gastric band hypnotherapy

Well done Kate that is so inspiring. My hypnotherapist has only done weight loss hypno and I would like to have the gastric band hypno, but she is reluctant as I am doing so well with this. Even though I still have over two stones to loose, my eating patterns, choice of food and wanting to exercise has been a complete turnaround since having started. But I do think that finding the rightperson is so so important. I finally have the motivation to continue to do this. As my treat I have booked some boudoir photos to be done!!!!!!!- Huge incentive to look good and feel great. Keep up the good work all. Remy xxxx

If you're doing well there's no need to have the other hypno Remy, don't forget half the battle is changing how we look at food, and our own choices of food, and our attitude towards exercise!
I had it because I saw articles on it and thought ooh that sounds good, if I'd seen articles on just weight loss hypnotherapy I would possibly have done that instead!
I've got a complete Paul Mackenna that didn't work, but my hypnotherapist said they rarely work as they're not done on an individual basis.
Well done on your weight loss so far and good luck for the rest of your journey!

I didn't get on with the Paul McKenna thing either. I think it's as you say, it's too general. All of our issues are different and need to be tackled as such

great stories here, I can also happily report that my weigh in yesterday showed a 4 lb loss over last 2 weeks, after ages plateauing. "Jesus Christ on a bicycle!" were my exact words I think - sorry if anyone is a christian but that expresses my joy!

Pul McK is not enough, you are right. I needed the sessions about why I was a compulsive eater before I could do the HGB.

The HGB taught me portion control and slow eating, and now I am doing lots of behavioural changes to keep it up.

I could not have done any of this without the hypnotherapy, but it's a tool isnt it - a powerful one, but it dont work if you never use it. would you all agree?

PS am now half way to my ideal weight of 10 st 6. How great does it feel to be abkle to say ...I have lost a stone

I have lost a stone!!

I would agree it is a very powerful tool, it's the best thing I've ever done. I think the before sessions where you learn why you overeat and then sabotage yourself are one of the most important aids. In my own case they were so emotional I was haunted for weeks, I thought my depression was back, it was crippling. But I eventually overcame it and more than anything that stops me from sabotaging myself.
It's not plain sailing I can still hit the same hurdles I did before but now I don't give in I dont need to. Yes I will gain life is life after all and we have to live it!
My portion size has gone down tremendously, now if I go out to eat I don't have breakfast or if it's dinner I don't have lunch, I feel sick if I eat to much, not just bloated and full but sick.
This is the best tool I have in my armoury and I am very thankful that I found Adrian because he has given it to me and it is allowing me to become the butterfly I was meant to be!

Totally agree, it's a fantastic tool.

And I couldn't agree more with the sick feeling, if I eat too much I certainly know about it and it's like a hangover where you are feeling rotten asking yourself "Why did I do that when I knew I would feel so ill after???". I find I have to really think about what I am eating and when. If I know I have dinner to eat I have to consider if I really want to eat that biscuit because if I do I may not be able to eat dinner. I eat off a side plate now and it's never full. I have had to make peace with leaving food (something I was never good at, empty-plate syndrome my therapist called it). I use baby weaning bowls to take my lunch in to work as its the perfect size container. The changes are quite huge and the difference they make are also huge!

I lost 11lb since having mine done and for the last few weeks I've not lost any weight and I was beating myself up about it and panicing that it might have stopped working but today I decided I needed to have a serious word with myself! I am a bit of a perfectionist and I was looking at my mini-plateau as failure: WRONG! I have been pushing my limits and not listening to my body and eating too much: WRONG! I know that I should only be eating when I am hungry and stop eating when I am full so that's what I have to do. No loss is just the body settling, it's not a failure at all.

Now I have relaxed a little more and I know it's still working and that I'm not out of control or anything I am feeling that power again, that amazing feeling of freedom and empowerment. And I love it all over again! I have 5 stone to lose and this IS the way I will do it.

