FUNCURLS FOOD DIARY, BLOG and CHIT CHAT!! New target set!!

. . . but its not right that you have to be suffering at all with no access to a dentist! This is 2011 for goodness sake!
Ah but there in lies the misconception!
Spain is still very much a third world country in many ways and still in the 1950's for a lot of things - teeth being one of them. Many Spanish have appallingly bad teeth as it is still all private and not part of the "NHS" system here.

Week 95- Day 7 (Mon)- Extra Easy- Day off.

Brunch (mega lie-in after very late night!) Sounds strange!- Meat-free mince bolognese (leftovers from the other day- 3 syns) with wholewheat fusilli pasta and 28g melted cheddar (HEXa).

Walked to beach and back (went swimming in the sea- glorious!!)

Before WI- Chickpea dahl loaf. Made 2 loaves, one for SW taster night and one for home! Gave some to friends who loved it! Note to self- must make this more in future! 2 small squares of fudge (4 syns). Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus bar (HEXb).

At taster night after WI- approx 10 syns worth!

Post WI treat- a Cadburys Twirl (11.5 syns).

Total syns 28.5 (whoops!!)

I lost 1.5lb at WI this week!! Not totally over the moon as I did want to get my all time lowest, but keeping it realistic, this is fine as I'm back to my lowest yet and can now feel very focused and positive about moving down again and setting new mini-goals for myself! The next one has to be 1lb more to get me to a BMI of 25. Then the one after that will be a further 1.5lb which will get me down into the 10 stone range!! I've dreamed of this for aaages and now it doesn't seem too far away!! Mind you I've said this before and I started climbing up again so this time WILL be different!!!X

WHOOP WHOOP WHOOPEE - Way to go chica.

Don't be too disappointed - you are at your all time low and only 2.5 lbs off the 10's. Keep dreaming Hevs - 'cos dreams can come true!

WHOOP WHOOP WHOOPEE - Way to go chica.

Don't be too disappointed - you are at your all time low and only 2.5 lbs off the 10's. Keep dreaming Hevs - 'cos dreams can come true!

True!! If it can happen in Disney, it can happen to us!!! Thanks Bev for the vote of confidence!! Looking forward to a 100% week!! Next week is the week leading up to *week which always affects me so I'm aware that I have to be extra good!!!X

Hevs!! Brilliant work on geting back to your lowest and Im sure you'll get some off next week so that you are at a new all time lowest :D

Ur so close to the 10s!!!! I was there for a week or 2, i really want to get back there one day haha

xx

:happy036: What you on about not over the moon you cracker - that's fandabbydozy! :D You are now back at your lowest weight and on a roll! (a forwards, downwards one!!!) So pleased for you chick - you will defo be in the 10's soon!......but as for being normal......errrrm? ha ha! ;) ;) well done hun xxxx

Thanks dudettes!! I know I should be really pleased Kat, and I kind of am, but it is a bit frustrating when you've been at a certain point and then have to work so hard/wait so long just to lose a few pounds to get back there again!! But I should practice what I preach!! At least I know I can maintain! I've been getting in loads of practice lmao!!! So yes, tis all good stuff and the only thing that really matters is that I'm in control, in the zone and positive I can get there!! The funny thing is I'm more excited about getting into the 10's than I am about getting to target!!!4 more mini-goals to go! I think I must have had about 50 mini-goals when I first started out!!! The 4 mini-goals are:-

1)To lose 1lb to get to a BMI of 25 (ie normal...ish!!!)= 11st 1lb
2)To lose a further 1.5lb to get into the 10s!!! = 10st 13.5lb
3)To lose a further 1.5lb to get my 5 stone sticky!!!=10st 12lb
4)To lose a further 2lb to get to TARGET!!!= 10st 10lb.

Week 96- Day 1 (Tues)- Extra Easy- Day off.

Brunch- ultra-long lie-in this morning! 3 Quorn sausages (old style from freezer), 2 frylighted eggs and tomatoes. An apple. 2 very small plums.

Late afternoon after walking to beach (20 mins) and back (another 20 mins)- 28g Shredded Wheat Bitesize (HEXb) with 150 ml skimmed milk (3/7 HEXa) and sliced banana.

