Gemma's Diary Mixed Days - red, green, EE - new to EE advice welcome

Hi just saw all the lovely veggie ideas in your diary, I have just started sw but have done it many times over the last 20 years! Thanks for the ideas, can I ask how you make the mushy pea curry, I'm intrigued! Thanks :)

Hi just saw all the lovely veggie ideas in your diary, I have just started sw but have done it many times over the last 20 years! Thanks for the ideas, can I ask how you make the mushy pea curry, I'm intrigued! Thanks :)

3 cans of mushy peas
1 can of baked beans
onions and mushrooms (as many as you like)
1 tablespoon of sweetener
curry powder to taste
fry light

brown off the onions and mushrooms in some fry light, then add all the rest of the ingredients and leave on the heat for approx 20-30 mins. If you find the mixture to thick just add some water.

That's just one method if you search the forums there are lots of alternative recipes, very good for getting in your super speed foods and don't worry if you don't like mushy peas you can't taste them :D

I lost a lot of weight a few years ago and kept it off until last year when I gained almost a stone. Did SW last year and got to target and that was that - had some STS weeks and 1lb a week losses but it was fine. Then in November we left for a long winter break and the lbs have piled on so now back on SW with a vengeance - don't want to get back to the gym and hear comments like - wow you have put weight on etc -so onwards and downwards.
I had to mark last night so I could find you both again this morning - I am just going to bed when you are having your lunch and as the boards move so quickly have difficulty finding some of the things I want to read.

Well done on the weight loss AND Slimmer of the Week

One week when I went to SW I was one of the first names read out and I had lost 3.5lbs then all the others were 1 - 1 - +1 etc so I was quite excited as I was going to get it that week until the last one read out was - loss of 6lbs for a first week - I was gutted. :sigh: It was the first time I had done any better than minus 1lb.

Ah that's sickening just missing out like that! I'm going to try have a few green days over the next week all this talk of green days got me craving carbs!haha the weight has been coming off me without exercising so I'm just going to get back to the gym once I'm down to those last few tricky lbs! I do walking but that's about it at the minute. I'm on holiday 1st April (hence target date) and I'm already scared about undoing all my hard work...:sigh: never mind, not going away to be "good" haha

Thursday 14/03/2013
B: 35g Bran Flakes (HEB), sliced banana, part 500ml Alpro Light Soya Milk (HEA)
L: x3 boiled eggs mixed with Kraft Light French Dressing spread on x5 scan bran (HEB) 30g Cheddar (HEA) and cooked ham
D: Young's Scottish Kipper Fillets with Butter (4 syns), sprouts, carrots and Butternut Squash Chips. Dessert: chopped strawberries, red grapes with Mullerlight Vanilla Yoghurt poured over
Snacks: Apple
Syns: HiFi Light Bar (3) (Dinner = 4) and HiLights Hot Choc (2)

Thanks for the recipe, will definitely try that. When I used to go to class several years ago, people losing on their first week were not included in slimmer of the week as they often had big losses.

Thanks for the recipe, will definitely try that. When I used to go to class several years ago, people losing on their first week were not included in slimmer of the week as they often had big losses.

No problem :D actually I thought that they do the same at my group because the woman that joined with me lost 7lb in her first week but didn't get slimmer of the week because it was her first week.....

Bit of good news from patchworkpuss - WW wholemeal pitta bread now a HEXB :clap:

No problem :D actually I thought that they do the same at my group because the woman that joined with me lost 7lb in her first week but didn't get slimmer of the week because it was her first week.....

It may have been her second week but she was new (it was last year - senior moment) but remember there was a lot of muttering about it at the time and on the way out people said they thought I would have won it - but never mind onward and downward.

15/03/2013 - GREEN DAY:
B: 35g Bran Flakes (heb), sliced banana, part 500ml Alpro Light Soya Milk (HEA)
L: 5 scan bran (HEB), Boiled eggs mixed with Kraft light french dressing and pepper, 3 small tomatoes and 30g cheddar (HEA)
D: Mushroom Omelette and small can of beans, muller light, red grapes and strawberries
Syns: Mini Milka (1.5), Velvet Crunch (4), Hi Light Hot Choc (2)

I'm actually quite ashamed to post my weekend food/alcohol intake... Here goes!!

