Gemma's Diary Mixed Days - red, green, EE - new to EE advice welcome

09/03/2013: ??? DAY
B: 40g All Bran (HEB), 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk (HEA), sliced banana and x2 Alpen Lights (HEB)
L/D: Ate out and was quite naughty having a pulled pork wrap with salad and BBQ sauce and sweet potato chips (?? SYNS??)
Drinks: x12 vodka and Slimline Tonics (48 syns ooops!)
Counting today as 80 syns - bad day....

10/03/2013 - RED DAY:
B: 40g All Bran (HEB), sliced banana and part 500ml Light Apro Soya Milk (HEA)
L: Lamb, sprouts, carrots, butternut squash, gravy and 2 roast potatoes (12 syns?)
D: Asda chicken joint with hot and spicy crust (Free believe it or not...)
Syns: French Fries (4) Velvet Crunch (4) Hi Lights Hot Choc (2) big bag of crisps (16) another bad day, slightly hungover....

11/03/2013 - RED DAY:
B: 40g All Bran (HEB), Sliced banana, part 500ml Alpro Light Soya Milk (HEA)
L: Mushroom Omelette and cooked ham plus Mullerlight
D: Homemade Shepherds Pie - Extra Lean beef mince, onions, mushrooms, with a Asda Shepherd's Pie mix (5 syns total but made two portions so 2.5 syns per day) topped with Aunt Bessies carrot and swede mash (free) topped with 30g mature cheddar (HEA)
Dessert: Vanilla mullerlight with chopped strawberries and crushed meringue nest (2.5 syns)
Snacks: Melon
Syns: Dinner total (5) and Hi Lights Hot Choc (2)

*NOTE - I use remaining milk allowance for a few coffees and keep the rest for a milky hot chocolate of an evening which is filling and satisfies my sweet tooth, I have just switched to soya milk so I can have more and I love it having never tried it before!

12/03/2013 - RED DAY
B: 40g All Bran (HEB) - this has become my new favourite cereal if you can't tell...!, sliced banana and part 500ml Alpro Soya Milk (HEA)
L: x6 Ryvita WHOLEGRAIN crackerbread (HEB), marmite and tuna dressed in Kraft Light French Dressing
D: Other half of shepherd's pie with BNS Chips and Sugar Snap Peas
Dessert: Toffee Mullerlight with chopped strawberries and crumbled meringue nest (2.5 syns)
Syns: Special K Rice Chips (4.5), Dinner (SP Mix)/Dessert (5) and Hi Lights Hot Choc (2)

Weigh in tonight and I lost 2.5lb considering my blip at the weekend and got Slimmer of the Week, happy happy :D

Last edited:
Ah thanks it's mostly Red Days now which I think have been a great help in reaching target, I will update today as fell a bit behind... What plan do you follow?
Sticking with green at the moment as I am vegetarian anyway. Not had much luck in the past with it but going to give it 100% for 2 weeks and then weigh :) I have a target of 1.5 stone by July! Hoping I can do it x

Sticking with green at the moment as I am vegetarian anyway. Not had much luck in the past with it but going to give it 100% for 2 weeks and then weigh :) I have a target of 1.5 stone by July! Hoping I can do it x

I used to do mostly green days so if you need any advice or anything just ask, I'm going to try to cram in as much superfree the next few days! Do you eat fish? you should manage to hit target no problem if you stick with the plan, are you doing a food diary?