Tea- Roast chicken (breast) plus a little skin (2 syns) with a corn-on-the-cob and stir-fried veg (Asda pack). Some Honeydew melon. A raspberry & cranberry Mullerlight. (Finding the new ones a lot creamier/thicker!).

After choir- Some SW chips and some tommy ketchup (2 syns).

Skimmed milk in tea (part HEXa).

Total syns 4.

Last edited:
Stick with it Heather. You will be there before you know it.

You look amazing !!!!!

Week 96- Day 2 (Wed)- Extra Easy- Working 7.30am-8pm.

Before work- 3-egg mushroom, green pepper and red chilli omelette.

Work break 1- Strawberries and Honeydew melon. A Choc Deluxe HIFI bar (HEXb). A cherry Mullerlight.

Work break 2- Sliced chicken breast (from yest roasted chicken), a corn-on-the-cob, stuffed butternut squash (BNS flesh- pre roasted yest, chopped bacon- ?2 syns for a little fat, chopped red onion, halved cherry tomatoes, 42g feta cheese- HEXa, Schwartz herb mix for BNS- 3 syns) and stir-fried veg (from Asda pack).

A Jaffa Cake (2.5 syns).

At home- Tikka Mugshot (0.5 syns). An apple.

Semi-skimmed milk in cups of coffee (3 syns).

Total syns 11.

Last edited:
Week 96- Day 3 (Thurs)- Extra Easy- Working 7.30am-8pm.

Before work- 3-egg mushroom, green pepper and red chilli omelette.

Work break 1 (Lunch)- 2 Quorn sausages (old style), stuffed butternut squash half (see yesterday- had the other half! Total 5 syns for bacon and Schwartz herb mix + HEXa for 42g feta cheese) and stirfried veg (from Asda pack).

Work break 2- Spicy sweet & sour Mugshot. A banana & custard Mullerlight (1 syn). An apple. 1 small chunk of choc caramel shortbread (3 syns).

Semi-skimmed milk in cups of coffee (3 syns).

At M-I-L's house after work (prepared by myself but didn't have chance to eat in work) Orange, blueberries and Honeydew melon. A Kelloggs dark choc/almond Fibre Plus bar (HEXb).

A Wispa (10.5 syns!!! Whoopsy- big faux pas!!!)

Total syns 22.5 (must try and keep syns low over weekend!!!)

Last edited:
Hev...haven't been on since your txt the other day and I went a bit downwards from there, but have pulled the reins in :)
Congrats on your 1.5loss--that is brilliant!!!
Good luck for another good week.

funcurls said:
Thanks dudettes!! I know I should be really pleased Kat, and I kind of am, but it is a bit frustrating when you've been at a certain point and then have to work so hard/wait so long just to lose a few pounds to get back there again!! But I should practice what I preach!! At least I know I can maintain! I've been getting in loads of practice lmao!!! So yes, tis all good stuff and the only thing that really matters is that I'm in control, in the zone and positive I can get there!! The funny thing is I'm more excited about getting into the 10's than I am about getting to target!!!4 more mini-goals to go! I think I must have had about 50 mini-goals when I first started out!!! The 4 mini-goals are:-

1)To lose 1lb to get to a BMI of 25 (ie normal...ish!!!)= 11st 1lb
2)To lose a further 1.5lb to get into the 10s!!! = 10st 13.5lb
3)To lose a further 1.5lb to get my 5 stone sticky!!!=10st 12lb
4)To lose a further 2lb to get to TARGET!!!= 10st 10lb.

OMG Heather, you can totally do it! What's that 5 lbs? Eye on the prize chick, target is yours!

OMG Heather, you can totally do it! What's that 5 lbs? Eye on the prize chick, target is yours!

Aww thanks for the vote of confidence Honey!! 6lb!! But I've been playing about with this last half stone for months!! I HAVE to do it now!!!!X

Hev...haven't been on since your txt the other day and I went a bit downwards from there, but have pulled the reins in :)
Congrats on your 1.5loss--that is brilliant!!!
Good luck for another good week.

Thanks chick! I must admit I'm pleased to be losing 'something' each week now!! I hope to continue this right up until Target scheduled for October (Positive thinking, positive thinking!!!) I'm sure that *week, or rather *fortnight will put a spanner in the works for me but I shall do my very best!!! Glad you were able to pull it back hun, that's the important bit!!X

Back