I think relaxing is the key to any weight loss, let's face it we didn't get to weigh what we did overnight, it crept up while we weren't looking. Then we want to lose it yesterday and easily.
It doesn't happen like that and it's not easy lol.
I bought a new Tesco value dinner service and they looked at the plates and sad "Is that the side plate?" err no that's the dinner plate!
They all use the old plates and I use the new ones lol, but it's plenty big enough.
I'm right with you on leaving food. I had a hard battle with myself about that, now I'm quite happy to get a dessert and either share with a friend or take a spoon and leave it. I paid for it I'm entitled to eat as much or as little of it as I want lol.

Reactions: Taz
Have you found things that you can't have now? I have no problem with most drinks but I can't have orange juice or whole milk as they make me feel full up and sick. I had some ice cream last night and that made me feel the same

I can't drink alcohol anymore, I was never much of a drinker anyway but I could still fall on the floor!! Now if I have half a glass of anything it's a lot! I only drink diet coke if I am somewhere like the Toby and it's cheaper than water lol.
I'm finding that I might have a problem with white bread, I'm begining to think I've had an intolerance to it for years but ignored it! Using WW malted danish mostly and having the very odd slice of ordinary makes my breathing funny lol.
I miss the alcohol sometimes, I stand there and rant, "Good God Adrian you didn't have to take ALL my pleasures away from me just moderate them!" I've got him on cd saying "only water will quench your thirst, nothing else will properly quench your thirst, only water!"
I've been known to drive to Tesco at half past 10 at night cos I needed sparkling water!
My boss thought I was nuts! He gave me the shopping money for the week and saidd I might as well do it while I was out!
Didn't get home to 12.45am lol

Oh I'm sorry to hear that Goldie. Can you not go back, I know with Adrian he will send me more sessions if I need them! He completely did one disc for me, when I moaned about it! He was expensive, but the aftercare is there for me, or rather for anyone that he works with (I'm not that special lol).
Sometimes I have my doubts as to whether or not it's still working but I still can't do lots of things (like bloody drink!! grrr!) and I definitely can't eat to excess anymore, and I'm always at the flipping gym, cos he tells me I'm going to enjoy the gym!! Grrr!!!.
Do you have any cds that you can listen to to reinforce it? I did one just last night, when I went to bed, popped a disc in chose the session, I am a success, I will succeed, I will be a butterfly! Then I fell asleep lol.
But I hope Herbalife works for you hun, good luck

iv just bought deal on groupon for £69 instead of £500, its for 4 sessions of gastrci banding hypno, however does not include the actual "op" that will cost another £350....

the lady at the clinic said i might not even need the "op" and just the 4 sessions may be enough, but im feeling a bit sceptical on the matter and disheartned :(

Emma all I can say is give it a go what have you got to lose? You've bought it now, the money is gone!
I know after my first 2 sessions when I went to bed that night (I did it over a weekend in a hotel!) I threw away a cocktail that I'd paid a tenna for! Next morning at breakfast I ate very little. I felt much happier with my relationship with food than I had for years!
The sessions prior to the op are almost, if not more important than the op. They help you look inside yourself to find why you sabotage yourself. They make you want a different you.
I still now even 9 months later cry about how I felt in those sessions, it still has an emotional hold on me but in a good way. I will not go back down that road!
This road is not always easy, yes I still eat cake, but not in a binge way, I don't go mad any more and stuff my feelings deep inside using food!
I don't need to, I know who I'm meant to be now and I can't wait to be that person. There are slip ups I'm only human after all but now I don't let a bad day make me throw in the towel.
Now I own it, shrug my shoulders say "That's life move on!"
But don't be disheartened BEFORE you try it, it could be the best thing you've ever done!
It's not a miracle cure, just a bloody good tool to help you make the journey a helluva lot easier.
Plus worst comes to worst, you've lost £69 quid (which is a lot I know!) but it's not £500, it's only money!
I've said it before, it's the best money I've ever spent even if all I got out of it was finding myself ~ I can't put a price on that!
Go for it and good luck!

thanks 4 replying hun,,
just worried incase the 4 sessions isnt enough and i cant afford the "op"
what exactly did u have ? and how well did it go :)

I had it done over a weekend, it consisted of 2 sessions on the Saturday, 1st was a relaxing session. 2nd was the session where we were taken into ourselves and mentally "unblocked". The op session was on the Sunday!
I've said it before I didn't really think the op session worked and told him that and he laughed and said it can take up to 2 weeks cos it would depend on how aware my mind was of things going on around me! I was very aware and that's why I didn't think it had worked!
But it had!
Up to me joining WW a month ago I'd lost 3 st. I joined WW basically to liven up my food intake and have someone else weigh me lol.

