Gaga's Bulging Epic Battle......

Hiya Lady G, hope your dad gets well soon. Look after yourself too :hug99: xx

Thanks guys,

My pops is doing wel thanks, still in hospital but recovering well from his planned surgery. Been a bit of a 'medical' week to be honest. Found out on Monday that I now have to have more surgery on my arm and that is set for 6th July under local anaesthetic and sedation so am pooping myself with nerves over that. I know how much it hurt last time so am dreading it second time around! Hey ho. Plan to stay on exante/ S+S mix until the week before my surgery and then for 2 weeks or so post-op, depending on my recovery and of course the medical advice.

Whilst visiting my pops, my Mum noticed a swollen lump on my neck which I hadn't even realised was there. Been to GP today and been referred for an urgent scan to see what it is and a load of blood tests. Could be cyst, thyroid problems or something sinsister. With my cancer history they said best not to take any chances so I'm now in the medical system for that too! Going through the thyroid prob list I seem to have lots of them- probs sleeping, anxiety, shaking, flaky nails and especially problems losing weight- even on VLCD! I had put this down to work stress but maybe it is thyroid?? Who know's. Not going to guess anymore and wait and see what the medics tell me as they know best. Just scary times again.

Man I wish my life was simple.......!

Despite all this- still going stong on TS xx

Oh Gaga, life is throwing lots of challenges at you just now.

Sure it will be nothing to worry about but very easy for me to say, and probably of no comfort to you whatsoever at the moment. Keep positive and the hospital will keep you right.

Big hugs xx xx

Oh Lady G, like Annie says, try stay positive hun.

Not having a good time here in my personal life, but the ability to focus on this diet and try to get to a healthy weight is helping me stay sane and not "go under" so to speak. Big hugs sent :hug99: xx

Thanks ladies, I'm still going strong diet wise. Just ordered a big pack of oatmeal from s+s as i so love them!!! I hope to continue as TS for a wee while longer until directed otehrwsie. I would love to be down to 16stone ready for surgery on 6th July but who knows- I'm not very good at making targets or losing pounds at the mo!!!

Back to work tomorrow which is rather pants but hey ho.

Hope everyone is having a fab weekend xxx

ladygaga said:
Thanks ladies, I'm still going strong diet wise. Just ordered a big pack of oatmeal from s+s as i so love them!!! I hope to continue as TS for a wee while longer until directed otehrwsie. I would love to be down to 16stone ready for surgery on 6th July but who knows- I'm not very good at making targets or losing pounds at the mo!!!

Back to work tomorrow which is rather pants but hey ho.

Hope everyone is having a fab weekend xxx

You can't control the lbs you lose you can only control the days you stick to plan, it's much less stressful just to set a time to be on plan then you are only aiming for something that you are in control of :)

DustQueen said:
You can't control the lbs you lose you can only control the days you stick to plan, it's much less stressful just to set a time to be on plan then you are only aiming for something that you are in control of :)

Woah well said DQ :)

Sorry to hear you've had a rough time of it gaga :(
Hugs hun xxxxxxx

Well finally I have a post worth posting........WI today and I've lost 4lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know this is a normal loss for a VLCD but I have hardly lost anything in weeks so this is rather a big deal for me and it also marks 2 stone down so hoooooray henry's all round in my house today!!! Having trouble changing my tracker- anyone else had that prob or know how to fix it??

Am going to celebrate by tidying our bedroom this morning, into town for some retail therapy then have a facial and a back massage booked before I have the Homebase man round to measure up for our new fitted wardrobes- can't wait!! I hope nothing rains on my parade today!

Health wise, things remain the same so just waiting to hear from the hospital then take it from there. I'm hoping to be TS for the whole of the week with no WS days ahead.

Happy Monday to you all xxxx

ladygaga said:
Well finally I have a post worth posting........WI today and I've lost 4lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know this is a normal loss for a VLCD but I have hardly lost anything in weeks so this is rather a big deal for me and it also marks 2 stone down so hoooooray henry's all round in my house today!!! Having trouble changing my tracker- anyone else had that prob or know how to fix it??

Am going to celebrate by tidying our bedroom this morning, into town for some retail therapy then have a facial and a back massage booked before I have the Homebase man round to measure up for our new fitted wardrobes- can't wait!! I hope nothing rains on my parade today!

Health wise, things remain the same so just waiting to hear from the hospital then take it from there. I'm hoping to be TS for the whole of the week with no WS days ahead.

Woooo hoooooooo!!!!! Go Gaga!!! :)

ladygaga said:

Oi!! Just seen that "FAILED" in your sig!! I demand you remove that now! You stuck to the diet over a really really stressful time you in no way FAILED so get rid of that right now!!!

Way hay hay Gaga. Well done you xx xx

How was the retail therapy then?. Whatcha buy? Hope you enjoyed your pamper session xx xx

That's a fab loss gaga! well done :D Hope you had a lovely day, I loveee facials! Lucky girl! xx

Wow Gaga ! A completely up and down few weeks for ya !
Well done on the loss x

Thanks guys. I'd give anything for a stable and saga free life right now. Hey ho. Been seen at the hospital and blood tests have all come back normal so now awaiting some more tests to see what the lump is. Still going strong diet wise. Had a bbq with the hubster last night so enjoyed a burger and green salad which was totally lush. Now about to ride the night shift train for the next 4 shifts so I'll aim to catch up with diaries later on.

Lots of love xxx

ladygaga said:
Thanks guys. I'd give anything for a stable and saga free life right now. Hey ho. Been seen at the hospital and blood tests have all come back normal so now awaiting some more tests to see what the lump is. Still going strong diet wise. Had a bbq with the hubster last night so enjoyed a burger and green salad which was totally lush. Now about to ride the night shift train for the next 4 shifts so I'll aim to catch up with diaries later on.

Lots of love xxx

Great news about the bloods darling x

Great news about the bloods darling x

Thanks Dusty but not that great really- had hoped it would be thyroid to try and explain things but it's not so will have to wait and see. Had a cheeky weigh in this morning and those pesky scales have not budged an ounce since Monday! Damn them indeed.
Guess I will be a miserable gaga yet again on WI.

Got a wedding to go to on BH Monday and had bought a lovely dress to wear in a size 18 a few weeks back thinking it would fit perfect in time but due to rubbish losses I have no chance.

With surgery planned for 6th July, I will come off plan on 30th June so that only gives me 5 more weeks on plan until I take a mini break to aid recovery and healing. I would love to lose a stone in that time but judging by the scales and their hatred towards me I do doubt that will happen. Going to keep positive and stay on track until then and what will be will be...

Hope everyone has a great weekend- I will be spending it in bed as doing night shifts!

ladygaga said:
Thanks Dusty but not that great really- had hoped it would be thyroid to try and explain things but it's not so will have to wait and see. Had a cheeky weigh in this morning and those pesky scales have not budged an ounce since Monday! Damn them indeed.
Guess I will be a miserable gaga yet again on WI.

Got a wedding to go to on BH Monday and had bought a lovely dress to wear in a size 18 a few weeks back thinking it would fit perfect in time but due to rubbish losses I have no chance.

With surgery planned for 6th July, I will come off plan on 30th June so that only gives me 5 more weeks on plan until I take a mini break to aid recovery and healing. I would love to lose a stone in that time but judging by the scales and their hatred towards me I do doubt that will happen. Going to keep positive and stay on track until then and what will be will be...

Hope everyone has a great weekend- I will be spending it in bed as doing night shifts!

Oh hunny :( keeping all my fingers crossed for you x
Will it def not fit? Are you not losing inches either? :(

Back