a thread on indian curries actually!

Well it probably would but we've never done it in our family.. i think it would be too saucy, but i guess you would add the veggies first and then the tomatos and you could add as much as you want. We tend not to use onions in veggie dishes, instead we just roast some poppy seeds first and maybe some cumin and then add the veg, the masala mix and then tomatos if you wanted!
Cant remember off the top of my head but i can certainly ask my mom (master of all indian food) and give you some recipes if you like! Might start a thread on indian curries actually!

Thanks Peri, more Indian recipes would be great.
I loovee spicy food x

Have had a very lazy day today...
Did some chores, cooked and watched 24!! Absolutely love that programme.
Haven't updated my diary for Friday, so will do that first:

The snow finally came, and I was none too happy.
Managed to get to work OK on Friday morning, but had an awful journey home - although I left work at 3:30!!
Nearly all of my trains were cancelled and it seemed noone at the station knew what was going on!!

Friday 18 January 2013: Extra Easy

HEA: 250 ML Semi Skimmed Milk
HEB: 2 Weetabix

B: 2 Weetabix with SS milk and 2 clementines
L: Pasta with Ready-made Pasta Sauce (2.5 syns) and a banana.
S: 2 x Options Hot Chocolate (4 syns) and a Passionfruit mousse (4.5 syns)
D: Chilli Con Carne with Basmati Rice
S: Twix (14.5 syns)

Syns: 25.5 :eek:

OK, not too happy about the twix to be honest, but I was soo cold and hungry and feeling sorry for myself.
I really must try harder next week, and be more organised!

Saturday 19 January 2013: Extra Easy

HEA: 250 ML Semi Skimmed Milk
HEB: 60g Wholemeal Roll

B: Options Hot Chocolate (2 syns) - woke up late
L: 'Fried' Egg and 2 Sausages and baked beans (not sure of the syns for the sausages)
S: Muffin (??)
D: Chicken Stew with Basmati Rice

Syns: tbc

Last edited:
Back