gall Stones

Hi everyone :)

I am on ts but have read and have known people who have been on milkshake diets develope gall stones, is there anything we can do to prevent this or is it just a case of water water water?

Many thanks and here's to a 100% day!
Xx

Its not the VLCD that cause it, its the weight loss itself! Losing 1½stone or more can trigger it from any diet

I had gallstone problems long before I ever started this kind of diet and ended up having my gallbladder out ten years ago. So I think if your going to get them you'll get them regardless of what diet you're following. It just depends on how unlucky you are :cry:

^^ what they said ;)

x

as the others say loosing any amount of weight , on any diet , increases the risk of gallstones. Following a low fat diet for life is a way of preventing an attack as its the fat that sets it off , I had gallstones and had a severe attack after stuffing pizza .. now had my gallbladder out and no problems since .

I had several attacks after the birth of my daughter. Fatty food set it off. Waiting weeks for a scan as the attacks lasted 5 minutes. Nothing there except inflamtion. I took milk thistly and drank litres of water a day and never had any trouble since. Might look into peppermint tea also never new that

Back