Emma, I couldn't agree more with what Kate said. I think the offer is a bit misguided and a ruse to get you to start the process that will cost more money to complete. My therapist only charges £350 for the whole thing and just recently she has been doing an offer for £99. But that's in Birmingham, it's done in 2 sessions 2 weeks apart. If you think you are starting something you can't afford to complete you can always ask Groupon for a refund. But as Kate said, you may find you get enough from the sessions you have paid for and don't actually need the HGB. Good luck with whatever you decide x

Taz may be right on the ruse front, mine was an all in price for the sessions and the "op". It does sound a lot just for the "op" session.
Mine was £690 but that included £140 for the hotel so in reality it was £550.
One thing I will say is check out the person who is doing it, mine was done by Adrian Mathams and he was brilliant. His website can be checked and he's been in the paper and on tv (that was how I found out about it and did my own research!).
Look into it and as Taz says if you're not happy ask for a refund!
But if you look into them and they're ok then I would go for it. At the end of the day you've got nothing to lose except weight!

Oh Goldie that's such a shame, why not try again with your cds ~ I'm hoping they were done for you specifically, mine contain things I told him like I want to wear a monsoon floaty dress, or I want to be a butterfly! He talks about my becoming a butterfly etc.
So when you know you're totally alone and can relax close the curtains, lie on your bed get yourself comfortable and press play!
It doesn't matter if your mind wonders ~ mine does it all the time I'm making shopping lists, can never completely clear my mind, I'm thinking toilet cleaner and then I'll hear "you're on a floaty cloud!" Oh yeah right floaty cloud, floaty cloud oh god what will I do for dinner lol!
It's not dealing with your concious mind but your SUB-concious mind.
The part of your mind that gets you on your drive and you have no idea how you got there! The part that enables you to change gear and talk at the same time without thinking , handbrake, clutch gas etc!
So make sure you can totally be peaceful, let your mind feel free to take in the words, even if you're thinking something else.
If you can make time 1 a day (even if it's in bed before you go to sleep. Maybe 2 a day in the begining!
I was so distrustful in the begining I'd listen to ALL the sessions on the cd at once (80 mins lol).
Then I found 1 that seemed to be more me than the others and chose that one, and just listened to that every day for about a month maybe 6 weeks.
It's a bit daft I admit sorting stuff out to be peaceful setting up the cd player etc, then lying down thinking god I feel so stupid.
There is also a part of us that's cynical (do I really want to admit to being able to be hypnotised? It's a waste of money etc etc.) Been there got the tshirt lol.
You've got the cds so try it every day for a month (If you can!), don't set out to prove it wrong by over eating or deliberately having 17 choc biscuits lol.
See if by doing it gently every day you can get it back, hey if nothing else you've had a peaceful 20 mins to yourself everyday!
You never know your subconcious might just take over and say you know what I can't finish this it's too much!
Good luck with it if you do decide to give it another go!

You paid all that money and all you got was generic cds? Bloody hell!

Adrian is lovely and he will tell you I was very cynical about it all, and didn't think it had worked! I did keep a blog for a while ~ if you go on his website or maybe sign up for the newsletter you will find the "saga" that was me!
I hope they get back to you and can do something for you, I can't praise him highly enough!
Without him I certainly wouldn't be at the gym every day, and believe me I wouldn't have given up my diet coke!
AND I certainly wouldn't be a size 22 (I bought a size 20 on Saturday woohoo! but I think maybe they were big 20s a dress and a blouse! lol).
I really hope they can help you,
Good luck

Back