FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

Bless her, its enough to put up with without the mouth ulcers etc! Bloody nuisance! My mum had mouth ulcers from her treatment , they say that fresh pineapple chunks help and also help the nausea, worth a try Xx X

Hi heather, haven't been here for a few days, well done on the massive loss this week!! So sorry to hear about your friend, its never easy news to take is it?? hope you are feeling a little better now xxx

Hi heather, haven't been here for a few days, well done on the massive loss this week!! So sorry to hear about your friend, its never easy news to take is it?? hope you are feeling a little better now xxx

Hi Tina hun, hope you're OK! Thanks for message- Thanks for the kind words about Louise, it's so tragic! Yes I was pleased with my loss but not so hopeful about tomorrow- it could go either way really, it's not that I've been mega bad, but I've had a few things on over the weekend that have involved eating out and having the odd few indulgences that may well show on the scales!! We'll see!! Hope you're doing OKX

Week 66- Day 5 (Sat)- Extra Easy- Day off.

Breakfast- 2 Alpen light bars (HEXb). A few blueberries.

Lunch- Went to 'Ask'- 2 1/2 jumbo king prawns in garlic (shared starter with friend- ?3 syns for tiny weeny bit of garlic bread with the butter). Pasta with chilli tomato sauce, spinach, artichokes- yum yum (?2 syns- difficult to say really as not at all oily but you never know about hidden syns). 660ml bottle Peroni lager (15 syns!!! Don't know why I actually did that!!!)

70th Birthday party evening- 3/4 poppadom (3 syns). Mix of several home made curries- all low fat (estimating 8 syns for all I had) boiled rice. Some tortilla flatbread (?4 syns). Fresh pineapple and strawberries, 2 marshmallows (2 syns), a little chocolate sauce to dip (1 syn). A small measure of brandy (4 syns).

Not good planning today!! REALLY shouldn't have had that big bottle of lager! What's going on there? I don't even drink normally!!! I blame peer pressure!! And could have had a really sensible day knowing that I had the party on in the evening!! Oh well, we live and learn!!

Estimated total syns- 42. Did not have HEXa today so could call it 36 syns!

Body magic- did quite a lot of walking about today but no formal exercise.

Last edited:
Week 66- Day 6 (Sun)- Extra Easy- Annual leave!!

Very long lie-in as didn't get to bed until 3am!!

Brunch- 4 Joes garlic & herb grills, 1/2 tin Morrisons mixed beans in curry sauce (2 syns) and 3 egg omlette. An apple and some blueberries.

Late afternoon- Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus (HEXb).

Tea- Roast chicken breast (a little skin- 2 syns), Actifry roast potatoes (using 15 mls olive oil- 2 syns for 1/3), broccoli, spinach and carrots. A little gravy (2 syns).

Late evening- An Alpen light bar (3 syns).
The other 1/2 of the mixed beans in curry sauce (2 syns).

Had semi skimmed milk in 2 coffees and 1 tea (less than HEXa).

Total syns 13.

Body magic- despite plans to have a nice long walk it didn't end up happening! I have spent a lazy day in my pyjamas and I didn't even have my date with Davina in the lounge!! So writing today off in terms of activity! Pathetic!!

Last edited:
im not doing too bad, maintained last week but pre star week and i always put 2lb on so not too worried. been really craving chocolate this weekend, dont think its helped not having much in the house. get paid tomorrow so going to home bargains and replenishing my sweetener, pasta and sauce, savory rice etc!! I love that shop!! plus a multipack of curly wurlys might find their way into my basket! LOL :)

you deserve some treats after that weight loss and your sad news this week, if you gain so what it will come off the following week

mum is really emotional and the side effects are starting to kick in, sickness, pain, mouth ulcers etc, she is finding it really hard to drink fluid - any ideas? i think the sooner her hair comes out the better because i think its the fear of it falling out that is upsetting her even more

Oooo Oooo OOO *puts hand up*

OH gets mouth ulcers really badly cos of the RA drugs (which are low dose chemo) and Sage tea with lemon and honey! You can buy fresh sage in tescos, just chop and seap it in hot water for 5 minutes then filter through a fine sieve add lemon and honey.

There is some stuff the doctor can give her as well that my OH used and it was brilliant. So get her to ask her GP!

im not doing too bad, maintained last week but pre star week and i always put 2lb on so not too worried. been really craving chocolate this weekend, dont think its helped not having much in the house. get paid tomorrow so going to home bargains and replenishing my sweetener, pasta and sauce, savory rice etc!! I love that shop!! plus a multipack of curly wurlys might find their way into my basket! LOL :)

Well done!! We have a home bargains but I still haven't explored it!! On my 'to do' list!! Keep going, I'm sure after *week you can expect a good loss!X

Oooo Oooo OOO *puts hand up*

OH gets mouth ulcers really badly cos of the RA drugs (which are low dose chemo) and Sage tea with lemon and honey! You can buy fresh sage in tescos, just chop and seap it in hot water for 5 minutes then filter through a fine sieve add lemon and honey.

There is some stuff the doctor can give her as well that my OH used and it was brilliant. So get her to ask her GP!

Rheumatoid arthritis right? Poor thing! Am I right in assuming he's young to be suffering with it? (Jumping to conclusions here!) I'll suggest fresh sage to my Mum- she may well be having more chemo in the next couple of months depending on the results of her next CT scan which is in the next fortnight! Anything is worth a tryX

Yes, 36yrs old and being used as a case study by the consultant as it's progressing in a non text book way. I have to inject methotrexate once a week which is a slow release chemo, they my OH take sulaphelazine twice a day. Cos RA attacks your joints and muscles they have to repress the immune system, hence why they use this treatment. It helping reduce the bone erosion but the muscles etc are still being attacked, and inflammatory markers still too high. If still the same in 4 months my OH will have to have intravenous chemo. Which would rather didn't happen.

Anyhow sage always helps with the ulcers and lemon and honey make it taste bearable. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's very interesting hun, and of course horrible for him, and awful for you to see him suffering! Brave soldier!!X

Week 66- Day 7 (Mon)- Extra Easy- Annual Leave.

Very late breakfast-11.30am- Oats So Simple porridge sachet (HEXb) with 175ml skimmed milk (1/2 HEXa) and chopped pear.

Before going out to meet friends- A Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus (6 syns!)

In Costa coffee- Large coffee with skimmed milk (1/4 HEXa), tuna salad sandwich (14.5 syns) and cherry & almond muffin (23.5 syns- what the...) These items did not feel like 38 syns worth- frightening or what?!!?!!

After WI- Creme egg (8.5 syns) This was to celebrate 2lb loss, although ridiculous considering Costa-gate earlier today!!

At home- 2 small salmon fillets with stirfried veg and a little teriyaki glaze (1 syn).

Total syns 53.5!!!!!

What a disaster syns-wise today!! I have to have a really really disciplined week this week otherwise the last few days will catch up with me and tonight's 2lb loss will be more!! It just shows, sometimes we may not feel like we've eaten loads, but the syns content tells a different story!! X

Last edited:
Good luck good luck good luck!! Xx

Yayyy folks, lost 2lb!! This was a pleasant surprise as have eaten out lots over the weekend, over done the syns, but probably overall haven't been as bad as I thought I had, plus all the exercise last week and the 10 mile walk last Tues probably did me lots of good!! Loads of good days in the bank!! Chuffed although still 1.5lb to go til pre Chrimbo weight! It seems so blinkin slow, but at least getting closer now!! And 12 lb til target!! Can't wait!! Thanks all for your support!! XXX

Woohoo!! Well done you!! Xxx

Back