13/03/2013
B: 40g All Bran (HEB), sliced banana, part 500ml Light Alpro Soya Milk (HEA)
L: x5 scan bran (HEB), 5 Light Laughing Cow Cheese Triangles (HEA), cooked ham
D: Chargrilled chicken (Schwartz Perfect Shake - free), mushrooms, sugar snap peas and BNS Chips, Dessert: chopped strawberries, toffee mullerlight and crumbled meringue nest (2.5 syns)
Snacks: Tangerine, pear and melon
Syns: meringue nest from dinner (2.5) and Hi lights hot choc (2)

I used to do mostly green days so if you need any advice or anything just ask, I'm going to try to cram in as much superfree the next few days! Do you eat fish? you should manage to hit target no problem if you stick with the plan, are you doing a food diary?
I've not started one on here but just writing down what I have. Thank you for your offer of help, that's very kind of you. I really hope it works this time. I can eat soooo much sometimes but trying to limit the carbs a bit incase that's where I went wrong last time.

i did it for a month last time and gained 4lb but no idea what I did wrong so am a bit nervous this time but its spurred me to try again as so many people have done so well with it.

i eat fish occasionally but not that keen on most strong fish. I make the cod in parsley sauce (the one in a little packet) with veg once a week but that's about it x

I've not started one on here but just writing down what I have. Thank you for your offer of help, that's very kind of you. I really hope it works this time. I can eat soooo much sometimes but trying to limit the carbs a bit incase that's where I went wrong last time.

i did it for a month last time and gained 4lb but no idea what I did wrong so am a bit nervous this time but its spurred me to try again as so many people have done so well with it.

i eat fish occasionally but not that keen on most strong fish. I make the cod in parsley sauce (the one in a little packet) with veg once a week but that's about it x

I was just thinking I could subscribe to your diary and see what's what because I couldn't understand how you could get a gain... I'm a SW Veteran having done it for about 8 years now - I've only just gone back to group and re-set a new target after maintaining for so many years I wanted to give myself a new focus and goal. Are you going to group/doing it online? x

I was just thinking I could subscribe to your diary and see what's what because I couldn't understand how you could get a gain... I'm a SW Veteran having done it for about 8 years now - I've only just gone back to group and re-set a new target after maintaining for so many years I wanted to give myself a new focus and goal. Are you going to group/doing it online? x

I will find my old diary I posted on here and send you the link. Thank you so much for the help. I am doing it from home. I work with a consultant and she tried to help me last time when I filled in my food diary but couldn't understand the gain either. You have done so well! I am the same height as you and really want to get to 10 stone by July. I may do a diary on here if you really wouldn't mind feeding back any thoughts? Thank you

Here is the link to my post last year with a few days of what I ate on it.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/292060-please-help-new-gained-2-weeks-running.html

At the time I was very active, until January this year when I broke my leg in a skiing accident. I am still pretty immobile, on crutches when walking further than a few steps but getting there slowly. Hoping to get back to the gym by May but maybe start walking a bit as soon as I'm able too.

I will start a diary and send you the link to that too. Thank you again so much!

Of course I don't mind helping, I actually enjoy it, I love SW and love to talk about nothing more!ha I just had a look at your old diary at it is rather repetitive (dunno how I can talk seen as I eat the same lunch practically every day!!) I agree with all the comments that were given also. How do you feel about quorn? You could substitute that for meat and make all kinds. Also for some people carbs just don't bode well that's why I swapped to mostly red days now because I can feel how less bloated I feel. I can give you some quick fix meals and ideas for green if you like just so you can mix it up a bit, I'll see if I can find some old diaries and I'll do some lists for you, also if you try the link below there are hundreds of SW recipes on there and even some you could adapt to make vegeterian friendly....

Recipes | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes

Of course I don't mind helping, I actually enjoy it, I love SW and love to talk about nothing more!ha I just had a look at your old diary at it is rather repetitive (dunno how I can talk seen as I eat the same lunch practically every day!!) I agree with all the comments that were given also. How do you feel about quorn? You could substitute that for meat and make all kinds. Also for some people carbs just don't bode well that's why I swapped to mostly red days now because I can feel how less bloated I feel. I can give you some quick fix meals and ideas for green if you like just so you can mix it up a bit, I'll see if I can find some old diaries and I'll do some lists for you, also if you try the link below there are hundreds of SW recipes on there and even some you could adapt to make vegeterian friendly....

Recipes | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes
Thank you so much Gemma :)

i don't get on well with quorn, it gives me stomach ache but I do have small quantities now and again. Recently tried Linda Mccarney rosemary and onion sausages and love them!