Saturday 16/03/2013:
B: 35g Bran Flakes (heb), sliced banana, part 500ml Alpro Light Soya Milk (HEA), grapes and strawberries, Muller Light
L/D: Went for afternoon tea I tried to be good and didn't eat 3 of my cakes but I couldn't resist them all ;) Beef and Horse radish sandwiches (HEB) (bread and horse radish syns 8) Half a raisin Scone and Strawberry Jam (15.5 syns) fruit tart (16 syns) Vodkas (40 syns)

Sunday 17/03/2013:
x2 small packets of Snack a Jacks (9 syns)
Vodkas (28 syns)

Had a very bad weekend alcohol wise (which I am paying for today...haha) Back on the band wagon today :eek:

I'm actually quite ashamed to post my weekend food/alcohol intake... Here goes!!

Saturday 16/03/2013:
B: 35g Bran Flakes (heb), sliced banana, part 500ml Alpro Light Soya Milk (HEA), grapes and strawberries, Muller Light
L/D: Went for afternoon tea I tried to be good and didn't eat 3 of my cakes but I couldn't resist them all ;) Beef and Horse radish sandwiches (HEB) (bread and horse radish syns 8) Half a raisin Scone and Strawberry Jam (15.5 syns) fruit tart (16 syns) Vodkas (40 syns)

Sunday 17/03/2013:
x2 small packets of Snack a Jacks (9 syns)
Vodkas (28 syns)

Had a very bad weekend alcohol wise (which I am paying for today...haha) Back on the band wagon today :eek:

Afternoon tea sounds lovely :) well done for keeping a count on all the syns, especially whilst drinking! I try and avoid drinking all together or I end up not caring and emptying out all my cupboards of any food ;)

Afternoon tea sounds lovely :) well done for keeping a count on all the syns, especially whilst drinking! I try and avoid drinking all together or I end up not caring and emptying out all my cupboards of any food ;)

Afternoon tea was amazing, the cakes were to die for I did take a goody bag home for my Mam with the cakes I didn't eat so managed to be somewhat good and earned some brownie points haha Alcohol is my downfall and this weekend was a bad one, not feeling confident for WI tomorrow, never mind I had fun :p

GREEN DAY RECIPES:

Lentil Lasagne:
Ingredients:
2 large onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic
2 sticks celery, chopped
3 medium carrots, chopped
2 peppers, chopped
1 big tin of chopped tomatoes
Brown lentils
1 tbsp tomato puree or passata
1 bay leaf
Sprig thyme
Lasagne sheets
1 big tub of quark
30g Cheddar (HEA or syn this)
Salt, pepper and nutmeg

Method:

Cook the veg & herbs in the chopped tomatoes. If you have time, let it simmer for 2-3 hours. Add lentils and enough water to cover and simmer until lentils are cooked.

Make white sauce from 1 tub of quark, grated 30g cheddar, salt and pepper.

Use a large oven proof shallow dish. Put the lentil mixture in the bottom then pasta sheets, then sauce. Repeat this and finish with the white sauce (you can add an egg to the quark mix here) can add extra cheese if you wish (syn it) and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until bubbling and brown.

Mushroom Risotto – FREE ON GREEN
Ingredients:
1 onion
1 garlic clove
Risotto rice
Stock
Mushrooms
30g Parmesan (HEA or syn it)
Quark

Method: Heat a pan with fry light and soften the garlic and onion. Add risotto rice, slowly add stock, cook until almost cooked. Add mushrooms, simmer until cooked. Add the parmesan and quark to make it really creamy and stir in a handful of flat leaf parsley. (You can add white wine if you wish but would need to syn).

Pasta Quiche: FREE ON GREEN
Ingredients:
1 packet of Cheese & Broccoli Batchelor’s Pasta n Sauce
4 Eggs
Black Pepper
Tomatoes

Method: Make the Past n Sauce according to pack, using all water instead of milk and allow it to cool slightly. Whisk the eggs, stir in the pasta n sauce and mix well. Pour in large flan dish and top with the tomatoes cook in the oven @ 190’c for about 30 minutes until the egg is set and the top is golden.

