Gemma's Diary Mixed Days - red, green, EE - new to EE advice welcome

Thanks Gill, I was feeling positive as I knew things had settled down a bit i.e. my appetite!

Tuesday 04/06/2013 - GREEN DAY:

B: 35g Porridge (HEB), blueberries, 400ml Smart price Unsweetened Soya Milk (HEA)
L: x5 scan bran (HEB), x5 Laughing Cow Light Cheese Triangles (HEA) and marmite, nectarine, apple, WW Yoghurt
D: Mushroom and Quorn Chicken Risotto, Watermelon, WW Yoghurt, Orange, Peach, orange, HiFi Light (3 syns)
HiLights Hot Choc (2 syns), x2 Mikado (1 syn)

Done a 9 mile walk last night so I was starving when I got home hence all the fruit!

I live on the coast so we have a good beach for walking and a HUGE dene so walked the length of the dene and back, nice walk and lovely in the nice weather :) did a walk down the beach last night but just a quick 4 mile as had to get back early.

Wednesday 05/06/2013 - RED DAY:

B: 35g porridge (HEB), blueberries, 400ml Smart Price Unsweetened Soya Milk (HEA), HiFi Light Bar (3 syns)
L: x5 scan bran (HEB), can of tuna dressed in Kraft Light French Dressing, WW Yoghurt, nectarine, grapes, apple
D: Bacon and chicken salad, watermelon, shape zero yoghurt (strawberry 0.5 syns)
HiLights Hot Choc (2 syns)

Just had my bloods done so got that 12 hour fast over with and just threw my breakfast down my neck before after 6 viles of blood were taken I felt so faint!

THURSDAY 06/06/2013 - ?? DAY - ALL FREE :)

B: 40g All Bran (HEB), 400ml Smart Price Unsweetened Soya Milk (HEA)
L: Small beetroot and boiled egg salad, x5 scan bran (HEB), x2 sliced bananas, Shape Zero Yoghurt, pear, plum
D: Mushroom omelette with 30g cheddar (HEA) melted on top mmmmm! orange, shape zero yoghurt
Hot Choc (2 syns), HiFi Light Bar (3 syns)

Managed another 5 mile walk last night I feel great today, even got up an hour early and did my exercise routine :) think the sunshine has got me in holiday mode so I'm focused :)

Plan for today:

Friday 07/06/2013 - RED DAY:

B: 40g All Bran (HEB), 400ml Smart Price Unsweetened Soya Milk (HEA), sliced banana
L: x5 scan bran (HEB), x2 sliced bananas, shape zero yoghurt, nectarine, peach
D: X2 pieces of salmon, BNS Wedges and salad, 30g Cheddar (HEA)
Hot Choc (2 syns), Alpen Light (3 syns)

Going out for a hike to the Lake District on Saturday going out for the day so planning on a really good walk, will report back on how many miles, I love my app to track my workouts :) got a long weekend too as I'm off on Monday....

Have a great weekend everyone!

Thanks Gill I'm trying to keep syns between 5-6 too as I'm close to target see what effect it has, I feel fantastic the last few days the exercise has done me the world of good! Going to take a packed lunch with me tomorrow and pack it full of protein for our climb, really looking forward to it now :) I'm at a christening all day Sunday so I will be drinking (hence the Monday off :rolleyes:) but I will eat lunch before I go and just have some salad or fruit from the buffet so food wise I'll be fine - it's never the food that bothers me it's the alcohol that gets me!

Weekend sounds brill and dont worry about Sunday. A day off plan occasionally shouldnt do any harm :)

You are so close to target now, got my fingers crossed for you for wi next week. Im sure your going to be at target by your holidays ;) x

Oh yeah I'm just missing this week, I've got 5 weeks until my hol...

Had a change of plan for tea

image-4213677065.jpg

Two pieces of salmon cooked in balsamic vinegar, carrot and swede mash, garlic mushrooms, BNS wedges and red cabbage (1.5 syns) and yes those are my usual portion sizes!haha

2lb off! Sooo happy honestly I swear by scan bran haha

Hi Gemma, I have been reading through your posts and food diaries. Very interesting and I have learnt some things for green days. I felt very sad the week you didn`t get your target, I felt like I was reading a story and couldn`t wait to get to the next page. If you don`t mind I would love to carry on following you.
I too like scan bran but also never thought of having jam on them. Will give it a try. I have been doing EE but decided to try some red and green.

Good luck for your next WI.

Hi nanny

Thank you so much for your post and of course I don't mind you following, the more the merrier and pleased I can't be of some help to someone :)

I have never got my head around the EE plan having done SW for so long and I prefer the structure and extra HE's on red/green. I used to do a lot of green days but mostly try to stick to red now.

Do you go to group? If you need any help or advice please just ask or any recipes :)

Back