Here's a few quick meals - hope they are helpful - the chickpea flan is to die for it's even better cold so so handy to take with you to work for lunch or when you're on the go. You could subsitute the Quorn for shop brands the ASDA meat free range is good the meatballs are gorgeous mmmm :)

Jacket potato, beans and 30g cheddar cheese (HEA)

Chickpea Flan – Batchelor’s Curry savoury rice, ASDA can of chickpea dahl and eggs – cook the rice and that to chickpea dahl and pour beaten eggs over and bake until eggs are cooked through

Mug Shots

Mushroom/vegetable omelette

Mushroom/vegetable stir fry

SW Chips, eggs fried in Frylight and beans

Sweet potato wedges/chips

Quorn sausage casserole – Quorn Best Ever sausages (1 syn each) mushrooms, red onion, passata poured over jacket potato

Home made Vegetable soups

Shepherd’s pie made with Quorn mince

Chilli con carne made with quorn mince served with rice

Pasta n Sauces (check syn values)

Savoury Rice

Batchelor’s Fat Free Super Noodles

Vegetable/mushroom Chow Mein

Mushy pea curry

Baxters Chilli Bowl Bean & Vegetables, chilled (free on green)

Scrambled/fried egg on toast (HEB)

Spaghetti on toast (HEB)

Just marking this so I can read both tomorrow - I will be back. :)

Here's a few quick meals - hope they are helpful - the chickpea flan is to die for it's even better cold so so handy to take with you to work for lunch or when you're on the go. You could subsitute the Quorn for shop brands the ASDA meat free range is good the meatballs are gorgeous mmmm :)

Jacket potato, beans and 30g cheddar cheese (HEA)

Chickpea Flan – Batchelor’s Curry savoury rice, ASDA can of chickpea dahl and eggs – cook the rice and that to chickpea dahl and pour beaten eggs over and bake until eggs are cooked through

Mug Shots

Mushroom/vegetable omelette

Mushroom/vegetable stir fry

SW Chips, eggs fried in Frylight and beans

Sweet potato wedges/chips

Quorn sausage casserole – Quorn Best Ever sausages (1 syn each) mushrooms, red onion, passata poured over jacket potato

Home made Vegetable soups

Shepherd’s pie made with Quorn mince

Chilli con carne made with quorn mince served with rice

Pasta n Sauces (check syn values)

Savoury Rice

Batchelor’s Fat Free Super Noodles

Vegetable/mushroom Chow Mein

Mushy pea curry

Baxters Chilli Bowl Bean & Vegetables, chilled (free on green)

Scrambled/fried egg on toast (HEB)

Spaghetti on toast (HEB)

Thank you :)

I lost a lot of weight a few years ago and kept it off until last year when I gained almost a stone. Did SW last year and got to target and that was that - had some STS weeks and 1lb a week losses but it was fine. Then in November we left for a long winter break and the lbs have piled on so now back on SW with a vengeance - don't want to get back to the gym and hear comments like - wow you have put weight on etc -so onwards and downwards.
I had to mark last night so I could find you both again this morning - I am just going to bed when you are having your lunch and as the boards move so quickly have difficulty finding some of the things I want to read.

Well done on the weight loss AND Slimmer of the Week

One week when I went to SW I was one of the first names read out and I had lost 3.5lbs then all the others were 1 - 1 - +1 etc so I was quite excited as I was going to get it that week until the last one read out was - loss of 6lbs for a first week - I was gutted. :sigh: It was the first time I had done any better than minus 1lb.

Add the Asda Chicken Style pieces to the list - 3 SYNS for the whole bag. I make a cottage pie type thing with it - Cook mushrooms, onions and any other veg, a little gravy and add chicken pieces and put in a pie dish, top with mashed potato - mixed sweet potato and plain ones - or add cheese to both of them. Put in the oven until pie filling hot and top nice and brown.

The "meatballs" are also 3 syns per bag (3 portions)

Last edited:
Back