Leek and Pea Pasta – 2.5 SYNS GREEN
Ingredients:
Fusilli pasta
1 veg stock cube
Fry Light
2 leeks thinly sliced
Frozen garden peas
113g philly garlic and herbs

Place the pasta in a large bowl of water, add the stock cube and cook for 10 minutes. Meanwhile spray a non stick pan with Fry Light and place on a medium heat, add the leeks and peas and cook for 10 mins. Drain the pasta, reserving 113ml of the cooking stock and return to the pan.

In a bowl mix together the reserved stock and philly mixture. Add the philly mixture, leeks and peas to the pasta, season and mix well.

Chickpea Dahl Flan – FREE GREEN
Ingredients:
Packet of Batchelor’s curry savoury rice
ASDA Canned Chickpea Dahl
6 eggs

Method:
Cook the rice as per packet instructions, mix the rice with the chickpea dahl and place in a flan dish, mix in the eggs and cook for 25/30 minutes until the eggs are set and the top is golden brown, this is nice served hot or cold.

Cottage Cheese and Bean Cakes: - 1 SYN ON GREEN FOR FLOUR
Ingredients:
340g potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
1 x can baked beans in tomato sauce
2 level tbsp fat-free natural cottage cheese
2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
2 egg yolks
2 spring onions, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground white pepper
1 level tbsp plain flour
Fry Light, for spraying

Method:
Boil the potatoes in a large pan for about 15 minutes until tender. Drain well and mash them while they are still warm.
Add the baked beans, cottage cheese, parsley and egg yolks. Mix well together and then add the spring onions and seasoning to taste (the mixture shouldn’t be too wet).
Using your hands, mould the potato mixture into 8 patties and dust very lightly with flour.
Spray a frying pan with a little Fry Light. Heat and then cook the patties for 3–4 minutes each side.

Hope these recipes are of some use to someone they are some of my old favourites, in fact I'm going to do some green days this week now I've found these :D

Monday 18/03/2013 - RED DAY: VERY HUNGRY DAY!!
B: 35g Bran Flakes (HEB), Sliced banana and part 500ml Alpro Light Soya Milk (HEA)
L: x5 scan bran (HEB), x2 topped with sliced banana and the other three topped with X5 Laughing Cow Light cheese triangles (HEA), Tuna in Kraft light french dressing, 1 large tomato and marmite
D: WW Bacon (any fat trimmed), Butter Nut Squash Chips and mushrooms (fried in Frylight with the bacon)
Snacks: x2 oranges, melon, muller light and cooked ham
Syns: Alpen Light (3), small packet Snack a Jacks (5.5) and Hi Lights Hot Chocolate (2)

Hi just subscribing as Ive hit a wall and am now attempting a red week as of thursday! Great blog for ideas!

Thank you :) I LOVE red days they certainly speed up my weight loss, I'm on a bit of a fibre overload at the moment seems to also be helping me a lot (hence all the scan bran haha)

I've literally never done one before but Ive gained the last two weeks and looking at another one tomorrow :( I know its my own fault as Ive been picking about and not following the rules of EE but I think this strictness and lack of carbs will give me the big loss I need to get me motivated again.
I mean I find it mad though that for example, I could have 2 weetabix with milk for brekkie with fruit (HEX A + B) and then say a small ham and cheese sandwich for lunch with my second healthy extras. I know bread and cereal is fibre but its also carbs. Would I perhaps have to consider have say tinned fruit or something instead of bread to really speed it up? x

I've literally never done one before but Ive gained the last two weeks and looking at another one tomorrow :( I know its my own fault as Ive been picking about and not following the rules of EE but I think this strictness and lack of carbs will give me the big loss I need to get me motivated again.
I mean I find it mad though that for example, I could have 2 weetabix with milk for brekkie with fruit (HEX A + B) and then say a small ham and cheese sandwich for lunch with my second healthy extras. I know bread and cereal is fibre but its also carbs. Would I perhaps have to consider have say tinned fruit or something instead of bread to really speed it up? x

No of course not your HE's are still the same except you could have potaoes/pasta/pulses as a B Choice on a Red Day (obviously these are classed as 'free food' on EE) so eat what ever HE'B choices you wish, I have to use one for my cereal on a morning and use the second for my lunch for Ryvitas/scan bran/bread as it's convenient for me as I can't cook at work and then I can do meat/fish vegetables on an evening, loving BNS chips as well at the moment as I can bulk up my evening meal with them, I prefer them to potatoes these days!

Back